Zooper Twist

ERMama

Disney here we come!
Yes another stroller thread. But this is just informational for maybe those parents still debating the whole stroller issue.
We decided to buy a decent stroller that could hold up to 55 lbs so that our will be 3.5 yo could use it for WDW (then pass on to baby sis). We decided owning something vs. just renting and having a stroller for outside the park would be better for us (we are also bringing our pliko p3). I figured renting would cost us about $100-180 so that was my spending limit. I am willing to pay a bit more because we do have an infant at home yet who will get more use out of the stroller (and I know I can resell a quality stroller for decent money too).

I looked at the local baby stores. The Graco Ipo was pretty nice for only $80. Mac Volo was fine but I wanted one that reclined a bit (did NOT have to lay flat though). Based on reviews here I was really leaning towards the Quest or Triumph which I tried in the stores and thought were nice.
Then I found the Zooper Twist online but couldnt find it at the stores here. On paper it sounded perfect so I took a chance and ordered it. Got here this week and thought I would come here and rave about. (we dont go to WDW until Aug but heres my "at home" review).
I got it for about $180 including shipping. It holds up to 55 lbs. Its lightweight. It does not have a child or parent tray. It does have a detachable cup holder which holds a can of soda or up to a 17 oz bottle. It has a small mesh bag that hangs from the side of one of the handles (I could see putting small toys/keys/or another bottled water with cap in here).
It pushed fabulous even with my 42 lb 7 yo. It does not have a totally flat recline but enough for napping and has 4 position seat. The seat is wide and deep. Both my sons (3&7) were able to comfortably sit and have the seat support most of their thighs. Both able to rest their feet on the footrest and NOT touch the wheels (we had that problem trying out the combi's). The footrest extends and gives firm support to my baby girls legs. My 3 yo has actually been pushing it into the living room to use as a chair to watch tv he likes it that much.
The fabric is great. The 5 pt harness is nice (i prefer it over my pliko p3 harness) as the straps are nice and wide and comfy. I was able to quickly secure my 9 mo in it and she loves it.
The canopy on the Twist makes everything on a Mac look like a joke. The Twist canopy has FULL coverage. You can even quick zip open another part of the canopy to extend even MORE. PLUS the part of canopy covering the back of the seat zips off to expose just mesh if you want more ventilation.
Theres a pocket on the canopy and a zip pocket (this would fit a wallet or other small items).
It says it can hold up to 7 lbs on the handles without child without tipping over. Well, it CAN! I thought my leather diaper bag was heavy but was only 5 lbs. This included full bottle, diapers, full wipes case, spare outfit, 3 baby toys, my wallet, and my "makeup" bag. I hung it on the empty stroller and it stayed put, NO tipping. Yeah!
Fold is super fast umbrella fold and it auto latches and has a carry handle.

On top of that it includes a foot muff (for cooler weather), RAIN COVER AND UV COVER. All easily snap on. The rain cover and uv cover come in a flat bag together that can be hung/buckled onto the handles.

I really have no complaints about this stroller so far. The kids love it, it pushes great, has all the things we need. Should be perfect.

(so theres just another option besides a maclaren).
I do have photos of my 9mo and 3 yo (34lbs and about 40 inches) so could email those if someone wants them. I cant post photos.

And just to add...
In the manual with the stroller it said only held 40 lbs (but photos of stroller appeared to be an older model). I emailed zooper to clarify as their webpage says 55 lbs. Within 24 hrs I got an email response apologizing for the confusion, that it was an older model manual that is going out with some new 2008 that they did not catch the error and it IS 55 lbs.
Pretty good customer service I thought.

Sounds like stroller nirvana! Glad you found something that fits the bill for your family so well. I just got the P3 and am very happy with it too (especially the large canopy). Hope you have a great Disney trip!

i would say the mac quest was maybe a bit smoother but all the features on the twist made it a better stroller for me.

i didnt see the mac push as that superior.

who did you order your twist from? I have decided to order it, but cant decide from where. tia

i got mine at a moms day sale from strollerdepot. they arent on sale anymore though. :(

they are 189 and then free shipping is the cheapest I could find. strollerdepot.com has the hula for 179

I don't have the new model - mine's either the 06 or 07 version (not quite sure which), but I have to say I wouldn't buy this stroller again if I given the choice between it and a Mac Triumph.
We took the Zooper Twist to WDW last May before we ever owned a Mac. Returned from the trip and I found a Triumph for a great price so I bought it, despite being quite content with the Twist. Well, let me tell you - got the Mac and there's really just no comparison between it and the Zooper when it comes to maneuverability/one-hand steering. I can't steer my Zooper without using both hands - and, in general, the Zooper just doesn't handle as well. DS(31 lbs) feels as light as a feather in the Mac - not the case in the Twist. One other thing, I found that I often kick the wheels on my Twist and never do on the Triumph.
My DH didn't want me to buy the Triumph (why would we need another umbrella stroller - the Twist works fine!?!?) but he soon grew accustomed to how easy it was to push around. About a month or so after using the Mac we ended up trying the Zooper Twist again and DH finally understood why I had wanted a Mac for so long. He said there's just no comparison - the Mac wins hands-down!
I should note that I also have a Zooper Waltz and loved it when DS was an infant. Zoopers are high-quality and their CS has always been top-notch IME. I also loved all the "extras" that the Zoopers come with but in all honesty, the only one we ever used was the rain shield - and the Mac Triumph came with one of those too.
Just MHO on these two strollers. If given the choice, I would get a Mac over a Twist. Others may feel differently - maybe the newer Twists perform differently than mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter