• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zoo Vs. WAP

jeffreynmichelle

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked...so if it has, I apologize....which is better to take a 2-year-old to? I've seen that WAP has a lot of walking, we'll have a stroller so that shouldn't matter much & we'll be going in September so the temps should be better. We've never been to either the SD Zoo or the WAP...just wanting to get some opinions. :confused3

Thanks!!

We have not been to either place in many years. But, I do remember a LOT of walking at both spots ... and thinking that I would choose Sea World over either of those.

If you aren't already doing Sea World on this trip, you might consider that instead.

I'm sure this has been asked...so if it has, I apologize....which is better to take a 2-year-old to? I've seen that WAP has a lot of walking, we'll have a stroller so that shouldn't matter much & we'll be going in September so the temps should be better. We've never been to either the SD Zoo or the WAP...just wanting to get some opinions. :confused3

Thanks!!

Hey! I am in Kansas also. We are going to San Diego next June (not doing Disney). I just bought our airline tickets and plan to do the 3 park ticket for Sea World, Zoo and WAP.

We have not been to either place in many years. But, I do remember a LOT of walking at both spots ... and thinking that I would choose Sea World over either of those.

If you aren't already doing Sea World on this trip, you might consider that instead.

That's funny....my husband and I just started talking today about going to Sea World! :) We went to the San Antonio Sea World last year & were not too impressed....of course we had to deal with over 100 degree temps & it was at the end of our trip, too. Thanks for your imput, now we have to decide between the 3 (WAP, Zoo & Sea World). We're already going to DL, CA, & Legoland....goodness we're going to be busy! :) Thanks again!

Hey! I am in Kansas also. We are going to San Diego next June (not doing Disney). I just bought our airline tickets and plan to do the 3 park ticket for Sea World, Zoo and WAP.

Hey there! Where abouts do you live? We live in the KC area just 5 minutes South of the Speedway. :)

Hope you have fun next year! We're staying with family for a week, they have 2 family members who work for Disney, so we get in free!! Then we're spending 2 days in San Diego...we've been a couple times before, but this will be the first for our DD! :) Can't hardly wait!! :banana:

If you haven't been to either the Zoo or the WAP I would recommend the Zoo, just because I think there's a wider variety of interesting things to do there, and for the most part you can get closer to the animals than you can at the WAP. The Zoo also has the Children's Zoo, which has exhibits expressly geared to appeal to kids.

We live in SO Cal and go to both. I think that the zoo has much more walking than the WAP. In fact the zoo has so many hills, that a day there will wipe you out. I also think the theaming at WAP is much better. It is much more like Animal Kingdom than a zoo. If you like all your animals in cages go to the zoo, if you like to see them in a more natural setting, go to the WAP. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter