zero entry onsite hotel

guymom

Earning My Ears
How can I know which, if any, Disney onsite hotels have a zero entry pool?

I did a search on allears.net (deb wills site) and found the following regarding zero entry pools.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Zero entry
Grand Floridian - zero entry
Polynesian - zero entry
Coronado Springs has a place for folks in chairs to slide off onto a step and slide down into the pool... with an extra railing, too
Port Orleans Riverside - Handrails and ramps have recently been created to aid wheelchair visitors.

Carol

You could get complete and up to date info by calling WDW Resort Special Reservations:
(407) 939-7807
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
The only zero entry pools are AKL, GF and Poly, but many resorts have the "bump steps" and the ones that don't have at least one pool made accessible that way already are getting the steps as they are renovated. I know for sure that WL and OKW have accessible pools. I have not seen the pools at the All Stars and Pop Century, but expect they would have the steps since they were built after WDW had started adding steps in other pools.
Here's a link to information posted by Andrew Bichard on the DIS Board along with a picture of the zero entry pool at the Polynesian.
There is also a picture from Andrew's collection of the "bump steps" at SAB.

The new DVC resort that is opening in May, Saratoga Springs will have a zero entry pool.

Autumnblue

I would love to see pictures of the new stuff at POR RS to see what the ramp and such looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter