Your Worst Breakup...

What was your worst breakup?

So far, mine was two days ago, when my boyfriend broke up with me the day before my birthday, over the phone.

It was really new but he had said early on he could see marrying me and having a future together. Everything was good (so I thought) but then he told me it just “wasn’t working out” and everything was “forced”. It was news to me.

:confused3

My worst breakup, oh geez
He was my first actual serious boyfriend (not the guy in my picture lol)
He was incredibly abusive; mentally, physically, even sexually on occasions
He controlled everything I did from what I wore, who I talked to, what I ate, etc
He then cheated on me and dumped me for a girl he previously told me "don't worry about her she's just a friend"
I was incredibly heartbroken and couldn't even bring myself to shower I felt so bad
But in the end it was better for me that he left me because now I'm with the real love of my life <3

Nothing much to say but it caused my GPA to drop from 3.7 to 2.9. Sometimes I want to blame myself for letting it slide that much but I also didn't think I could've done much more with my mental state.

I have a Jerry Springer type story. I dated this man (well call him Tim) for 4 years and had been living with him at his house for 2 years. One night I was home alone and the home phone rang. I answered it and the woman on the other end asked for Tim. I said he was not home and asked if I could take a message, she said no and we ended the call. About 2 minutes later the phone rang again and it was the same woman. She asked who I was. I told her that she was the one who called me and needed to identify herself first. She said she was Tim's girlfriend. I then told her that I was Tim's girlfriend. After speaking for a while we figured out that he had been in a relationship with her for a year while also living with and being in a relationship with me. Tim had the registration for her car for some reason and she wanted it back so I invited her over and told her to park around the corner so that we could wait for Tim to come home.

We were both waiting for Tim at the house when he got home. He didn't try to deny what he had been doing, but was also not apologetic. Tim and the other woman had it out and after she left.we had it out, then I packed my bags and moved out.

Unfortunately, due to my exceedingly poor judgment I agreed to try to work things out with him about a month later. I got my own place and we started going to counseling weekly. I took anything physical off the table as well. We went on like this for 3 months, which was around Christmas time. He went on a ski trip and I decided to go to his house to make sure he was on the up and up. (I still had a key to his house.) Of course, there on the kitchen table was a love Christmas card from the other woman. I called her and got her voicemail. Little did I know, he had taken her on the ski trip. We had both been duped again. Apparently she got my message and told Tim she wanted to go home. He refused to take her home until they were scheduled to leave. She did not have the funds to get home on her own so she had to stay. It was a very unpleasant trip from what I was told.

Since I knew how long they were going to be out of town I hired a moving van and moved all of the furniture and other stuff I still had stored in his basement out. After I left the house I called Tim's mom to let her know what I did. She told me that she was not aware that Tim and I had been trying to work things out. She had met the other woman over the past few months and was not aware that he had cheated on me. She said he was just like his father. (His dad cheated on his mom and left her for a younger woman.)

Anyway, that's my story. We are no longer in contact as I told him to never contact me again. I have heard through the grapevine that he had a stint put in his heart (surprised they were able to find it) and beat cancer. The way I think of it, he's just like a cockroach, nothing will kill him.

Sorry to hear about your breakup. I was in a bad relationship once, learnt from my mistakes and then found my soulmate. Now I am married to him and have two beautiful kids with him so don't lose hope. See this moment in your life as stepping stone to something better and greater to come.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

My worst break up was a couple of months ago - my long term boyfriend decided he didn't want to be relationship anymore out of the blue. 4 days previously we'd booked at holiday together and 2 weeks previously we'd talked about getting married in the next 18 months. I tried to fix it and give him time to work out what he wanted, but in the end he was saying all the worst possible things to get me to he the one to officially end it, so I gave him what he wanted because even though it was painful I'm worth more than that.

I'm not going to lie and say everything is magically better because it's not, but it's better than it was, and it will keep getting better, and eventually, if I want to I'll find someone who's better for me, and I'm sure the same will be true for you too.

I’m sorry about your breakup. Those are never easy.

Anyway, I’ve had some bad ones over the years. Mostly because I have the worst taste in men.
The worst though was my sons donor.
Long story short, I had a baby with this guy I was dating and he worked in the same building as me, but totally different departments. When my son was 6 weeks, he decided we were over. Ok. Fine. He still came over maybe once a week or every other week to see him. He officially stopped seeing him when my son was 4 months.
Better yet, come to find out, he was sleeping with this woman at work who used to ask me how I was doing while I was pregnant. It gets better....this woman was married. Her husband found out about the affair and killed himself. This woman had a 15 year old daughter! He thought I would give him some sympathy. I felt awful for the daughter and the husband, but I told my ex that I hope he burns.
I also made it very clear that he was in or out, he wasn’t permitted to be both in my sons life. When he told me he was out, I informed him that I would bury him if he ever did try to come for my son then. Funny part is that he stopped coming to see my son because the turnpike fees and gas to see him was killing him. We lived 45 minutes away from each other 🤷‍♀️

There’s so much more to that story, but ya, that’s the gist of my worst breakup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!