Zippitydoodah! Back to the Fort in August 2012

gillenkl

DIS Veteran
Might not be a big deal to most, but DH said he was all disney-ed out :confused3 after our June trip and didn't want to go back in 2012. The tides have changed and now he's back on board with 10 days in August 2012. Made the ressies tonight: 10 days Preferred site $635 with AAA discount (room only/no tickets). Right now we have planned SeaWorld, Daytona Speedway and Kennedy Space Center - no disney parks. Never done a trip without the parks so I'm not sure how I'll feel about it once we get there. I know there will still be plenty to keep us busy.

Does anyone know how far in advance I need to rent a cart from Kenny?

Congratulations on your trip ! August will be here before you know it.

Good for you gillenkl:cheer2:

We've done park free trips before and it sounds like you have enough planned to keep you busy.

You've also got time to plan your trip report for us.

Denise wiill want pictures.

Frank will ask how the fishing is.

Ed (me) will ask for picture of the spanish moss in the tres around the Meadow TP.

Really, congrats. :dance3:

Bama ed

Congrats! I'll be there in Aug. too. 1st trip.

Enjoy your non-disney trip! :cool1:

How do you get the AAA discount? Through AAA or book right through Disney? We are also planning August 2012. Can't wait.

How do you get the AAA discount? Through AAA or book right through Disney? We are also planning August 2012. Can't wait.

You can do it either way - I booked directly thru disney and just asked for the AAA discount on room only (they had discounts for preferred and believe fullhookup sites). I did this because I want to pay for the trip with disney gift cards and you can't do that if you book thru AAA - but if you use AAA you do get some other perks like a parking pass, etc... I think AAA requires a $200 deposit and disney is one nights rate. Also, if you aren't locked into camping I got a big AAA promo pack in the mail today for values, mods and deluxes - includes a perk of $50-100 visa GC if you book thru them in October. I didn't really read the fine print because campsites aren't included.

...I booked directly thru disney and just asked for the AAA discount on room only (they had discounts for preferred and believe fullhookup sites)...

I'm curious to know if you had to give your AAA card/member info when you did this, or do they collect that at check-in, or...?

I like to make reservations as soon as I'm able, 499 days out, but I don't want to have to pay/maintain 2 years worth of AAA membership in order to give them that info when I make the ressie.

I'm curious to know if you had to give your AAA card/member info when you did this, or do they collect that at check-in, or...?

I like to make reservations as soon as I'm able, 499 days out, but I don't want to have to pay/maintain 2 years worth of AAA membership in order to give them that info when I make the ressie.

I did have to give them the AAA number and card expiration date. I saved about $140 on a preferred site for 10 days.

You can do it either way - I booked directly thru disney and just asked for the AAA discount on room only (they had discounts for preferred and believe fullhookup sites). I did this because I want to pay for the trip with disney gift cards and you can't do that if you book thru AAA - but if you use AAA you do get some other perks like a parking pass, etc... I think AAA requires a $200 deposit and disney is one nights rate. Also, if you aren't locked into camping I got a big AAA promo pack in the mail today for values, mods and deluxes - includes a perk of $50-100 visa GC if you book thru them in October. I didn't really read the fine print because campsites aren't included.

Thank you, I am going to book this weekend. I hope to book 3 sites. We all have AAA but do I need their #'s or can I book 3 with mine? I plan on paying all the down payments and they can pay off their own.

Thanks again,
joni :cheer2:

Thank you, I am going to book this weekend. I hope to book 3 sites. We all have AAA but do I need their #'s or can I book 3 with mine? I plan on paying all the down payments and they can pay off their own.

Thanks again,
joni :cheer2:

Sorry I can't help you as I've never booked multiple sites. I'd make a new post on these boards about "how to make a ressie on multiple sites with an AAA discount". They did ask me the names and ages of everyone on the site - and we all had to have the same ticket/meal plan. When you show up at disney, you have to show your AAA card for verification to get the discount - they will check that the card is still valid. Make a seperate post and I'm sure someone will know the answer as to how this is done. And remember there are limited sites that get the discount so don't wait too long.

Sorry I can't help you as I've never booked multiple sites. I'd make a new post on these boards about "how to make a ressie on multiple sites with an AAA discount". They did ask me the names and ages of everyone on the site - and we all had to have the same ticket/meal plan. When you show up at disney, you have to show your AAA card for verification to get the discount - they will check that the card is still valid. Make a seperate post and I'm sure someone will know the answer as to how this is done. And remember there are limited sites that get the discount so don't wait too long.

Thank you. I will just call first and see. No problem with the AAA cards. I have had AAA from 1992. Still pay for my girls memberships even though they are married. Love knowing they can get help quick if they get stranded.

Joni :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter