“THINK BIG” What would you like to have at a new offsite DVC?

Which three would like to see built at a new offsite DVC (Max of 3 please)

• Indoor/Outdoor Mini Water Park

• Spacious World Class SPA & Fitness Center

• Multiple Onsite Dining options

• Extensive Video Arcade/Game Room

• DisneyQuest

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

phyllisnnj

Mouseketeer
Choose the top three items that you would like to see built at a new offsite DVC
(Please do not exceed three choices)

Of course, I would prefer all of the above at a new offsite DVC (if one is ever built) however I could do without Disney Quest. Not that I dislike DisneyQuest but I would rather have Disney invest $$$ in the other feature listed in this poll.

My “THINK BIG” preferences would be for the following:

(1) Water Park like the one at the Grand Wailea Resort in Maui

Here’s the description from GrandWailea.com for the Wailea Canyon Activity Pool :
“This multi-faceted, 2,000 foot long, 25,700 total square foot, 770,000 gallon pool consists of nine free-form pools at six levels, beginning at 40 feet and dropping to sea level. The pools are connected by a river that carries swimmers along at varying speeds, from white water rapids to lazy currents. Wailea Canyon includes four jungle pools, four tile slides, a white water rapids slide, a Tarzan pool with rope swing, the world's only water elevator, a sand beach, six waterfalls, caves, three Jacuzzis, a sauna, an infant pool, and a swim-up bar, where guests can order refreshing beverages.”

(2) Fitness Center like the one on the Royal Caribbean’s Voyager Class Cruise Ships.

Here’s the description from cruisecritic.com
“The adjacent ShipShape Center on Deck 11 features a mirrored, ocean-view aerobics area with spinning bikes and free weights, ocean-view gym with 20 Lifefitness treadmills, 14 Lifefitness elliptical cross trainers, six recumbent bicycles and four stationary bicycles, Lifefitness weight machines and steppers, additional free weights and a round thalassotherapy pool. A stereo system and television monitors provide entertainment while you work out. The ShipShape Spa on Deck 12, is where they spell relaxation with a capital R. This is a serene oasis with ocean-view salon, and 14 massage rooms, one dry floatation room, Rasul suite and relaxation area with sea views. Other fitness and recreational facilities include a jogging track (five times around equals one mile) an outdoor sports deck complete with mini-golf and golf simulator; a full-length sports court for basketball, paddle ball or volleyball; a curvy in-line skating track; and of course, the awesome Rock-Climbing wall -200 feet above the sea.”

(3) Three types of Dining Options – Quick or Counter Service (similar to Artist's Palette at SSR, Roaring Fork), Family Sit Down Casual/Theme Dining (similar to Cape May Cafe, Boma, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Ohana) and Disney Signature Dining (similar to Artist Point, Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse)

Definitely Big Water Park.

and somewhere an indoor pool too for those Icky Days.

Goldi

I think the key to success for an off-site Disney resort would the "other" factor that only Disney imagineering can dream up. Certainly the resort should be high-end, and include multiple dining options, spa/fitness, and gaming. But IMO they should capitalize on the natural attraction of the area to make their resort the premier vacation experience. Probably need to continue to focus on family values core Disney strength.

Examples: If they build a resort in Colorado, they should make it THE BEST ski resort in the state. If Hawaii, make it a Polynesian paradise with creative entertainment or adventurous features. If the Caribbean, how about a Disney island. Is Castaway Cay big enough for a resort?

In the end, I honestly don't think DVC can lead Disney into these markets. I think Disney would need to invest in a much bigger way, perhaps through acquisition of a resort chain or a massive organic expansion of the Disney Travel Company. DVC could follow with timeshare options, perhaps as they did with VWL and BCV.

I'd like to see really good family centered and kids-only programming that matched the locale: hiking, horseback, nature hikes, something that allows guests to get to know and experience the place it's in.

Ooh, ohh, I know! Cowboy Goofy and the Country Bears in BRANSON! (Just kidding.) :rolleyes:

Ideally, I'd like to see something closer to us than Florida or Hawaii, but whatever they do, anything well-themed and thoughtfully built with attention to detail is fine by me. An inland resort without parks or beach access would require some pretty special add-ons or dynamite local attractions to make it interesting enough to expend points on. NYC, Grand Canyon, mountains, snow, historic area, etc.

TimC- I don't know if Castaway Key has the infrastructure or space for a full-blown resort. Everything has to be brought in. I'd think a full-blown resort would be very expensive to build and run.

DisFlan

Among my votes would be "other".

If Disney builds off-site, I think they need to greatly enhance the size and layout of the accommodations. For an on-site visit to WDW, they are great. But if they're just "one more timeshare" in another location, they would need to beef up the amenities, IMHO.

Aren't these resorts interesting:
http://www.greatbearlodge.com/
Something like this as part of the resort near a major American travel site like Washington DC and all there is to visit and see there, New York City and all there is to see there, the Gand Canyon, Yosemite, Williamsburg, etc. would be wonderful. It would need to be the kind of destination a family would like to visit repeatedly. I guess a major ski area/summer recreation area would also work in conjunction with a recreational resort.

i voted other too..........i think it should be in the biggest city in our country and tied to us winning the 2012 olympics in NYC.............just think of how many folks would want to go to NYC at Xmas.........

. . . included in the price like on the cruise. Our kids love that programming and I wouldn't mind paying a higher price for my room to have it . . . or an add on to the price if I was using points. They just do such a great job with the kids stuff!!!

Voted "other" because we would only be interested in DVC properties being built at other Disney locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter