‘The Princess and the Frog’ riverboat show

Bella Rose

Mouseketeer
Disneyland and Walt Disney World plan to add a Mardi Gras-style musical cavalcade called Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee for the 2009 holiday season, according to theme park officials.

The jazz-infused “riverboat extravaganza” will debut at Disney World on Oct. 26 and Disneyland on Nov. 6. Both shows will run through Jan. 3.

link to full article

sounds cute, and I'll actually be there during that time :)

yeah unfortunately i'm not sure where he got the idea it'll be at WDW. Al Lutz doesn't mention it and neither did I when I reported it. they're actively casting for Disneyland only.

they are casting for meet & greets at WDW too, but no mention of the jubilee at WDW.

I wish there WAS something at WDW for this movie when we go in November.

I am really looking forward to this movie. Theming, storyline, beautiful animation. LOVE New Orleans. And the voodoo villain in the previews reminds me of the voodoo guy in Bond's Live and Let Die.

But there isn't anywhere you really can board a boat at WDW and greet the characters. They'd probably tack it onto Fantasmic at WDW.

Does anyone know anymore about this? Because now there is another thread talking about it. Even if there isn't a show, hopefully I will at least be able to catch her at the meet and greet while I'm there.

yes, as I said above, there WILL be a meet & greet for Tiana, Naveen, Dr. Facilier and maybe more.

I just don't believe they're doing the whole riverboat thing as they are in Disneyland. I could be wrong though.

I hope they do it at WDW. I don't see why they wouldn't. This is the first real princess since Belle, so it should be BIG!

a couple actually. Jasmine also came after Belle.

and Mulan, but I decided to not go there.

BOTH coasts -- DL and WDW -- will have a riverboat show for Princess and the Frog. The one at WDW actually opens earlier than the one DL, which is why you don't see a lot of audition announcements for the WDW version. They've already done a lot of their casting. Both coasts are also planning meet & greets wiith Tiana & Naveen. At WDW, it'll be back behind Liberty Square; in DL it will be in the New Orleans Square area.

:earsboy:

BOTH coasts -- DL and WDW -- will have a riverboat show for Princess and the Frog. The one at WDW actually opens earlier than the one DL, which is why you don't see a lot of audition announcements for the WDW version. They've already done a lot of their casting. Both coasts are also planning meet & greets wiith Tiana & Naveen. At WDW, it'll be back behind Liberty Square; in DL it will be in the New Orleans Square area.

:thumbsup2I was so glad when I heard about the show that it will incorporate the Liberty Belle.I have always thought the Liberty Belle should have some sort of daily "show".How will the Park Guests be selected.Thanks!:)

:thumbsup2I was so glad when I heard about the show that it will incorporate the Liberty Belle.I have always thought the Liberty Belle should have some sort of daily "show".How will the Park Guests be selected.Thanks!:)
From what I understand, it will be done the same way they choose Guests to participate in the Jammin' Jungle parade. There will be CMs rounding up people in the area to participate.

From what I understand, it will be done the same way they choose Guests to participate in the Jammin' Jungle parade. There will be CMs rounding up people in the area to participate.

Thanks!:)Will selected Guests be allowed to ride the Liberty Belle for the shows or will they have to disembark befoer she leaves the dock?thanks.:)

Thanks!:)Will selected Guests be allowed to ride the Liberty Belle for the shows or will they have to disembark befoer she leaves the dock?thanks.:)
They will actually be part OF the show -- performing on the riverboat with the cast. After the show, the Guests who have participated will have a special meet & greet with Tiana and Naveen.

They will actually be part OF the show -- performing on the riverboat with the cast. After the show, the Guests who have participated will have a special meet & greet with Tiana and Naveen.

WOW!:)I think this will be a much sought after experience for Guests.Is this the first time a daily(not MNSSHP,etc.) show has taken place on the Liberty Belle?Thanks!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter