Zip lining on Kauai or Maui

KDG

K Sorcerer Mickey
Has anyone ever been zip lining on either of these two islands? If you could share your experience it would be appreciated. Looking for a good company, safety record and price. None of our party has ever been zip lining.

Sorry, this pertains to excursions on the 10 day Hawaii cruise on the Wonder.

I was in Maui last week and we ziplined with Maui Zipline Company at the Maui Tropical Plantation. The plantation itself was beautiful with a great restaurant, a good shop, and lots of ducks and wildlife. You can take a little tram tour of the plantation as well. The zipline was great for first timers and kids. It was only 5 lines. My 8 year old loved it. Great staff with attention to safety. It is not the tallest or most impressive zipline I have seen but we enjoyed it and liked the plantation generally. Price about $130 per person and it sold out each day we were there (we had to check a few times)

In Kauai, we did Koloa Zip Line, bur we were there for a land based vacation, not a cruise. We picked that one because it had a tandem option where my 7 year old could essentially be my backpack, but she also had her own pulley to hang onto as well. Tons of lines, maybe 8 if I recall correctly, with the last one being 1/2 mile long. They also allow for nontraditional zipping, such as Superman style or even upside down (which my older daughter and husband dared to do). This was my first zip line experience and it was awesome. I felt safe the entire time, but believe me, it was heart-pounding...and my 7 year old still talks about how awesome it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter