Youtube & music licensing

thumper*

Disney Dreamer
I would like to put together a photo montage of our upcoming Disney trip set to music and then post it to Youtube to share w/ the wonderful folks here on the Dis.

How do I go about selecting music and still stay within the licensing agreements? Is there a site dedicated to music that I can use freely or purchase?

TIA

Most people don't get a license if it's not for commercial use. Right or wrong, they just use the music. I personally see no problem with that if you're keeping it for personal use but when you do start posting on places like youtube it does get sticky.

Well guess I probably won't be sharing it publicly. I'd be willing to spend a few $ but not much. Must now go research apmusic more. Thanks for your help.

I see many, many clips on youtube that contain copyrighted music that I am certain the creator/poster did not pay for. Some get taken down, most do not. It can get sticky and there are many issues: composition copyright; performance copyright; fair use; derivative works; educational use...

Without going into the ethics of it all, in reality if your video doesn't go viral no one will likely be concerned.

I wouldn't worry too too much about it; unless you're trying to make money from it some kind of way. The worst that'll probably happen is that it'll get taken down; or just blocked.

It just depends on if someone cares or not. Not saying I'm in the right; but I've used music that wasn't mine (and images too). One thing got blocked for a while; but it's unblocked now (but might be blocked in certain countries). And heck, I have a Beatles video that went viral and has around 11 million hits; and is still up there. They just recently sent me a copyright warning or something; but it wasn't blocked or anything. So it just depends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter