Zeppelin and Forest River?

jlr9882

Mouseketeer
We went looking around today at an used RV place. The were two that we are really interested in, but not currently able to buy at the time. Hopefully when the time comes, we will be able to find something like them. The first one is a 2005 Zeppelin Keystone lightweight z261. It is about 26 ft. We haven't seen anything like it before. It has 3 bunks in the back and one little one in the kitchen area where you could store stuff or use as a bed for a small person. The Bed at the front folds up when you want to use the sitting area. Anyone have one? What do you think about it? Most of the time it will just be my Mom, my son, and I. My sister and BIL will join us sometimes with their 3 kids and we will be using tents too.

The second one a 2006 Grand Surveyor Forest River 5th wheel. It is about a 28 ft. It also looked really nice. We have a 2008 F150 Supercrew and was told that that should be able to pull both of these. Just wondering what you think of these two.

i have the 05 zepplin 241, no fold up bed or bunks. we love it, towed it for a couple years with a dodge dakota quad cab with no issues, so your f-150 should handle it. as far as the fiver-dont know

You might check out your towing weight limits, depending on your engine/transmission you could have a strain with a 5th wheel there is lot of wind resistance, but I like our 29 ft 5th wheel.

I agree the most important thing is to get something you can safely tow and not have to listen to your engine struggle.

Try to stay within 75 - 80 percent of you tow weight max, remember this factors in your camper weight, the contents of your camper, hitch, and everything and everyone in your tow vehicle.

Guess I have to agree. Check your weights. Ours is a little bit over 29' and our 2500 does great. Watch the dealer, they will say anything to get you to buy. We were told our Astro could tow a 28' trailer (and it did until the wind blew or a truck went by...talk about tail wagging the dog!) Remember part of the fifth-wheel weight will be in your truck bed so GVWR on truck is as important as CGVWR. Good luck. Check out RV.net...lots of good help there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter