ZoomBrowswer EX--Can you help?

meliss8599

DIS Veteran
I was in the process of editing some photos and now whenever I want to edit one, a grey screen pops up saying, "No Preview Available." I have no idea if I clicked on something wrong or what but nothing I do is allowing me to view the images in a format in which I can edit them.

I read through the owner's manual, including the section on troubleshooting, and can't seem to find a solution. Any ZoomBrowser EX whiz's care to help me figure this out? Thanks in advance!

I've encountered this problem at times as well, but usually only when I shoot in the RAW format with my Rebel XTi. I think part of the time, it is due to the size of the RAW files. Other time may be due to my clicking to get to the next shot. I normally close the window and start again, and do not have the same problem.

Good luck!

You're correct with regards to shooting in the RAW format but I don't think that's the case here b/c I was looking at/editing the same photos earlier in the afternoon and it was working fine. Ugh.

I tried searching the Internet to no avail either. Does anyone have a phone number to a help service for ZoomBrowser? Maybe I'll check the Canon website as well.

Ok, this may not be the answer that you were hoping for, but zoombrowser is the utility that comes with the camera that allows you to pull the pictures off the camera do some basic manipulation, correct?

I've had two Canons that (I believe) that software came with. I stopped using it because

1) Somehow the software lost some pictures that were taken off the camera but not copied into my library. The second time this happened I was really really unhappy. We took a lot of pictures, so I used the software often enough that it wasn't user error. I switched to just using a card reader and copying directly off the card to avoid losing pictures again.

2) The more pictures that you get in zoombrowser, the slower it got. Seems counter intuitive IMHO, but that's my experience. I used Adobe Photoshop Album but kinda moved away from that when I started posting my pictures on the internet. You can check it out here: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html

My dad uses it and he really likes it - it's also got basic photo editing capabilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter