ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

2nd Disney trip just booked. We will be staying at CSR May 18-24 for DD's 5th bday. Ever since her MAW trip last year she hasn't stopped talking about Disney so DH and I decided what better way to ring in the big 5.

Yay, Mickey Mail!

Well, it had Dash from “The Incredibles” on the envelope, but still. It was my notice that my fast pass + window opens soon. Our date is March 26th. I'll be ready to do that plus online check-in. Wow, it is getting close.

My only question is what time does it open? I don’t remember seeing that in the pamphlet. I pulled it out again this morning because I know I was trying to read it fast in case one of the children came into the room, but I still don’t see it. To those of you that have done yours already, does it open at a certain time like the dining reservations? Can it be done at midnight as soon as the day starts?

I believe it's open at 12:01am. So as soon as the clock strikes 60 days, you can book your FP+ things !

Yay, Mickey Mail!

Well, it had Dash from “The Incredibles” on the envelope, but still. It was my notice that my fast pass + window opens soon. Our date is March 26th. I'll be ready to do that plus online check-in. Wow, it is getting close.

My only question is what time does it open? I don’t remember seeing that in the pamphlet. I pulled it out again this morning because I know I was trying to read it fast in case one of the children came into the room, but I still don’t see it. To those of you that have done yours already, does it open at a certain time like the dining reservations? Can it be done at midnight as soon as the day starts?

I love getting Mickey Mail! I recieved my notice about FP+ about 5 days after I had set it up, they were a bit late in getting it to me :confused3. At far as the time. It opens at midnight eastern time.

I love getting Mickey Mail! I recieved my notice about FP+ about 5 days after I had set it up, they were a bit late in getting it to me :confused3. At far as the time. It opens at midnight eastern time.

Mine was late too, I had quite the laugh. Luckily, I've been counting down since 262 days out so I knew when my day was without Disney's reminder.

And yes, midnight EST (Disney time) is correct. :)

We arrive on May 16th at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, move to Beach Club villas the 17th, then move again to Boardwalk Resort on the 23rd-25th. Both my boyfriend and I are most excited for our first Star Wars weekends being we're both huge nerds. :goodvibes Only 59 days to go!

This is pretty sweet! 3 resorts in one stay!! And of course SWW is going to be awesome! I can see myself blow a lot of money during those weekends. :thumbsup2

2nd Disney trip just booked. We will be staying at CSR May 18-24 for DD's 5th bday. Ever since her MAW trip last year she hasn't stopped talking about Disney so DH and I decided what better way to ring in the big 5.

An awesome way to celebrate a childs bday! We are doing to same with out DD5 who will be 6 and DD2 who will be 3. Added..:beach:

Please put us in for Port Orleans Riverside 5/17-5/25. First family trip. So excited!:banana:

NICE!! This family trip with be full of amazing memories!! :groom:

We'll be at CSR then as well! It will be mine & DD's 1st time at Disney. I hope your DD has an amazing birthday!

I believe the Mine Train ride opens May 2

I'm checking every day for it to be added to the FP list!

Will you please post if you see it added? I want to make sure we get some FP+. Any word on any height restrictions for the coaster?

Here is my daughters countdown to WDW!

http://instagram.com/p/lsAPVcFHoh/

Too CUTE!!! Olaf looks as excited as the girls. Will he be making the trip? Have you made FP+ to meet Elsa and Anna?

Ooo they did add the Elsa/Anna FP+? Excellent. Adding that one for sure to my list. 2 more days and I can make my FP+s!

As for SWW, I do believe the parade is a little earlier. Last year the motorcade was at 11am. I would expect the same this year.

We have 11:30 ADRs at Hollywood and Vine, I wonder if I should redo our plans for SWW as soon as I find out motorcade times. If anyone finds out please let me know.

We will be staying at AKL for SWW, 5/15-5/18.

This is our very first SWW although my dad has been dying to make it to one since they started running them. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for answering my question about the fast pass + time. I’m up late most nights, because I am doing a couple of self-paced trainings I can only start on after the children are in bed, so I will stay up and try to get this done after studying next week.

Super-duper excited to be planning a trip to WDW in May!!!!
We've been before, but as little kids before the rest of my siblings were born, so this will be the first time all 9 of us (7 kids & the parents) head to Florida together!
We'll be at POR from 5/16 to 5/24, so please add us to the list -- we're starting with SWW and finishing with the 24-hour day, celebrating 2 birthdays while we're there and planning to have a blast!
I've already done ADR & FP+, now we're just working on t-shirts and finalizing the travel details. So happy that it's all working out--it's gonna be so fun!!

So I am starting to pack... We won't have a stroller for the first time ever, and wdw isn't DL where we can easily run back and change clothes or add layers as the evening gets cooler. We will have a car, is it a huge PITA if we leave sweatshirts and stuff in the car, and one of us can go get them of we are cold? Or should be we plan on carrying them? We don't have plans to take breaks during our park days.

So I am starting to pack... We won't have a stroller for the first time ever, and wdw isn't DL where we can easily run back and change clothes or add layers as the evening gets cooler. We will have a car, is it a huge PITA if we leave sweatshirts and stuff in the car, and one of us can go get them of we are cold? Or should be we plan on carrying them? We don't have plans to take breaks during our park days.

I would call it a huge PITA. Especially at the MK as it's like an hour round trip & will likely at least involve a tram at any park. My vote would be to put the sweaters in a locker & get them out when needed. It'll cost a few bucks but worth it for the time saver.

It's a PITA. Tried it once. This trip DD is 12 and we are still taking a cheap stroller with us. I can keep everything in the bag - sunscreen, sweatshirts, water bottles... Then in the stroller. We park in stroller parking and then go about our business in that area. I'm not a fan of lockers but some people love them. I considered renting a stroller at the park and doing the same as I would with my own stroller but it's more of a pain to have to rent and return everyday than just using ours. It's a very small stroller but just right for what I need.

It's a PITA. Tried it once. This trip DD is 12 and we are still taking a cheap stroller with us. I can keep everything in the bag - sunscreen, sweatshirts, water bottles... Then in the stroller. We park in stroller parking and then go about our business in that area. I'm not a fan of lockers but some people love them. I considered renting a stroller at the park and doing the same as I would with my own stroller but it's more of a pain to have to rent and return everyday than just using ours. It's a very small stroller but just right for what I need.

I knew I was going to miss the stroller! So ridiculous! We've only done DL... And admittedly had a stroller even for our last trip when dd was 8... She is a tiny thing and was just under the weight limit on the thing... She barely rode in it (I used it for rope drop and at the end of the day to haul back to the hotel) but boy it came in handy for storage! Hubby will never allow a stroller again... I carry a tiny backpack that just fits wet ones, Kleenex, Advil and dollar store ponchos, might have to rethink and let hubby carry his regular backpack and throw sweatshirts in there. 80 degrees there today-probably warmer in May- which will feel hot to us west coasters... So I figure a backpack is going to feel hot. I guess we can do a locker as a backup. Are they only near the entrance of the parks, or spread out throughout?

If my DH refused a stroller - he'd be carrying the backpack and dealing with where to put it on certain rides. Lockers are I believe in one spot. At MK they are near the entrance near the train station if I'm not mistaken. Epcot May have two locations but I'm not sure. There are key one in the park and coin operated ones that cost money every time you open them before you enter the parks. We only used a locker once at MK and I didn't like it so we still bring the stroller for convenience. But for us between water bottles, sweatshirts, ponchos, snacks... Lugging a backpack is hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter