Yvet's rant: OT but Disney related (update in post #29)

Yvet

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh
Ohwwww i'm soooo mad!!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
I can scream so loud that y'all could hear me....

It's OT but Disney related because it's about our trip.
It's about our plane tickets.

We always fly United because we are frequent flyers with them and we are saving for a free ticket (after this up coming flight in December we have a free ticket:cool1:).
In July 2009 United announched a new police regarding their bagage.
If you purchase a ticket after 30 September then you have to pay for you second bag (yes i know other rules apply for international travelers).

So what we did was looking around to find the best price out there for our flights in December and in April.
A Dutch TA came out with the best price for both December and April.
We asked them explicit about our ticket needs to be issued (printed but they don't print anymore with e-tickets) asap.
She answered that it wouldn't be any problem to have them finalized directly and also the invoice stated that the full amount must be paid within 7 days because they must print the tickets within 10 days.

So we booked our plane tickets for December and April with them.
So far so good.

Today i discovered that nothing is so far so good, that everything is screwed up by the TA.
The tickets for December are issued on November 23 (Yesterday :eek::eek:)
The tickets for April arn't issued yet.
So there goes our free second bag for our trip, this is going to cost us at least an extra $100 for our December trip and at least $50 for the April trip.

So i called them, and the TA was saying that it were airline rules that changed so she couldn't help it.
I explained to her that this was already known by us before we booked the ticket and that i asked to have the tickets issued direct because that way we wouldn't have to pay for the extra bags.
She kept saying that it wasn't their fault and that they wouldn't pay for the extra bags we need to take with us.

I called Emiel about this and we have it in writing that they would need the full amount within 7 days because the tickets must be printed within 10 days.
Emiel is going to take over this case and give them another call and want to complaint in writing about this and we want our fee covered by them.
Let them pay for their mistake.

I'm sooo mad about this, you ask, you arrange, you let them know why, you explain why-how-when and where and still they mess up.....
And because they messed up this thing i have to pay at least $150 extra for traveling.....

I can shoot them at this point........
That why i let Emiel handle this further.....

I hear you screaming from here, Yvette. I'll scream with you in sympathy. How frustrating!

Sorry Yvet. Been there. :mad:

Solution: Dreams Unlimited Europe :goodvibes

Kevin goes to Paris (maybe Netherlands too) and gets it up and running, figures out the details of international bookings.... It's bound to happen. :thumbsup2

I can shoot them at this point........
That why i let Emiel handle this further.....

So you're going to let poor sweet Emiel do the jail time for shooting the TA?:confused3

Give 'em heck you guys. Is there a Better Business Bureau or a similar agency accountability organization in the Netherlands?

After the guitar breaking incident, this doesn't surprise me! ;)

That must be so annoying Yvet! Definitely take this as high as it will go!

What's a paltry $150 to you rich Europeans? Isn't that like 7.55 Euros nowadays?

Just kidding. Hope you get a resolution to the problem.

Wow I can't believe how incompetent they are :scared1: I hope they refund the money - not that you should have to pay in the first place :sad2:

I would want to speak to the highest person at the travel agents, hopefully Emiel will have more luck.

I hope you can prove they have broken their contract - good luck chasing this up :hug:

This time, it's the travel agent's fault, not United's.

If you have a contract in writing, you should be able to use that for leverage. Hopefully. Good luck, Yvet!

sorry to hear it you guys, hope they can remedy the situation for you.

Hope everything gets worked out Yvet!
Go get'em Emiel!

After the guitar breaking incident, this doesn't surprise me! ;)

As a sidenote here, I read in a local Nova Scotia paper (supplied by a friend) that Dave Carroll (United Breaks Guitars) gave United a second chance and flew them again.

They lost his luggage. :lmao:

Oh, my! I hope you get some satisfaction from the travel agent.

When Kevin opens up Dreams Unlimited Europe, He can book my trip to visit Emiel & Yvet and Gav n Becx.

Oh, my! I hope you get some satisfaction from the travel agent.

When Kevin opens up Dreams Unlimited Europe, He can book my trip to visit Emiel & Yvet and Gav n Becx.

I want to visit them and the Robsons' in Scotland and the Hunters in England and Alessandra (alebisi) in Italy. Oh and Kriss in Sweden, too.

Sorry Yvet. Been there. :mad:

Solution: Dreams Unlimited Europe :goodvibes

Kevin goes to Paris (maybe Netherlands too) and gets it up and running, figures out the details of international bookings.... It's bound to happen. :thumbsup2
I second that motion! :p

I don't know how travel agents work in Europe, but here in the US, we have to issue airline tickets immediately when we get a credit card. We hardly ever get a 7 or 10 day time limit any more.

I say ask to speak to the manager at your travel agency and say that you will change agencies or book directly through the airline next time.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

In the old days of travel where it took sending bookings via TeleType and hand writing airline tickets i could understand the need to take a bit of time. Heck until real recently there was no such thing as e-ticket in some of the foreign countries. That being said, i think what has happened and sadly Yvet was hit by it, was that the TA she used was going through a discounter that would not release the tickets till now. Now I do now know the court systems over there, but here in the states a written contract that was sent to a customer with the terms of sale is a legally binding agreement. I suggest that if she doesn't get far with the TA to contact the IATA and any other TA governing agency regarding this to get some suggestions from them.

This makes me mad for you Yvet :mad::mad::mad:. So darn incompetent! I really hope you guys make them pay, they should pay!

I want to visit them and the Robsons' in Scotland and the Hunters in England and Alessandra (alebisi) in Italy. Oh and Kriss in Sweden, too.

Yay :dogdance:, visit me! You could call it the Jeanigor European Tour :goodvibes. Plus from here it's only a quick but expensive hop to Disneyland Paris!

Edited to add.....HAVE YOU ALL SEEN MY TICKER??!! :jumping1:

Okay we have an update!!!!!
Still ranting, sorry....

Thanks to everybody for all the support :hug:

What happened since the first post:
Emiel called the TA and has spoken to the same agent as i did, after a while she said just hold on a minute.
And then another agent took over the call, she tried to explain everything all over and that is was not their fault.

After a while she said we gave the orders to United to issue the tickets on July 20th.
But the ticket is issued on Nov 23.
Emiel said okay i'm going to call United when the tickets are issued and when they got the order.

Today Emiel called United and the tickets are issued on Nov 23th and they could also see that the TA gave the order July 20th.
So i turns out that the source of the problem lies with United........

Emiel called back and told the lady what United told him and said to her you have to call United and fix this (that's why we have a TA after all).
She is going to call United and have to sort things out with them.

When she knows more about this, she will call Emiel about this and hopefully everything is set and done then......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!