Zig Zagging through the Croc Patch

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
Since I enjoy watching Mythbusters, I thought I would mention that they tested the "myth" that " If you are getting chased by a crocodile, you can escape by running in a zig-zag pattern as crocs cannot turn corners."

I can't find a video of the segment online but they concluded straight or zig zag makes no difference because crocs and alligators are ambush predators and don't chase prey on land.

A summary of the show is on the bottom half of http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2007/01/episode_70_hindenburg_mystery.html

LOVE Mythbusters! Great show! I was saying the same thing during the show, they won't chase you more than a couple of feet anyway. If they miss the first strike, they won't chase onto dry land.

Either way, I don't ever want to have to test the theory... :scared1:

When I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about the shoes and I couldn't imagine what a Croc Patch was! :rotfl:

I suppose I should apologize (for the title) but I just couldn't resist the urge to click bait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter