Zumba!

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
I am totally hooked on Zumba! The YMCA down the street from me is offering it and I can't get enough. I have never had so much fun doing cardio/toning in my life. Are there any other Zumba lovers here?:cool1:

I'm taking my first class on Thurs. Can't wait!! I'm just worried about not being able to keep up or not getting the moves. How hard is it?

It's pretty easy to follow. The first few times you have to think about some of the steps and watch. You will love the music, it is so much fun. You don't even realize your working out!

I am completely OBSESSED with Zumba!!! :cool1: It is the most awesome workout ever, because for me it burns the most calories, and it's the most FUN! The time absolutely FLIES and you don't even know it. It's like you're at a party for an hour.
party:

On that note, I was supposed to go tomorrow morning but now I can't! WAHHH!!!! Oh well, I went yesterday and today, so I guess it's all good.
:thumbsup2

I took my first Zumba class last month and have become completely addicted. It's the first excercise that I absolutely love!

Unfortunately with my schedule there are only two classes at my gym that I can take. All the other times are during the afternoons when I'm at work.:headache: The classes are so popular at my gym that they are the only non-spinning classes that you have to register for the day before. I'm never happy dragging my lazy butt up at 4:45 am so I can be on the phone at 5am when the gym opens to get a spot. If you don't get in by 5:30 forget about it! All the Zumbaholics have filled the class.:rotfl: They really need more classes.

I've actually been toying with the idea of getting certified to teach. I don't know if I would ever be brave enough to teach a class, but I'd love to go just for the chance to take classes with the master instructors.

I've actually been toying with the idea of getting certified to teach. I don't know if I would ever be brave enough to teach a class, but I'd love to go just for the chance to take classes with the master instructors.

Next week I am taking a master class with Tanya Beardsley! I cannot WAIT! :banana:

I too want to get certified...in fact they're having a certification class IN MY GYM, with TANYA instructing (could it get any better?) in 3 weeks. But guess what? I'll be on a cruise!!!!!!!!!!! :scared::scared::scared: Not that I am not excited about my cruise, but come on....here's a certification class in my OWN BACKYARD and I can't even go! :guilty:

Next week I am taking a master class with Tanya Beardsley! I cannot WAIT! :banana:

I too want to get certified...in fact they're having a certification class IN MY GYM, with TANYA instructing (could it get any better?) in 3 weeks. But guess what? I'll be on a cruise!!!!!!!!!!! :scared::scared::scared: Not that I am not excited about my cruise, but come on....here's a certification class in my OWN BACKYARD and I can't even go! :guilty:

I am so completely jealous. I love so much of her choreography! My usual instructor told us she uses alot of Beto's moves, but my other instructor uses a lot of Tanya's. Those are the ones that kick my butt in a good way. Both are fantastic though.

I went on Zumba's site to find out what exactly this was. I still can't get a clear idea...so what is Zumba? Is it like dancing? Do you feel the effects of the workout the day after? Does it tone you up? :confused3 Thanks!

Zumba is a fantastic aerobic workout that feels much more like a great dance party than your typical aerobic workout. It's dance based with great salsa, samba, reggae and other international moves. It burns a ton of calories! I find it doesn't feel at all like exercise to me and I actually look forward to going. I've only been going for about a month or so now so I haven't noticed any toning yet, but all the hip and stomach moves have to be doing some good.

I prefer the classes at my local gym. I bought the dvd set from their website recently so I could do it on the days there are no classes going on at the gym. They are still good, but I don't push myself as hard when I'm by myself. I also need to start doing it in the kitchen because I nearly wretched out my knee on the carpet with my running shoes.

I just did a Master Class with Tanya Beardsley last night at Princeton University. It was a TOTAL BLAST!!! :banana:

I'm so jealous!! Glad to hear that it was great. I've heard such great things about her from one of my usual instructors.

It was soooo fun! She even called me up on stage to do a dance with her.

I'm in the blue shirt....it was such an awesome time! :)

504448300_NRsct-M.jpg

That's very cool!! It must have been fun to get called up on the stage.

I went to my Saturday morning Zumba class today and found out that my favorite instructor had given her 2 week notice. I was so disappointed. We had a sub today. She was good - her class had more of a hip hop edge to it. I'm not sure if she is going to be doing it permanently or not. I hope so! I'll be so disappointed if I have to give up the class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!