Zone anyone?

LBAK

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>The girl at ou
Is anyone doing the Zone Diet? If so is it hard to prepare food for? It makes a lot of sense to me but I need something fairly easy to prepare as I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Also has it been successful for you? Thanks.

When I did do the Zone diet (very similar to South beach but more portion controlled), it worked really well. BUT it's kind of complicated. You need to measure things to get the full benefit. Plus you need to monitor yourself to see that your Carb/Protein/Fat breakdown is adequate. Some people need more carbs to protein, and some less. I was having trouble finding the right balance. But once you get into it it works really well. My problem is it's not something I've been able to get into long term, and that's not the best thing for weight loss.

I recommend getting one of Barry Sears books. They really explain the science behind it.

As far as food, I don't think it was hard to prepare (meats, veggies, salads, berries, etc), but it did take a lot of planning.

aorry but lbak i cant pm you so did you get me my vmk pirate stuff? i am just wondering and how was disney world please pm me lbak with the codes if you got them bye!

I lost 38 pounds 2 years ago on the Zone. I felt great on it but it was sort of complicated. I don't follow it faithfully anymore just breakfast. I still have kept off the 38 pounds I lost. I decided to follow the Glycemic Index Diet recommendations about a week ago. I found it on the internet last week. It stopped all of my food cravings just like the Zone did and it's much easier to follow. I just bought the "Low GI Diet Revolution" book by Dr Jennie Brand-Miller today so we'll see how I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter