• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes

Stacerita

DIS Veteran
Im sure threads about Zebra Domes have probably been beaten to death. Yet I couldn't seem to find my answer so Im asking here. Sorry if its been asked already. Can you get Zebra Domes at Mara? Or are they only available at Boma? We are planning on staying at AKL and I know the sweetpea would love to try one (as I would too), but I just dont think I could convince her to eat at Boma. Could maybe get her to try a "polite bite" or two but that would be an expensive few bites to just eat at Boma for the Zebra Domes. So I was hoping that I could try the Zebra Domes anyways. Can you get them at Mara? TIA

You can get zebra domes at Mara every day of the week. They are in the cooler area off to the right of the cash registers after you walk in.

They also have a really good banana bread (without nuts, the way I like it) available in the bakery area. In fact, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this. Wonder what's in the fridge ... ?

We thought the zebra domes were okay - but the coconut Tiramasu was just awesome! If you see a little container of that at Mara - grab it. And BTW, we loved Mara - was happy with all of our counter service food there!

What is a Zebra Dome? I am not sure if I have ever heard exactly what it is. :blush:

While the Zebra Domes were ok, I also preferred the other wonderful desserts at Boma.

Prior to our Oct/Nov trip to AKL, I had heard that the Zebra Domes were available at the Mara. I never saw any during my stay. However, I only visited the Mara right after peak evening hours. Pickings, in general, were pretty slim. (On a side note: I was extremely disappointed with the Mara. The food did not look appetizing, at all.)

The zebra strawberries at AKL are wonderful....white chocolate with chocolate stripes. My step mom has ordered them for us on our last two trips through room service. They do not have them at Boma. They are incredible. Both times I went to get coffee at Mara and when I returned my kids had eaten them all but one. I was so worried how I would store the leftovers :laughing:

I love chocolate, but the Zebra Domes do nothing for me. I loved the little persimmon tarts at Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter