Zucchini Bread!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Any favorite recipe?

I have 2..., one with raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg are the spices...that's my favorite......the other has nuts and sour cream, to me it's bland. Both use oil.

However so far, I've made 8 loaves of each, and would like a change.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I have a family recipe that I make- don't think there's anything 'special' about it though :)

3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 c flour
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 c chopped zucchini
2 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp all spice.

Mix all ingredients in a blender.

Separately mix:
1 c chopped nuts
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Add half of the nut mixture to zucchini mixture.
Pour zucchini mixture into 2 greased loaf pans. Pour remaining nut mixture on top.

Bake at 350 for 60 mins.

No recipe, but a great hint on how to get the moistest bread ever!

IMMEDIATELY after you take the bread out of the oven, take it out of the pan and set it on a piece of wax paper. Double wrap in plastic wrap. Let it sit until cool.

The bread will be so moist and delicious! This was a hint I learned while working in a bakery during high school. To this day, I have people ask me for my recipe. When they compare it to theirs, it is pretty much the same. Then I tell them my hint.

:thumbsup2

This is my aunt's recipe, we love it:

Zucchini Bread

2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups zucchini, grated (unpeeled)

Cream sugar, shortening, and eggs. Add vanilla. Blend dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add zucchini. Bake in 3 well greased loaf pans for 1 hour at 350.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!