Ziplock steam bags

kimwim8

<font color=red>Won't admit to anything<br><font c
If you haven't tried them already....you MUST!! I used to lug out my big steamer & fill it with water, and wash all of the pieces when I was done....but NO MORE!!

These bags are truly awesome. They come in a pack of 10, in medium and large size (I don't think they had small, but I wouldn't need small so I didn't really look). I think I paid $2.50 or $2.99 at Target per pack.

There are micro times on the bags according to what type of food you're cooking in them. I've only used them for fresh veggies so far....but in 3 minutes I had cauliflower that was firm (not mushy) but well cooked and not water logged at all!

I know I sound like a commercial, but wanted to share with my fellow WISH-ers who might appreciate them as much as I do. :goodvibes

I've always wanted to try these! Thanks for the info! :)

I also love the zip and steam bags. So far all I've done are veggies but I know you can use them for fish. I especially like using them for corn on the cob in the summer. Also, just a tip, that you can rinse them out and re-use them!

I just put veggies in a shallow bowl and cover it with saran wrap. I leave a small hole to vent. If they are fresh veggies, I throw in a tablespoon of water. Frozen veggies have enough watter already. No need to buy fancy zip lock bags. ;) I haven't tried fish, though. I like my fish grilled or lightly fried with a very small amount of oil.

I also love the zip and steam bags. So far all I've done are veggies but I know you can use them for fish. I especially like using them for corn on the cob in the summer. Also, just a tip, that you can rinse them out and re-use them!

No way!!! I didn't know you could re-use them!! Thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter