• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes

Its a chocolate covered "dome" that is striped like a zebra, the center of the dome is filled with a kahlua filling.

A zebra dome is a little piece of Kahlua-brushed sponge cake with a chocolate-Kahula mousse filling, all covered with chocolate. The cake gets its name because the chocolate is drizzled on top to make black and white stripes, resembling a zebra.

They are overwhelmingly popular and definitely worth trying. They are available at Boma and Mara, both at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I'll have to agree with the PP's. It is truly heaven. If you get a chance, you must try one (or several....) :)

They are fabulous! I have been dreaming of them since we left Kidani last summer. I get to have them again in 47 days!

I have to say that I was so hyped up to enjoy this dish, due to the comments on the Boards. However, when I did have one on the BOMA buffet, it was ok, but nothing special. It may have been the fact that there are SO MANY wonderful desserts on BOMA's buffet. To each his own, I say:cool1:And this year, I'll leave mine for you to enjoy:thumbsup2

Y'all said the secret word when you said Kahlua! :)

I too, have been reading about their fabulousness on the Dis, but I could never find an exact description of them.

We are booked at Boma for our trip and I think it's the ADR I'm most looking forward to!

Thanks all!

They gave us some on our honeymoon at Boma they brought out this long wooden platter they spelled Congrats in chocolate and decorated it with fruit and zebra domes and I was so excited to try them but the inside seemed very dry like twinkie dry..LOL

Zebra Domes are good but I have to agree with the PP who said they were over hyped. I expected something more than what they were. They were good but not "a bit of heaven". Certainly not something I would make a special trip to Boma for. Although if I stay at the AK Lodge again, I would certainly consider getting some for dessert at the Mara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter