Yuletide Fantasy Tour

DisneyFan0304

DIS Veteran
My mother and I are going to WDW in early December and we're thinking of taking the Yuletide Fantasy tour. My mother would have to use a wheelchair. Has anyone taken this tour and used or been with someone who used a wheelchair? Is it doable?

Thanks.

I was wondering about that myself, I am going solo and have a scooter, and would love to do the tour but did not know if it is possible, I did order the disabilities passporter that is coming out, hope they mention it in there.

Cheri

Hello, everyone. I would be interested in knowing about this, too.

What type of transportation do they use for scooters?

What areas of the WDW do they travel to in order to use the bus system?

Is there a limit of two scooters per tour or do they use more than one bus for transportation?

Sincerely, Ray

I have taken the tour twice and used my ECV. They use a Mears type bus to transport between the parks and/or resorts or the backstage area.

If you can manage the bus' steps they will just fold the tiller and put the ECV in a luggage compartment. If you are in a pc or ECV and cannot handle the steps they have a lift with a capacity of two wcs/ECVs.

If more than two people reserve for the tour and indicate ECV use, thay will provide one or more additional vans for transport.

I have seen this on tours with more than two wcs/ECVs. Note if you do not indicate using a wc or ECV the people who did so indicate have priority.

thanks for the info, Cheshire Figment.
I'm quite certsain it's not addressed in the new Passporter.

Because of the ADA, the tours do need to make some attempt to accomidation (which they can do with accessible buses). But, as Cheshire Figment mentioned, be sure to mention the ecv or wheelchair when making your reservation. If you just show up with it, they may not have room to accomidate you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter