• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra domes

Ready to go in Ok

<font color=teal>Those suckers can attack from a d
My family will not eat at Boma's. They are convinced that they will be served bugs of some form, and all my efforts to convince them otherwise have been fruitless. I have heard that you can get them at another restaurant, but I can't remember where. Is there a counter service restaurant where I can get them a la carte? No way can I talk them into eating there, but maybe I could pop in and get some while we are touring resorts and looking at Christmas decorations. TIA!

Tell your family that is just plain silly. Do they really think that Disney would serve people BUGS? They sort of have a reputation to uphold.

As far as the food..DH and I did not care too much for it. Let me qualify that with the fact that we are adventurous eaters who are a dimes throw from the culinary heaven of NYC and have tried lots of different foods. So it wasn't because we are "burgers and fries" types of people. We just thought the food was OK. We also have come to the conclusion that we are not big buffet people.

However, that being said, there is definitely food there for picky eaters. They have a carving station with prime rib and such and a kids buffet with chicken nuggets and fries and such.

The desserts are deinitely good and plentiful. I actually preferred the coconut tiramasu over the zebra domes.

I'm eating at Boma for breakfast only (picky eaters too). But the answer to your question is Mara -the quick service place at AKL. Supposedly they sell zebra domes there for around $4 a package I think I read. I'm going to pop in and buy some to try too.

I've heard you can get them at Mara's. I'm thinking about picking up some to go (for breakfast the next day) after we eat at Boma one night. I just LOVE Zebra Domes!

Believe me, I have told them how silly the bug thing is, and I have showed them the menu at allears. No luck. They won't even eat breakfast there, even though I told them it is mostly "normal" breakfast food! I was soooo disappointed, as Boma's was at the top of my list. Some people have more difficulty straying from their comfort zones than others I guess. Thanks for the Mara tip, that is just what I was looking for.

Why don't you plan a dinner by yourself there? I think it is silly that you are going to have to give up one of your 'wants' because none of them want to try it.(I am assuming here that you are going with another adult, if not, ignore the rest of this post LOL) Book an ADR for the family elsewhere, and book one for yourself at Boma. Let dad take care of the kids while you enjoy a dinner and some mom time alone!

I hate mentioning this, because I always feel that I am coming off as trying to get attention. This trip is me, DD15, DD12, DM, and DF. DF was diagnosed with lymphoma last year, and his treatment hasn't gone as planned. They initially gave him 7-10 years. Now, it is down to 2. So, this trip is all about spending time with DF, as it will probably be the last big vacation with him. Almost everything I am planning, I am planning around what he wants. He isn't being selfish about it or anything, and I haven't really even told him that this is what I am doing, although he has probably figured it out. I can always do Boma's on another trip, but if I can pick up some Zebra Dome's at a CS, I will definitely do that! If the circumstances were different however, I just might make the trip solo. :thumbsup2

You can generally pick them up at Mara - which is really good counter service. If I wanted to get to AKL to see it, Mara would be my dining choice. We weren't fond of Boma. My husband loved Jiko but I didn't. But Mara was pretty good.

They are available in the grab and go area of the Mara. You get 3 zebra domes and 2 mousse crunch desserts in a little take out container. If you do not see any out just ask a CM and they can get some for you from the back.

Ready to go in Ok said:
I hate mentioning this, because I always feel that I am coming off as trying to get attention. This trip is me, DD15, DD12, DM, and DF. DF was diagnosed with lymphoma last year, and his treatment hasn't gone as planned. They initially gave him 7-10 years. Now, it is down to 2. So, this trip is all about spending time with DF, as it will probably be the last big vacation with him. Almost everything I am planning, I am planning around what he wants. He isn't being selfish about it or anything, and I haven't really even told him that this is what I am doing, although he has probably figured it out. I can always do Boma's on another trip, but if I can pick up some Zebra Dome's at a CS, I will definitely do that! If the circumstances were different however, I just might make the trip solo. :thumbsup2

Totally understandable. Just wanted to send you a :hug: What a nice thing you are doing taking him and what nice memories your daughters will have of him because of this trip!

3princesses4us said:
Totally understandable. Just wanted to send you a :hug: What a nice thing you are doing taking him and what nice memories your daughters will have of him because of this trip!

Thanks! We are sooooo looking forward to this trip. Even more special this time around, but kinda bittersweet.

Aww, Stephanie. I almost teared up a bit. I didnt have a father growing up . But, my DGF. Filled my fathers place. He was to me the sweetest man, on earth. He, was diagnosed 7 years ago. Sadly, he passed on 4 years ago. I do sorely miss him. I think it is so wonderful, to be going with you Father, to the Happiest Place on Earth!! I am wishing you, and you family the best time in the world!! :wave:

scoutsmom99 said:
They are available in the grab and go area of the Mara. You get 3 zebra domes and 2 mousse crunch desserts in a little take out container. If you do not see any out just ask a CM and they can get some for you from the back.
I got that to-go container during our last trip and DH and I really enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter