Zen Spot During Fireworks

Jing

Type A planner. Type B vacationer.
Hubs has combat-induced PTSD. He is in recovery and works hard to stay there. One of his triggers that has stuck is fireworks. He tried Wishes a few years ago and it would have been a disaster if not for a cast member in one of the shops distracting him with ornament shopping. Now that we have a son, he does not want to leave the park to get away - is there anywhere in MK that would provide quiet while Wishes/Hallowishes is going on? I know a monorail resort is an option, but it feels like banishment to me. I could care less about fireworks myself, but it is more about not depriving our child of experiences that hubs is concerned about.

Have him go to one of the indoor shows while you and your son watch the fireworks. COP, Hall of Presidents and Mickeys Philharmagic come to mind. Especially the first ,2 since they are longer.

If he wants to experience these with your son, then I might suggest ear protectors like used on gun ranges. This is what my sister uses for fireworks. I would also suggest somewhere away from the main crowds. The view may not be as perfect a view, but it would be a view.

If it is more about not leaving the park, then I would suggest an attraction that is indoors.

I would plan to be on a ride or in a restaurant during that time. Space Mountain would be good since it has an indoor queue and ride. FWIW, I personally think that the fireworks appeal more to adults than to kids. DD always complains that she can't see, they are loud, etc. I'm sure there are many kids who love them, but I wouldn't worry too much about your son missing them.

Stay away from Liberty Square. We were in Columbia Harbour House in Dec. when Wishes started. It seriously sounded like we were under siege! It sounded so much louder than it ever did on Main St.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter