Zinger by Crossroads?

lulu2

DIS Veteran
I've never visited the camping forum, so please allow me at ask a question. We are thinking of upgrading our expandable travel trailer. We are looking at a 26 foot bunkhouse, Zinger. It seems very nice but we know very little about campers. So, anyone here have any great wisdom? Thanks much!

I've not had a Zinger but read many good things about them. Go to www.rv.net and do a search in the "travel trailer" forum.

We used to have a comparable brand; a Palomino Puma. Look into them as well if you have a local dealer. Have fun shoppin'.

I can't offer you any answers to the questions you ask, but I can say....

:welcome:.....to the camping forum! I'm sure others will pipe up and offer their wisdom to you!

I've never visited the camping forum, so please allow me at ask a question. We are thinking of upgrading our expandable travel trailer. We are looking at a 26 foot bunkhouse, Zinger. It seems very nice but we know very little about campers. So, anyone here have any great wisdom? Thanks much!

Don't know too much about that brand, but a 26 foot trailer should be a good size! Anything in particular you want to know? Just about the trailer or about the combination with your tow vehicle?

Also - Welcome to the Fort boards!

I don't have personal experience with a Zinger, but Crossroads seems to have a decent reputation as a manufacturer, and Zinger does offer some really neat floorplans and a lot of bang for the buck. As stated previously, search Zinger on RV.net and you'll get lots of opinions.

Now, get that new TT and go to the Fort!

I don't have personal experience with a Zinger, but Crossroads seems to have a decent reputation as a manufacturer, and Zinger does offer some really neat floorplans and a lot of bang for the buck. As stated previously, search Zinger on RV.net and you'll get lots of opinions.

Now, get that new TT and go to the Fort!

DITTO on what Dave said,,and dont forget to put yer fish'n poles in that new camper when ya get it.

Well, this is a lively bunch! My husband has the towing thing all ready to go, he has a "big truck". We are just really excited, as you can see we live in WI so we won't even use it for another 3 months:sad1:. But, soon it will be at our house and we can admire it everyday!

And my DD and DH will put in fishing poles right away. We have even talked about where they will go.

Upgrading from our expandable is wonderful, the storage space is incredible!

Thanks for yor help.

Any TT is not without its problems. I think the good thing about this bad economy is it has weeded out a lot of RV manufacturers that were producing inferior products at a cheap price in order to get a piece of the market. So stick with a known brand, keep in mind the tow rating of your TV, and look for the floorplan and features you want. When we bought our most recent trailer, my wife and I made a list of the features we wanted/needed and narrowed the search from there. Of course, my needs were much different than hers, but we managed to find a trailer that satisfied us both.

We upgraded last year to a 2009 leftover and found a floor plan we really liked in a trailer that is easy to tow with my half-ton truck. EVEN Better - I just started my taxes and see that I get to deduct the sales tax on that new trailer!:banana::banana:

Too bad the old trailer didn't qualify for the cash for clunkers program or first time homebuyers credit!

I just started my taxes and see that I get to deduct the sales tax on that new trailer!:banana::banana:

Too bad the old trailer didn't qualify for the cash for clunkers program or first time homebuyers credit!
:thumbsup2

And everyone should remember...for those that finance an RV and pay interest, in many cases you can deduct that interest as mortgage interest if you itemize. The RV, if certain criteria are met, may qualify as a second residence.

The bank that holds the note will probably NOT send you a Form 1098...so you would have to call them and request a statement of interest paid for the year.

Disclaimer - The preceeding statement was made by a relatively uninformed fool, and is not worth the money you paid to join this site. Please seek the advice of a professional tax accountant or attorney before utilizing said deduction, and please keep in mind that financing an RV is foolish as it is a depreciating asset. Having said that, many of us do so, so we are all foolish.

We upgraded last year to a 2009 leftover and found a floor plan we really liked in a trailer that is easy to tow with my half-ton truck. EVEN Better - I just started my taxes and see that I get to deduct the sales tax on that new trailer!:banana::banana:

You sure, Dan? I just read that section of the law and it looks like it has to be a motorhome to qualify.

for those that finance an RV and pay interest, in many cases you can deduct that interest as mortgage interest if you itemize.

Our accountant reminds us of this every year. :thumbsup2

We actually have been looking at this same Zinger. We like the space/layout a lot, but unfortunately it's far too heavy for our current vehicle.

It appears that in order to deduct the sales tax on a travel trailer purchase, you have to live in a state without income tax, which is deductible on your federal return. Otherwise, you have to have purchased a motorhome to get the deduction in a state where you deduct your state income tax. So for those of us who live in PA and purchased a travel trailer this year, it's tough noogies except for the interest on the loan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter