Zumba Shoes?

robinb

DIS veteran
I tried Zumba for the first time this week. It was fun and I think I want to do it some more. The biggest problem I had (other than my complete lack of coordination) was that my shoes were "sticky". My "gym" shoes are a pair of Avia running shoes and every time I would try to pivot or slide they would stick solid. Can anyone suggest a specific pair or type of shoes that will allow me to move on the floor easier? Do they even make "aerobic shoes" anymore? Oh ... and I really don't want to spend more than $40 on a specialty pair of shoes for an activity that I may not continue.

I have been doing Zumba for over 3 years now, and it really is tricky to find the right kind of shoe. You said that you were sticking to the floor, was anyone else having the same problem? I know that at certain times of year for our class, the floor gets sticky, so it's really the floor's fault, not the shoes!

I usually wear some kind of Nike cross trainers, I just found a gray pair on zappos on clearance and they are working great for me this time! In the past I have used Nike running shoes too but they wear out pretty fast, at least with the way I do Zumba (I kill it in there every week lol!)

I would say to try it again in the shoes you wore, and ask around if anyone else feels that the floor is sticky, it could be the room and the floor :)

Hope this helps!! And stick with Zumba, it's totally fun and is great cardio :)

I was just thinking about this LOL. I didn't like wearing my running shoes either. When I wore my pumas it was great until I needed more solid footing like for balance stretches. Anyway, I prefer my pumas. They aren't running but something in between?! Lol

I have some Nike musique shoes which were sold to me as aerobic dancing shoes. They have this circle in the middle called a spinner that makes it easier to turn around. I used to do it in my running shoes but I kept sticking. I've heard good things about dance shoes too.

I know what you mean by "sticking". It is really hard to do some of the turns because of the rubber on the bottom of running shoes. There are a few companies that make dancing sneakers: Nike and Sketchers both do. Be careful if you do continue to wear your running sneakers. My friend hurt her knee trying to turn into a move because her foot got stuck :-(

Oh! I forgot to come back and update this thread :). I bought a pair of Capezio canvas dance sneakers for about $65 at my DD's dance studio. I wear an 8 1/2 and bought a size 9. I could have saved some money and bought them online, but I like the studio and was OK paying a bit more to support a local business. I'll be wearing them tonight for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter