Ziplining in Alaska

Disneynut64

DIS Veteran
We will be going on the Alaska cruise in May, looking for some input on the ziplining excursions, there are some in skagway and ketchikan. Did anyone do these our use an outside company. Thanks:thumbsup2

We will be going on the Alaska cruise in May, looking for some input on the ziplining excursions, there are some in skagway and ketchikan. Did anyone do these our use an outside company. Thanks:thumbsup2
I ziplined in Ketchikan back on 2011 and had an absolute blast!!! You got to where you were ziplining from treetop to treetop and were around 110 feet in the air at some points. I just did the excursion Disney offered. It was Alaska Canopy Adventures. Have fun!!

We're sailing in August and also plan to zipline. Long story short, we're zipping in Juneau through alaskazip (not sure if you can enter web addresses or not). While researching the company I visited their Facebook page, liked it, and saw a coupon code for 20% discount if booked by 4/15. They got great reviews on Trip Advisor so we booked them. (They offer the zip/glacier trip through DCL so I had to book the "traditional" zip only package to avoid contractual issues with DCL.) :goodvibes

I ziplined in Ketchikan back on 2011 and had an absolute blast!!! You got to where you were ziplining from treetop to treetop and were around 110 feet in the air at some points. I just did the excursion Disney offered. It was Alaska Canopy Adventures. Have fun!!

My DD and I are signed up for this in May for our cruise. Can't wait. Sounds great!

We zip lined in Skagway through Alaska Excursions, formerly Grizzly Falls Ziplining Expedition. They are the same one Disney uses, but let us book directly with them (only for the first or last excursion of the day). Even made an exception on my DD's age (3-weeks shy) because she met the height and weight limit with ease.

I communicated with them before to be sure. I was also comfortable that she would be okay as she has done it in St Maarten and on her line in our backyard. We had a blast and the guides were wonderful!!! They were good talking to DH and I, the teens and keeping the little one entertained and flying high. I think she took every single line upside down. The scenery is also beautiful. Dress in layers and even if cool, go lightweight. We warmed up quick.

DH did a Rainbow Canopy and Ziplining DCL excursion in Juneau in 2011. He said he had six people in his group, and they went to a deserted gold mine turned zip line field. They climbed up a steep flight of stairs to one of 8 or 10 zip lines. They got a safety lesson, some tips on zip lining (do a cannon ball pose - it allows you to swing more on the zip line), and a helmet and gloves. And off they went! They took pictures of everyone ziplining - available for an additional charge, of course! :) He said it was scary but awesome and he is so glad he did it - one of the highlights of the cruise for him.

We did one of the Zip Line excursions in Ketchakan a few years ago (through DCL) - I don't remember if it was the "bear" one or the other (they are both at the same location). It was a blast - we wished that we could have done "both sides".

Eat Sleep Zip!

Thanks for the input everyone. I am trying to finalize our trip details, and can't settle on which zipline to do. What makes it even more challenging is that my almost 10 year old is too light for most of the ziplines, but we all want to go together. I am torn between Grizzly Falls in Skagway and the 2 Juneau ziplines. Any advice from anyone. We have 4 kids traveling with us, ages 9, 16, 19 and 22. So we have to be exciting for the teens too. Thanks!

Will you be staying on in Vancouver? You could go zip lining in whistler. It's unbelievable!

If you are spending a couples days in BC before or after the cruise it is hard to beat the zip lining in Whistler.

http://www.ziptrek.com/whistler-canada

Heck, it is hard to beat a day trip to Whistler. The drive on the sea-to-sky highway is awesome and Whistler is a really cool town.

I completely agree!!!! We did that on our last Alaska trip! We spent 2 nights in Whistler and my kids AND DH agree it is their favorite place! We did the Monkido adventure course! It was the most amazing, scary, exhilarating thing our family has ever done! We won't have enough time to get to Whistler on this trip though. :(

http://www.wildplay.com/parks/booknow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter