“Shhh! You’re Ruining the Magic!” A Family’s First Disney Trip Report NEW 10/6

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin has a special place in my heart. I got the call for my current job while on that ride. Of course I missed the call but called back later and was offered.

What a fun update. Well, except for the misinformed CM that there would be no opening show. :headache:

I love the photos of all of you on Buzz. Such a great first ride that the entire family could ride.

The picture of the kids with Zurg is awesome!

can't wait to see where you go next.

Misinformed indeed. But it all worked out just fine :)
Buzz was an awesome first family ride. We had so much fun!

It was a packed day, and the fun has only just begun ;)

I can actually feel the magic. You have a talent for writing prose.

Subbing

Can't wait to read more!

You are so sweet. Thank you! It's so much more fun to write when I know someone is reading :)

Loving your TR so far! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much! More is coming shortly!

A Fantasy-Filled Morning

(text heavy, picture light...sorry)

When we last left off, the family had just defeated the evil Emperor Zurg, and then chilled with him behind bars. Our short time in Tomorrowland was now at an end, however. Originally the plan was to use rider swap for Space Mountain, but since it was down, we decided to get a jump on our long list of “must-dos” waiting for us in Fantasyland!

Our first destination was Peter Pan, because it was still early on in the Extra Magic Hour, so I knew there was a decent chance of a short wait. I personally have no desire to wait 45 minutes for a 2 minute “flight”. We arrived to see a 15 minute wait time. I said, okay we're riding, and my FIL questioned me, saying that the line looked longer than 15 minutes and maybe we should come back later.

:sad2:

I said “trust me, it’s okay!” Sure enough, we only waited about 10 minutes, and you better believe we never saw it at a wait shorter than 40 minutes for the rest of our trip. Point for Caitlin :woohoo:

Anyway, we were shortly aboard our pirate ships. Once again, Gigs rode with Ben and I, and the girls each took a grandparent. Gigs was mesmerized by the entire ride! He was an instant natural at the whole ride thing. He is an extremely wiggly child by nature, but never once tried to stand up or climb around any ride vehicles. He just sat and watched intently on whatever ride we took him. It was so much fun to watch his reactions!

All too soon, our trip to Neverland was over. The girls proclaimed it “SO much fun” and asked to try another one. Of course! That's why we're here! Next on the agenda was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Again, we waited about 10 minutes. It was moving too quickly to explore the interactive queue much (not complaining!), but the kids absolutely loved the honey walls! What a cute idea! We had a fun trip in our hunny pots (someone needs to tell spell check that “hunny” is correct in Pooh-speak!) with our same ride buddies. I thought this one was really cute!

My plan for the morning indicated that we were to now use our ETWB fastpasses, but it was still nowhere near time, so I decided that we should head to Storybook Circus to do Dumbo and Barnstormer. On the way there, however, I ended up changing plans AGAIN. I saw that the Ariel meet and greet was at 15 minutes. I had originally planned to do this after our Under the Sea FP+, but that wasn’t until noon, and I had been worried about a long wait at that time. So, I made another executive decision, and called for everyone to park their strollers. This would be a very important character meet, as Ariel is Bethany’s very FAVORITE princess! princess:

This wait ended up actually being about 20 minutes, but it was not bad because we took it as an opportunity to give the kids some yogurt covered raisins for a pre-lunch pick me up. Soon enough, we were led into the grotto, and lucky you, I actually have pictures of this part! ;)

But first, a little back story. I had been a bit heartbroken earlier in the week as we were preparing for the trip when Bethany came up to me and said:

“Mom, I’m excited to meet Mickey Mouse, and all of the princesses and everyone, but they aren’t really real, are they? They are just costumes, right?”

:eek::eek::eek::scared::scared:

I seriously felt my heart stop at this point. Dang it, she is five! I thought we were safely in the range to have a trip without questioning the magic! Now I know there are differing opinions on how to handle this situation, but I just wasn’t ready to give up so early. My response was this: “Not in Disney World, honey, you will see.” In my mind, I wasn’t lying, because at WDW, the characters are as real as they will ever be. She seemed satisfied enough with that answer, and enjoyed the character interaction the night before at Chef Mickey’s, but didn’t seem all that convinced.

Okay, back to the grotto. We were let into the room while the family before us is visiting Ariel. There she is, sitting in a seashell, with her gorgeous red hair and that beautiful, sparkly fin. And she is bubbly and happy, and talking a mile a minute about her adventures with Flounder. Well, Bethany is holding my hand watching this, and suddenly just looks up at me with wide eyes…

“Mom. She’s REAL!!!!”​

People, THIS IS IT.

THIS IS WHY WE DO DISNEY.

This is why I spent months and months and months planning and obsessing and perfecting the plan. The look on my child’s face, a child who is all-too-quickly turning into a not-so-little girl, was one of pure wonder. It was magic. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t choking back tears for the rest of the meet.

So eventually it was our turn. I didn’t take notes, so I don’t remember exactly what was said, but that doesn’t matter. What I do remember is that Ariel was fantastic! She was so sweet and welcoming and fun. She talked to the girls about this being their first trip, and told them some funny stories. She kept up a nonstop stream of conversation, and it was all perfect. The girls were just so happy, and my mommy heart was happy too. :cloud9:

10huoih.jpg

dg1dua.jpg

The ONLY bad thing about this meet was that Ariel talked so much that Bethany forgot to tell her that she is her favorite princess! She had been planning to tell her, and was slightly disappointed when she remembered later on. But no worries, there would be an opportunity for that later (although that is a story for another time.)

Also, I was a little annoyed at my MIL. She kept talking about the characters in un-magical ways, forgetting about the little ears around. This time, she came out talking about how wonderful Ariel was, but commented that she would not be able to have a job that required her to talk non stop for hours on end. Okay, not the worst comment, but definite foreshadowing of things to come :sad2:

After a great encounter with the finned princess, we made our way over to Storybook Circus. Becca was excited to ride the Barnstormer, because it was the only coaster that she would be tall enough to ride on this trip. It was a 5 minute wait! I rode with Bethany in the front row, and Becca rode with her daddy behind us.

mvs0nk.jpg

The girls both loved it, but asked why it was so short.

Next was Dumbo, which was also 5 minutes! I was quite pleased with myself at this point for making such good detour decisions :goodvibes Since there was no wait, we bypassed the play area. The kids were excited to fly with Dumbo!

2sbwz69.jpg

1252kuh.jpg

34zyr1t.jpg

(If those are showing up sideways, I'm sorry. I can't figure out why.)

As usual, Ben and I rode with Gigs. Once he realized what the lever did, he spent the ride controlling the elephant, so it was a pretty jarring ride!

vz9emq.jpg

ke9d7b.jpg

After our fun at the circus, it was getting to be time for our FP, so we started heading to a special cottage.

But wait…what’s that I see? A 5 minute wait on Under the Sea?

I called for everyone to park the strollers once again (my poor family, lol. They got used to me changing my mind after a while and just went with it!) We had a FP scheduled for after lunch, but I just KNEW that this would be a favorite with the girls (Ariel obsessed, remember?), so it would definitely require multiple rides!

We zipped our way through the awesome queue and into our clamshells. This ride was super cute, and I loved looking over at the shell next to me and seeing Bethany sitting with her grandpa, singing along to the music and excitedly pointing out everything to him.

Finally, it was time to get back on schedule. The next stop requires its own post though, because I took too many pictures!​

Subbing in! Loving your TR so far! POR is such a beautiful resort! Stayed there last April and enjoyed every moment!

My DD turned 6 in February, so she's about the same age as yours... and I too have just started getting the, "Mom... so-and-so said that the characters at Disney World are just people in costumes." talk. Dang it... I HATE kindergarten! It shot through my heart to hear that! So I asked her what she thought and she thought that the ones at Disney were the "real" ones. Then I told her she was right. Just like Santa has lots of "helpers" the characters do too and the real ones are there. Yes, I know I lied to her... but she's still my baby and she's not old enough to not believe in the magic! So I have to admit... when you wrote what your DD said I got a little teary-eyed! She is real!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Bummer about that CM who misinformed you about the welcome show - but happy to see you take it in stride.

Yeah for enjoying Buzz ... boo for Space mountain being down

Glad that you son did well with the rides and wasn't wiggly :thumbsup2

Ugh about Bethany questioning if the characters are real or people in costumes - I think you had a very good answer! I almost ruined it for my daughter when we saw Adele Dazeem singing Let is Go and I told her that she is the voice of Elsa - to which she responded "what do you mean voice of? Elsa is real ... you can meet her in Disney World!" We eventually agreed that since Elsa is busy meeting children and since Mz. Dazeem signs the song so well they let her sing it on TV

And yeah for Bethany then being so excited to see the "real" Ariel. Must have been some dust in the room as I randomly got a little teary-eyed reading that ;)

Glad everyone enjoyed Under the Sea - and that you got to appreciate you child enjoying time with her grandparents in a magical place

Reading along! Sounds like your trip got off to a good start!

My girls have also asked the dreaded question about the characters, and I wanted to cry :( I make it a point not to outright lie to them, so I've hedged the best I can lol! We will be taking our first family trip in October, and also staying at POR! Glad you liked the resort, I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to read more :)

Joining in! We are planning on taking our soon-to-be 5 year old DD on her first trip in November and I am excited to see how your trip works out so I can use it as reference when planning mine. A couple we know and their 6 year old DD are coming too and our one HUGE debate right now amongst all of us is strollers or no strollers. Did you find them necessary or just a great way to keep everyone moving at a good pace?
Can't wait to follow along!

Great report so far. I love mornings in Magic Kingdom with short waits!

Thanks! It was a great morning and such a good start to our trip.

Subbing in! Loving your TR so far! POR is such a beautiful resort! Stayed there last April and enjoyed every moment!

My DD turned 6 in February, so she's about the same age as yours... and I too have just started getting the, "Mom... so-and-so said that the characters at Disney World are just people in costumes." talk. Dang it... I HATE kindergarten! It shot through my heart to hear that! So I asked her what she thought and she thought that the ones at Disney were the "real" ones. Then I told her she was right. Just like Santa has lots of "helpers" the characters do too and the real ones are there. Yes, I know I lied to her... but she's still my baby and she's not old enough to not believe in the magic! So I have to admit... when you wrote what your DD said I got a little teary-eyed! She is real!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Right! It's so hard, because I don't want to lie to my keeps, but sheesh, stay little and innocent for awhile, mmmkay?

Bummer about that CM who misinformed you about the welcome show - but happy to see you take it in stride.

Yeah for enjoying Buzz ... boo for Space mountain being down

Glad that you son did well with the rides and wasn't wiggly :thumbsup2

Ugh about Bethany questioning if the characters are real or people in costumes - I think you had a very good answer! I almost ruined it for my daughter when we saw Adele Dazeem singing Let is Go and I told her that she is the voice of Elsa - to which she responded "what do you mean voice of? Elsa is real ... you can meet her in Disney World!" We eventually agreed that since Elsa is busy meeting children and since Mz. Dazeem signs the song so well they let her sing it on TV

And yeah for Bethany then being so excited to see the "real" Ariel. Must have been some dust in the room as I randomly got a little teary-eyed reading that ;)

Glad everyone enjoyed Under the Sea - and that you got to appreciate you child enjoying time with her grandparents in a magical place

Yeah, I was a little annoyed at the whole deal with the morning show, but there were too many other things to be happy about to let it get me down. We were about to go into the Magic Kingdom for the first time!

No worries, Space Mountain will happen soon enough ;)

Oh gosh, I didn't even think about the voice character deal. I'm sure that would open a whole new can of worms with Bethany.

Yeah, that dust can be sneaky sometimes :)

Reading along! Sounds like your trip got off to a good start!

My girls have also asked the dreaded question about the characters, and I wanted to cry :( I make it a point not to outright lie to them, so I've hedged the best I can lol! We will be taking our first family trip in October, and also staying at POR! Glad you liked the resort, I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to read more :)

We loved POR so much that we will be returning in October! I hope you like it too. Thanks for joining in.

Joining in! We are planning on taking our soon-to-be 5 year old DD on her first trip in November and I am excited to see how your trip works out so I can use it as reference when planning mine. A couple we know and their 6 year old DD are coming too and our one HUGE debate right now amongst all of us is strollers or no strollers. Did you find them necessary or just a great way to keep everyone moving at a good pace?
Can't wait to follow along!

Honestly, the strollers were a necessity for us. We knew we were going to be touring at a fast pace, and even my oldest would not have been able to keep up. We decided against our big double stroller and took 3 umbrella strollers, for several reasons. #1, we had 4 adults and 3 children, so at any given time, one person could have a break from pushing. #2, we took midday nap breaks most days, so reclining seats weren't necessary, and we only carried one light shoulder bag, so no need for stroller storage. #3, THE BUSSES. Having to fold and unfold the strollers every time you ride a bus is a major pain, but it is 1000x faster with small umbrella strollers. And they took up less space on the bus. That all being said, they were a pain to push and the wheels sometimes locked up, but it worked fine for our needs. We are looking forward to being stroller free on our kidless trip though!

Great news about the shorter than anticipated wait times!

It was certainly nice!

Some Major Typecasting​

Now that we were done with our many fun and well-timed detours, it was finally time to use our very first FP+ reservations! We were headed to experience Enchanted Tales with Belle. This was a great use of FP, as the line at 10am was either 45 or 60 minutes (I really should have taken notes…). But we got to go right in! I was pretty excited for this, as I wanted my girls to really feel the Disney magic on the first day.

Let me just say, the magic mirror is way cool. I had seen a video of it, but watching in person is really great. Then we go into the room with the wardrobe, which as we all know, is crazy realistic looking.

Then the “casting” began, and I got really excited, because silly me had forgotten that my girls would get to actually participate! Well, it quickly became a family affair, because Bethany was chosen to play Maurice, Becca was Beast, and Ben got pulled to be a suit of armor! He quickly threw me his phone to take pictures, because he didn't want to throw the camera, lol. So sorry about the quality of these next zillion photos.

2dsntp4.jpg

33eoas7.jpg

2yulxjt.jpg

(how cute is she with the Mickey ears and cape?)

10z6bv9.jpg

2mo4bgm.jpg

2wrmbsm.jpg

Bethany was shaking with excitement. She loves the spotlight and was so happy to have a part. Becca also is a little performer, but she is also my wild card, and can act quite beastly (hence the typecasting). At this point, she was all smiles too. We all loaded into Belle’s library, and the kids took their seats.

2efrd78.jpg

Not looking too excited anymore.

2dtrl7p.jpg

The CM explained how they were going to put on a show for Belle, and she came in looking beautiful in her ball gown.

rupw7b.jpg

33k3dw3.jpg

They went through the story, but when it came time for Becca’s turn, she suddenly turned shy. I looked over and she was huddled into the CM and shaking her head. She did not want to play her part. The CM took her cape off and I thought she gave it to another girl, but Becca is still wearing it in later pictures, so I don’t remember what happened exactly. Anyway, she eventually came around enough to take a picture with Belle.

348mw0g.jpg

34o359w.jpg

Bethany was on cloud nine, though!

2l8c03t.jpg

Ben did wonderfully in his guarding duties as well ;)

nnjqqc.jpg

This was a really cute experience. I loved taking my kids to it, but it’s not something that I will feel the need to visit on every trip. I do think that everyone should go to see the mirror, wardrobe, and Lumiere!
After our magical visit, we were all very hungry, and we knew the perfect place to eat!​

Some Major Typecasting​

Now that we were done with our many fun and well-timed detours, it was finally time to use our very first FP+ reservations! We were headed to experience Enchanted Tales with Belle. This was a great use of FP, as the line at 10am was either 45 or 60 minutes (I really should have taken notes…). But we got to go right in! I was pretty excited for this, as I wanted my girls to really feel the Disney magic on the first day.

Let me just say, the magic mirror is way cool. I had seen a video of it, but watching in person is really great. Then we go into the room with the wardrobe, which as we all know, is crazy realistic looking.

Then the “casting” began, and I got really excited, because silly me had forgotten that my girls would get to actually participate! Well, it quickly became a family affair, because Bethany was chosen to play Maurice, Becca was Beast, and Ben got pulled to be a suit of armor! He quickly threw me his phone to take pictures, because he didn't want to throw the camera, lol. So sorry about the quality of these next zillion photos.

2dsntp4.jpg

33eoas7.jpg

2yulxjt.jpg

(how cute is she with the Mickey ears and cape?)

10z6bv9.jpg

2mo4bgm.jpg

2wrmbsm.jpg

Bethany was shaking with excitement. She loves the spotlight and was so happy to have a part. Becca also is a little performer, but she is also my wild card, and can act quite beastly (hence the typecasting). At this point, she was all smiles too. We all loaded into Belle’s library, and the kids took their seats.

2efrd78.jpg

Not looking too excited anymore.

2dtrl7p.jpg

The CM explained how they were going to put on a show for Belle, and she came in looking beautiful in her ball gown.

rupw7b.jpg

33k3dw3.jpg

They went through the story, but when it came time for Becca’s turn, she suddenly turned shy. I looked over and she was huddled into the CM and shaking her head. She did not want to play her part. The CM took her cape off and I thought she gave it to another girl, but Becca is still wearing it in later pictures, so I don’t remember what happened exactly. Anyway, she eventually came around enough to take a picture with Belle.

348mw0g.jpg

34o359w.jpg

Bethany was on cloud nine, though!

2l8c03t.jpg

Ben did wonderfully in his guarding duties as well ;)

nnjqqc.jpg

This was a really cute experience. I loved taking my kids to it, but it’s not something that I will feel the need to visit on every trip. I do think that everyone should go to see the mirror, wardrobe, and Lumiere!
After our magical visit, we were all very hungry, and we knew the perfect place to eat!​

Your girls are so cute! My DH was picked to be the Suit of Armor on our last trip too! It was great because he didn't have a clue what Enchanted Tales with Belle was all about... and ended up loving it!

Just finished your PTR and I'm excited to see how the trip went :)

I hope you get back to Epcot and eat at Garden Grill at some point I have been dreaming about their food (& I'm no foodie) since we ate their over the summer.

:wave2:

Me again!

I loved your story about Ariel making your big girl a believer! I love Disney Magic pixiedust:

I meant to ask, just curious did you end up making autograph books? I haven't seen the front in any pictures yet.

Oh and I love the picture of your DH with Mouse Ears on the Buzz ride!

I was a couple of updates behind as I had to do responses on mine and an update after we got back from visiting the kids in Iowa this weekend.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos with Ariel. And how wonderful that the interaction went so well and they didn't overhear Grandma!

You did awesome with your detours for Peter Pan, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Mermaid, etc. :thumbsup2

I have yet to see Enchanted Tales with Belle; it's not something Mark and I want to do as two adults but I'm sure I'll be doing it with the girls in May/June. Love those photos as well and glad both girls and hubby got picked.

Just found your post - can't wait to dig in and begin reading your adventures. We'll be there in 39 days... can't wait.

Enjoying your trip report and pictures! I remember taking our daughter when she was 5 years old to Cinderella's Castle for breakfast. She was just awestruck by the characters especially Peter Pan. He sat down right beside her and told her that she was "such a girl". She had stars in her eyes! And she still speaks of that moment now at 23.

We stayed at POR in Alligator Bayou in 2002 and loved, loved, loved it! While the room we had was a good walk to the food court, it was real close to a bus stop and it just seemed that we were always able to hop on the bus we needed that day. We enjoyed walking through the resort looking at the landscaping and all the rabbits and squirrels. It was great!

Hey there, Caitlin! I am so sorry - I have fallen way behind on the DIS. Trying to play catch-up this week. So here goes…. :laughing:

Whoa! That’s really messed up about the MK welcome show. How odd! To be honest, I’m always more about getting a good spot in line, but it bites not to be able to see the show at all. :(

Smart move choosing a first attraction that could easily be done more than once. The kids must have been so excited!

Aww - the Ariel moment is just priceless. :lovestruc

Oh, the Barnstormer - Willow was so excited on our first trip when she was tall enough for that ride. Amazing how fast they grow and change. *sigh*

Oh my! The ETwB experience was amazing! :lovestruc

Your girls are so cute! My DH was picked t
to be the Suit of Armor on our last trip too! It was great because he didn't
have a clue what Enchanted Tales with Belle was all about... and ended up loving it!

That's so funny. My DH didn't know what it was either, but he's a good sport :)

Just finished your PTR and I'm excited to see how the trip went :)

I hope you get back to Epcot and eat at Garden Grill at some point I have been dreaming about their food (& I'm no foodie) since we ate their over the summer.

:wave2:

It was really difficult for me to give up the Garden Grill ADR. Maybe another time!

Me again!

I loved your story about Ariel making your big girl a believer! I love Disney Magic pixiedust:

I meant to ask, just curious did you end up making autograph books? I haven't seen the front in any pictures yet.

Oh and I love the picture of your DH with Mouse Ears on the Buzz ride!

I did make the autograph books, but they aren't "permanent." What I did was get notebooks from the dollar store and glue index cards onto the pages. On the airplane, I gave the girls princess and fairy stickers to decorate the covers. My plan is to take off the index cards with the signatures, and make the girls scrapbooks with the photos too. I'm a procrastinator though, so who knows if it will actually happen!

I was a couple of updates behind as I had to do responses on mine and an update after we got back from visiting the kids in Iowa this weekend.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos with Ariel. And how wonderful that the interaction went so well and they didn't overhear Grandma!

You did awesome with your detours for Peter Pan, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Mermaid, etc. :thumbsup2

I have yet to see Enchanted Tales with Belle; it's not something Mark and I want to do as two adults but I'm sure I'll be doing it with the girls in May/June. Love those photos as well and glad both girls and hubby got picked.

Yes, thankfully they didn't overhear Grandma! It really was an awesome interaction.

All of my disboards time really paid off on this day! It was great to get on so many attractions.

ETWB was really cute, but I don't think I will go back without the kids. It was so much fun to have all of them participate! Good memories :hippie:

Just found your post - can't wait to dig in and
begin reading your adventures. We'll be there in 39 days... can't wait.

Thanks for joining in! 39 days is exciting!

Enjoying your trip report and pictures! I remember taking our daughter when she was 5 years old to Cinderella's Castle for breakfast. She was just awestruck by the characters especially Peter Pan. He sat down right beside her and told her that she was "such a girl". She had stars in her eyes! And she still speaks of that moment now at 23.

We stayed at POR in Alligator Bayou in 2002 and loved, loved, loved it! While the room we had was a good walk to the food court, it was real close to a bus stop and it just seemed that we were always able to hop on the bus we needed that day. We enjoyed walking through the resort looking at the
landscaping and all the rabbits and squirrels. It was great!

I love that Peter Pan story! The characters really are a major part of the Disney magic.

POR is just awesome. I'm so glad we stayed there.

:(
Hey there, Caitlin! I am so sorry - I have fallen way behind on the DIS. Trying to play catch-up this week. So here goes…. :laughing:

Whoa! That’s really messed up about the MK welcome show. How odd! To be honest, I’m always more about getting a good spot in line, but it bites not to be able to see the show at all. :(

It was annoying, but I definitely didn't mind being almost at the front of the line! And we had another chance to see the show later on.

Smart move choosing a first attraction that could easily be done more than once. The kids must have been so excited!

There is something special about being able to say, "oh you liked that? Let's do it again!" Cool mom points for sure.

Aww - the Ariel moment is just priceless. :lovestruc

Oh, the Barnstormer - Willow was so excited on our first trip when she was tall enough for that ride. Amazing how fast they grow and change. *sigh*

I know, they just don't stay little.

Oh my! The ETwB experience was amazing! :lovestruc

It was wonderful!

Lunch Fit for a Beast​

When we got out of Enchanted Tales, we were in the perfect spot for our lunch plans: Be Our Guest! It was a little bit later than I had wanted to get in line, so the line was already quite long, but I knew that this was the only opportunity, and I didn’t want to miss eating in the Beast’s castle! So, we sucked it up and got in line.

Oh, I should also mention that at this time, my MIL’s sister Crystal joined up with us. She lives in Florida, so she took a day off to meet up with us at the Magic Kingdom. I had never met this particular aunt of my husband’s, so it was nice to put a face to a name. My kids adored her, and it was cool that MIL could hang out with her sister in Disney!

So anyway, we waited in line for lunch. We were all really hungry at this point, even though it was still fairly early (about 10:30), so it wasn’t the most pleasant of waits. Honestly, this was by FAR the longest line we stood in during the entire vacation, at about 45 minutes. I’m pretty proud of that, hahaha.

I didn’t take any pictures because I was holding a very wiggly Gigs, and then trying to keep track of him when we got further up the line and decided to hide behind the gargoyles. One thing that was nice is that they pass out the menus all the way back in the line, so you can decide on your order before you get to the front.

Once we got inside, the whole family perked up a little. I was the only one who really knew what to expect, so everyone else was wondering why we were waiting so long for food. After going in, and walking past the talking suits of armor, everyone started getting more excited!

We placed our orders, and headed into the ballroom to sit. It was hard to find a table to fit all eight of us, but I managed to snag one right after it got cleared. It was at this point when we had our only scary moment of the trip: Becca wasn’t with us. One minute she was there, the next minute she was gone! :scared1:

Be and I managed to stay calm, and I said I would stay at the table with Bethany and Greg, while he went to look for her. It was only a minute or two when he came back with her. Apparently she had been so engrossed in the details of the room where we ordered that she didn’t realize we were moving on. Scary.

It was a bit of work getting everyone situated with their food and gathering silverware, etc. Once we were finally settled, however, we had a wonderful meal!

53jk1e.jpg

I had the croque monsieur, which was very yummy. Ben had the braised pork, which he loved. The kids had the turkey sandwich and grilled cheese with tomato soup. They were plenty happy with their meals, but were eyeing our cupcakes more than anything!

5wmrmc.jpg

wunr4w.jpg

I had the Master’s cupcake and Ben had the triple chocolate cupcake. We shared with the kids, and everyone was nicely satisfied. Then we took a little tour of the other rooms. I’m sorry for so few pictures. Ben was holding the camera at this point since I was dealing with a wild toddler.

Be Our Guest is absolutely beautiful! Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite Disney movie, so it was awesome to step right inside the story. We really loved lunch, and I don’t really feel the need to try for a dinner ADR. I would like to have lunch there on our next trip and try to sit in the West Wing, as we didn’t get to see the portrait change.

Lunch took quite a while, so by the time we were finished, it was time to use our FP+ for Under the Sea! The only issue was that we now had an extra member in our party. This was an easy one to solve, since we had luckily already gotten to ride it once in the morning. I took off my Magic Band, handed it to Crystal, and told everyone I would meet them back at the strollers. Then I took a lovely solo stroll over to the bathrooms in Storybook Circus. LOL…when you have small children, even a potty break without company feels like a mini vacation! I enjoyed my few minutes of solitude in New Fantasyland, and made it back just a few minutes before my family came out of the ride. The girls, of course, were all smiles. It was a favorite ride of the trip for sure!

The need for a nap was looming near, but there were a few more things that we wanted to accomplish first! We headed over to the older part of Fantasyland, and got in line for It’s a Small World. The busy day was catching up to Gigs, especially now that he had a nice, full belly. While we were still in the queue, I looked up to see this:

k9yk48.jpg

ws5uon.jpg

He was knocked out cold through the whole ride, but everyone else enjoyed it!

2na5ul0.jpg

From there, we went over to Mickey’s Philharmagic, where the doors open automagically towards you!

dhbijc.jpg

This was a really fun show to watch with the kids. So much fun, with great music. Gigs woke up when we sat down, and he was totally into it as well!

When the show was over, we were going to head out of the park, but Bethany was begging for another ride, and we saw on the wait times app that Haunted Mansion was just a 10 minute wait. So, we made the short walk over to Liberty Square and paid a visit to the 999 happy haunts!

I had been looking forward to this attraction, and it did not disappoint. I wasn’t entirely sure how the kids would react to the stretching room, but they did fine. Ben and I rode with Gigs. I believe Becca rode with Grandpa, and Bethany rode with Crystal and Grandma, but it could be the other way around.
The girls seemed to enjoy the ride, and said it was fun, but later in the trip they turned down the opportunity to ride again, saying that it *might* have been a little scary. Ben and I LOVED it, though, and immediately declared that we would need to ride again later.

With that, it really was time to go. All of the kids needed a nap, and it had to happen soon so they could get enough rest before our dinner ADR. Grandma and Grandpa opted to stay at the park, since Crystal was just there for one day. So they stayed behind to have some kid-free time. Ben and I took all three umbrella strollers between the two of us (a struggle), and made our way back to the bus stop. While there, we asked the kids if they were having fun:

d4g9k.jpg

2mpzc6o.jpg

Yep, definitely naptime. :rotfl2:

So that’s exactly what we did:

fygzcy.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter