Zip lining...what handbag?

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
I'm planning to zip line and I see they recommend sunscreen, water and sunglasses. In all the videos I do not see any women with a purse or a handbag...I was wondering if they hold it for you? Are you allowed to carry a small cross body bag or backpack?

Thanks

I would leave my water and sunscreen on the bus, wear the shades, and keep my KTTW card in a sock, zippered pocket, or my bra.

I would leave my water and sunscreen on the bus, wear the shades, and keep my KTTW card in a sock, zippered pocket, or my bra.

Ah yes! I have one of those wristband wallets...That would be a handy (pun intended) solution! ;)

On the St. Thomas zipline, I used an old school fanny pack that held a disposable camera, my phone and a couple credit cards. I was able to wear it the whole time on the course with no problem. I think they may also have had small lockers where you check in to get the equipment.

I have found it depends on the zipline operator you are dealing with. In St Thomas, I used my camera case and attached it to me with a big caliper clip and a strap. It held my camera, key card, ID, credit card, and some cash along with my small camera. They provided us with sleeves for water bottles that they attached to our zipline harnesses. We used plenty of sunscreen before we left the ship which worked fine for us. I believe they also have somewhere you can lock things up if you need to.

Most places we have been ziplining do allow you to take a small bag as long as it is firmly attached to you. Remember, if you drop something, you may never see it again! Pockets that zip or button securely closed can also be a good way to bring the essentials with you. However, we have found some tour operators that do not let you bring much of anything with you. Those places pretty much always do provide secure locker space for you to leave your belongings. We went to Fly High ziplines in Cozumel on our last cruise and they were one of the places that didn't let us bring anything, but our things 8were safe in the lockers. We did keep our ID's, money, etc in our pockets there and had a great time on their ziplines! We loved Tree Limin in St Thomas, too!

I wrote to the company directly and received this prompt reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Tree Limin' Extreme. You can zip with your backpack or sling bag and we do have locker rentals for $5 if you don't want to zip with your purse. You will be provided with a water coozie that will be attached to your harness, it keeps your water cool. The lighter you travel the better.

Kind regards,

I wrote to the company directly and received this prompt reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Tree Limin' Extreme. You can zip with your backpack or sling bag and we do have locker rentals for $5 if you don't want to zip with your purse. You will be provided with a water coozie that will be attached to your harness, it keeps your water cool. The lighter you travel the better.

Kind regards,
You will have a great time at Tree Limin'! Be sure to bring a camera. The views are amazing! DH &I took turns using out own camera taking both stills and video of each other as we zipped. Just be sure you have it securely strapped on to you so it can't be dropped. You can also rent a GoPro from them to use during your tour. They mount to yoir helmet and you get the memory card to take home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter