Your wish is their command

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
We've only been on a few Disney cruises, but I found out quickly that Disney really, sincerely, wants to do whatever it can to grant your requests and make it a memorable time for you.

For example, on our last cruise,we had ordered a fairly nice bottle of wine, and the server brought it along with those sturdy Libby-type wine glasses. Which was okay, we would have enjoyed the wine in a Flintstones jelly jar! But, when Wira, the head server came by and asked how everything was - I mentioned that it would be nice to have some good glasses with our nice wine. He said, "not to worry" and in a few moments, some different wine glasses appeared. They weren't Riedel, but much better than before. He had sent someone up to Palo to get them. We were very pleased and appreciative that he made that effort. This is a reason to tip the head server.(I always wondered what they did, exactly).

So, my point is, make use of your servers and cruise members. You will enjoy it and they are appreciative of your gratitude and tips.

Anyone else had their request granted by a hard working CM?

dk

I cruised the 4 day Wonder in April 2003. In March 2003, I became very ill and spent a LOT of time in the hospital. My colon exploded and it was pretty touch and go. With lots of good wishes/prayers and a fantastic DR, I was on the mend for my Cruise (which I was still allowed to go on - WOW HUH)

When we met our Stateroom host - Niji - he inquired about what we needed. My DH informed him of my recent illness and he went OUT of his way to see to my comfort. There were so many things he did, I couldn't even list them all. It still brings tears to my eyes to recall all he did to make sure all my needs were met.

ALSO!

During our Dinner rotation we met with Charlie and Igor. Both of them spent a great deal of time with DH and I. During our dinner, Igor would tell the dinner selections and come to me and say and for "my special lady......" and then explain the food options that would agree with my situation at hand.

awww the memories....

DH and I are doing the South Beach diet and were doing our best to stick to it during the May repo cruise. For the most part, we stuck to the sugar free desserts, which were surprisingly good.

We celebrated our 26th anniversary in Palo. (No sticking to any diet there, LOL.) Two nights later, our serving team surprised us with a huge sugar free chocolate cake! It was delish and so big that we shared it with our DIS friends at the next table.

They really do go out of their way to meet your needs. :flower:

Our assistant server noticed DD was eating the orange garnishes out of our tropical drinks. One night at dinner she brought DD a huge bowl of cut up oranges. Another night our server wrapped up a plate of cookies to take back to our stateroom, because DD's fell asleep before desert.

Denae

Our DD never came to us for dinner (she's was in a pizza and Fruit Loops-only phase then, so she had pizza in our room and went to the clubs), so the servers never met her except for the character breakfast. One time at lunch, our assistant server saw us in Topsiders and spent 5 minutes treating DD like a princess and brought over several boxes of fruit loops for DD. DD loved it!

After 44 cruises, I can't even go into all the magical moments we've experienced because it would take a book. DCL's service is top-notch!
Barb

I agree with everyones comments. Last year on our cruise, it was mentioned on the first night how we really loved the souffle from Palo's....and for those that have not had them they are fantastic. For the rest of the cruise we were served the Palo's souffles.

Yes they are out to make every cruise a memorable cruise.

I love the deep fried camembert - that's my favorite food on the cruise... Every night at dinner, even the nights we were at Lumiere's, our waiter (Sunny) went down to Lumiere's before we got in there and had 2 orders of it waiting when I walked in for dinner. He was so sweet. :goodvibes

DS#2 will only eat a Cesear salad ( go figure:rolleyes: ) so the server went every night to find one for him. Sometimes it was another restuarant on board ( even Palos) or sometimes it was just asking the kitchen to make is special for him... truly wonderful!!!

WebmasterRegina said:
DH and I are doing the South Beach diet and were doing our best to stick to it during the May repo cruise. For the most part, we stuck to the sugar free desserts, which were surprisingly good.

We celebrated our 26th anniversary in Palo. (No sticking to any diet there, LOL.) Two nights later, our serving team surprised us with a huge sugar free chocolate cake! It was delish and so big that we shared it with our DIS friends at the next table.

They really do go out of their way to meet your needs. :flower:

Hey Regina.....I don't remember getting any cake!!!!!!!

Elaine

i have to admit that in some ways i was disappointed by our service...our asst server was great but our regular server was just ok...one night we asked for more bread and they said that we could not have more than just the one basket...the last night we all ordered cheese sticks off the kids menu and at first they acted like we could not do that then they relented and said ok...i think if we had asked for something off the meny they would have had a coronary....i had heard of all the little things that some servers do to go out of their way but we did not feel that way...i mean, my DH had coke every night with dinner but they never remembered and had to ask him every night what he wanted...it just wasn't as nice as i expected but maybe we just happened to get new servers or something.... :confused3

oh...one more thing...even though we asked almost every night our servers would never tell us where they were going to be the next day...we were very easy going as well as our tablemates so there was no reason for them to hide from us.... :goodvibes

Wow, I can't believe they would deprive you of bread! We've always gotten all that we wanted. As a matter of fact, one of my most amusing cruise memories is of being seating with a mom and little boy (around age 5). Every night he would empty most of the bread basket onto his plate. Mom was embarrassed, but amazingly enough, he would eat every bit that he took! I think that's mainly what he survived on for the week. (Of course, when it's the banana bread from Parrot Cay, I can understand). The servers were always happy to bring us plenty more, so the rest of the table was never "bread deprived."
Barb

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Hey Regina.....I don't remember getting any cake!!!!!!!

Elaine

That's because you weren't next to us. Diagonal lines don't count. ;) :teeth:

Last summer our servers were not on the "A" list as others have been, probably a "b-". But with expectations high, there was a big gap between good and outstanding. Even so, about the 5th nite, our DD had never ordered dessert - when asked what she would like, replied "nothing". So, that is what they brought her. A plate full of vanilla custard, with chocolate syrup spelling "Nothing" across the middle. All the 6 kids with us got a kick our of it. Great memory!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter