Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

The next morning we decided to give not so magical hours another chance. Clearly we are just glutens for punishment because the bus was full before it even got to our stop and then when we finally made it to the park and went to ride Everest the line was all the way back into Asia by the Monkeys. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes.

Yikes! On a normal day in April, we can usually hit up EE a few times before the crowds roll in! I've never seen a line at EE first thing in the morning.

And after one rip roaring ride “extra magic” hours were done and they officially became known as not so magic hours to our family.

I can see why! I guess I'll continue to stay away from EMH.

And Jason didn’t get the photo memo for once

Ha! Awesome photo!

Not as exciting as the Baobob tree, I know.

But then, what is??

Overall Satuli is definitely one of the better counter services on property (says the clear expert who has eaten at very few of them).

Hello! What about my Fave...PB??

I am drew this fine rendition of what is clearly Iago and not a camel at all.

Adorable! We used to love the drawing at DHS. I would definitely try this.

Up next, a new to us restaurant.

Please be Pecos Bill's :rotfl:

And after one rip roaring ride “extra magic” hours were done and they officially became known as not so magic hours to our family.
These are just waaaay too early for me and if I had gotten up early to do this with all the crowds, I'd have been a crabby witch...LOL!

This is a GREAT ride pic!!!! tell Jason to get with the program!!!

It’s what for dinner lunch
LOL!!!!

Did you really think I'd go with any other half? :P
No, not at all, because you are just like me and clearly I would have done the exact same thing!!!!

Thank you for sharing your artistic skills with us! I guess you did NOT train wth Bob Ross?
LOL! I am going to buy you the Bob Ross chia pet!!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

IMG_0082.jpeg
the look thou...

This is the best!!!! I love it!

I guess there's a first for everything!

Overall Satuli is definitely one of the better counter services on property (says the clear expert who has eaten at very few of them).
I'll back you up - and I have eaten at many counter services on property :laughing:

I think their bases have gone downhill since they changed them
I completely agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, Disney :sad2: (Lookin' at you, MGM...)

Love your Dinosaur ride pic!! LOL That is always one of my favs to see when people share them. So many people reacting/posing. Love it!

I really enjoyed Satuli on our VIP tour. That's the only time I've ever eaten there. I think we will be hitting it up again in December. I'm hoping Jimmy will order the cheeseburger pods, just so I can say I've tried them. But I will definitely be getting the beef bowl again myself!

Finally caught up again. I fell behind due to being at WDW, a legitimate reason 😉. I gave up on Extra Magical hours a few trips ago and only go if it coincides at MK with our CP breakfast ADR.
We haven't been to AK on the last few trips but if we do go Satu'li would be a stop. I love red peppers but really it should be in the food description. It not like a one slipped in from another dish. At least the beef was good.

I hate the way EMH has fallen. It's now something my family tries to avoid, which is such a shame.

I agree that Satuli Canteen is one of the best counter service restaurants on property. Sorry about all the red peppers! My husband absolutely hates peppers and mushrooms, too, and he complained about all the peppers when he ordered that dish, as well. He would probably agree with the score losing half a forky because of them. :rotfl:

I hate red peppers. It seems like they are the one ingredient that is never listed and therefore hard to avoid.
I know right? They had them to everything presumably for "flavor" but that is one flavor I want nothing to do with

Did Casey's henna tattoo wash off?
No it stayed for a few days but was gone before we left. I thought I'd gotten a picture of it but apparently never did.

My what a beefy tongue you have 😝
The better to eat you with my dear :P

Thank you for sharing your artistic skills with us! I guess you did NOT train wth Bob Ross?
Oh no I so did and have legit amazing paint my number skills. Just falter a bit with the actual drawing

I had a kids meal at Sa'tuli last month and it was good but not a bowl and it stinks they aren't as good; that's what Steve had the one time he ate there and loved it but it was back in 2017.
Its still good, but don't know why Disney insists on changing what is clearly not broken

I'm quite interested to see what the new to you restaurant is!
There will be 4 this trip! The Stones are branching out

I agree, Saut'li canteen (always impossible for me to spell) is one of the better quick service options and double meat for $3 is a pretty good deal for Disney lol.
I'm too lazy to even attempt to spell it right.:P

Yeah I was shocked about the double meat for $3. They don't have anything about that in the restaurant but it was on the mobile app to order.

Every time i ride Kali i feel like they lost half the ride plans somewhere lol. It has a lot happening in the (long) queue and the ride doesn't deliver.
I'm pretty sure the queue is longer than the actual ride. I remember how disappointed we were the first time we rode it. Our local-ish amusement park has one that's at least 4 times the length of the Disney one.

It looks good but next time you are in AK you definitely need to head to Creature Comforts for the yummy cinnamon roll.
You are so right. After I saw your picture I knew this had Casey written all over it.

They don't have the hash anymore?? That was a bad decision on their part.
They still have a hash its just not as good as the old one. This one has regular and sweet potatoes and those dastardly red peppers

You mean there's somewhere at Disney where you haven't eaten?????
Not a lot, but a few. We'll hit up 4 new places this trip!

But then, what is??
Really nothing. Only reason we do the safari is just to see the magnificent Kelley tree :D

Hello! What about my Fave...PB??
How could I forget about the land of salad and the toppings bar to put more salad on your salad :earboy2:

Adorable! We used to love the drawing at DHS. I would definitely try this.
Casey and I have zero drawing skills so it was not our cup of tea but we at least had a good laugh at me trying. Casey on the other hand was having none of it.

Please be Pecos Bill's :rotfl:
Ah man how'd you guess????

These are just waaaay too early for me and if I had gotten up early to do this with all the crowds, I'd have been a crabby witch...LOL!
Yeah its too early for us too but figured with the oppressive heat it would be better to get moving early. We were very, very wrong.

This is a GREAT ride pic!!!! tell Jason to get with the program!!!
I know right? He's so slow sometimes

No, not at all, because you are just like me and clearly I would have done the exact same thing!!!!
Sister wives to the end!

LOL! I am going to buy you the Bob Ross chia pet!!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Is this really a thing?

the look thou...
She's got quite the looks and poses. Getting ready for that big modeling career that awaits her :D

This is the best!!!! I love it!
I think you all should recreate it in just a few days!!!!

I'll back you up - and I have eaten at many counter services on property :laughing:
Well thank you. Now I feel totally legitimized in my speculation

I completely agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, Disney :sad2: (Lookin' at you, MGM...)
Oh MGM for a while there I heard rumors they were going to change the name. I was so hopeful they'd go back to the original.

We enjoy Satuli Canteen, I agree on the rice and beans. We haven’t tried the noodles. The kids hot dog is really good there. I wonder if you can still get the salad option with the kids meal. That was really good.
I didn't see anything that even remotely looked like a salad on the menu. On hot days like this that is definitely what is needed. I'll have to remember to have Case try the hotdog sometime. She's a hot dog fiend.

Love your Dinosaur ride pic!! LOL That is always one of my favs to see when people share them. So many people reacting/posing. Love it!
Its one we all know where its at so its fun to do goofy things. Though we must have rode it twice this day and I definitely didn't get the memo the second time

I really enjoyed Satuli on our VIP tour. That's the only time I've ever eaten there. I think we will be hitting it up again in December. I'm hoping Jimmy will order the cheeseburger pods, just so I can say I've tried them. But I will definitely be getting the beef bowl again myself!
So excited for you all and your upcoming trip!! May cheeseburger pods fall upon you.

I fell behind due to being at WDW, a legitimate reason 😉
Most legitimate reason ever. Hope you're going to do a dining report 🤞

We haven't been to AK on the last few trips but if we do go Satu'li would be a stop. I love red peppers but really it should be in the food description. It not like a one slipped in from another dish. At least the beef was good.
We generally like Satuli but Yak and Yeti and Nomads are my clear AK favorites. We'll get to Nomads later in the trip but sadly had no Yeti this time

I hate the way EMH has fallen. It's now something my family tries to avoid, which is such a shame.
We had never done them before so we thought it would be a good idea. Boy were we wrong (except for one park).

I agree that Satuli Canteen is one of the best counter service restaurants on property. Sorry about all the red peppers! My husband absolutely hates peppers and mushrooms, too, and he complained about all the peppers when he ordered that dish, as well. He would probably agree with the score losing half a forky because of them. :rotfl:
Sounds like your husband and I would get along very well!!!

I am finally all caught up again and loving the craic especially between the sister wives. I have no legitimate excuse like a trip to Disney for being behind except to say I took a notion to knit my one and only gorgeous grandson a blimin ( insert swear word of choice), ahem, I mean beautiful, Christmas elf. Mainly because my late mum knit all my kids a toy and I thought I’d try to do the same. Let me tell you that thing has caused 2 burnt dinners and he’s still hasn’t got his hat or face :scared1::rotfl::santa:
Anyhow love the ride and supermodel of the future photos and yes you’ve definitely convinced me that EMHs are not a part of my future so thanks for saving me the early wake up!

:thumbsup2

Anything that has early in it is a bad idea. LOL!
Noted! We have to be out the door tomorrow by 0830 to drive an hour to get our Christmas tree. Just the thought of that is killing me already, but the things I do for Christmas!

have no legitimate excuse like a trip to Disney for being behind except to say I took a notion to knit my one and only gorgeous grandson a blimin ( insert swear word of choice), ahem, I mean beautiful, Christmas elf. Mainly because my late mum knit all my kids a toy and I thought I’d try to do the same. Let me tell you that thing has caused 2 burnt dinners and he’s still hasn’t got his hat or face :scared1::rotfl::santa:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Burnt dinners and a faceless elf it sounds like something he'd cherish. I have not a crafting bone in my body. So much so that I actually failed sewing in Home Ec class and my parents were mortified. But my most prized possessions are a quilt and knitted stocking my grandmothers made for me. Wish I could give Casey any semblance of something like that, but I'll just make up for it with trips to Disney

Anyhow love the ride and supermodel of the future photos and yes you’ve definitely convinced me that EMHs are not a part of my future so thanks for saving me the early wake up!
Yes they should definitely be skipped. Not even a super model should get out of bed for that.

Just started one. Thanks for being one of my inspirations . :drinking1:drinking1. Happy Thanksgiving.
I'm there!!! Gobble Gobble

a faceless elf it sounds like something he'd cherish.
sure who wouldn’t want to own this lovely treasure?? :rotfl:
No idea why he’s lying sideways. Maybe Mr no face has had a few since it’s Friday and he’s now tipsy elf!:drinking1:rotfl:
actually failed sewing in Home Ec class
I can’t sew to save my life -wonderweb is my friend when it comes to hemming trousers which is an improvement on the cellotape I used as a teen:rotfl:Not even the scary Sister Marie Therese could teach me to sew - I only passed in HE because my mother made my wrap-around faux denim skirt! Dream garment of every teenage girl!!!!:rotfl:
my most prized possessions are a quilt and knitted stocking my grandmothers made for me.
They sound beautiful. I never had a Granny as they’d both died before I was born but I was always so jealous of kids that did. If I ever finish the elf I might give a stocking a go for next year- sure I could do with losing a bit of weight so maybe the burning of dinner isn’t such a bad thing :rotfl2:
Wish I could give Casey any semblance of something like that, but I'll just make up for it with trips to Disney
Somehow I don’t think Casey minds this option in the least. Let’s face it a trip to Disney beats a faceless tipsy elf any day of the week :goodvibes

Last edited:
I really don’t find much advantage to EMH recently. So much that I’m actually thinking of staying off site next time. I just don’t find the perks that great anymore.

No clue what this was or where we got it from, but my notes say it similar to the cat tail and it had good chocolate flavor in a light and crispy crust. So success I guess. :confused3
You really can’t go wrong with chocolate and pastry.

The remainder of the afternoon we tried the new drawing thing out at Rafiki’s planet watch.
I would really like to do this (even if they do have you drawing camels 😝)
My family did the old Animation Academy once but DD was too young and was frustrated. I’d like to try it again now that she’s older.

It’s what for dinner lunch
There’s an inappropriate “beef in your mouth” joke just waiting to be told by someone more clever than I am right now.
That aside, I really regret not trying Satuli canteen last year. I don’t think I’ve read a bad review.

No idea why he’s lying sideways. Maybe Mr no face has had a few since it’s Friday and he’s now tipsy elf!:drinking1:rotfl:
OMG dying at Mr. No Face. Maybe since he's so tipsy he fell in some dirty snow and that is what is covering his face :confused3 Tis the season

I can’t sew to save my life -wonderweb is my friend when it comes to hemming trousers which is an improvement on the cellotape I used as a teen:rotfl:Not even the scary Sister Marie Therese could teach me to sew - I only passed in HE because my mother made my wrap-around faux denim skirt! Dream garment of every teenage girl!!!!:rotfl:
My mother was as bad a sewer as me so there was nothing left to redeem me and my fancy locker hanger thingy we were supposed to make. Thankfully my renaissance man husband can sew so he saves me (and Casey) every time.

I really don’t find much advantage to EMH recently. So much that I’m actually thinking of staying off site next time. I just don’t find the perks that great anymore.
Yeah the perks certainly seem to be disappearing. Not sure we're ready to go offsite, as on our one onsite/offsite hotel (Shades of Green) I missed being in the "bubble" even if the bubble has not so magic hours and crappy bus systems. Of course with your family staying adjacent to the outlet mall may be the best idea :P

I would really like to do this (even if they do have you drawing camels 😝)
My family did the old Animation Academy once but DD was too young and was frustrated. I’d like to try it again now that she’s older.
Yep that was Casey too. I'm surprised at the difficulty of some of the characters they are drawing. I figured it would be all Mickey and Pluto all day.

There’s an inappropriate “beef in your mouth” joke just waiting to be told by someone more clever than I am right now.
That aside, I really regret not trying Satuli canteen last year. I don’t think I’ve read a bad review.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Noted! We have to be out the door tomorrow by 0830 to drive an hour to get our Christmas tree. Just the thought of that is killing me already, but the things I do for Christmas!
Hope you found your 🎄and got breakfast too. We got ours today at our town's Fire Company. Waiting for them to deliver it to our home.

OMG dying at Mr. No Face. Maybe since he's so tipsy he fell in some dirty snow and that is what is covering his face :confused3 Tis the season
Can you imagine the story my grandson would be telling his friends in a few years- "my Granny knit me a drunken, off his face elf who's an absolute lightweight when it comes to alcohol but she says it's ok as it was coming up to Christmas and everyone has "that 1 friend"! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Thankfully my renaissance man husband can sew so he saves me (and Casey) every time.
Love a man who can not only cook but sew as well!:worship:
My dad darned our gloves, socks and woolly tights when they needed it. Think he learn't out of necessity as a child during the war years when it was a case of make do and mend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter