Your whine of the day...

Skipped our trip to Maui this December. Went to Prague and Vienna instead. Loved Vienna but felt that Prague is highly overrated and we spent most of our time in Prague.
Oh no! I spent a few weeks in Prague last year and would go back in a heartbeat. Enjoyed Vienna too, but that was years ago.

I've been too busy to watch even one Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movie, and I usually indulge in them every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They're piling up on my DVR, so may have to squeeze them in before the Olympics start!

My parents have taped a few and are encouraging me to watch them. I haven't had time yet. :sad1:

My whine for today is about wine. DH ordered a bunch of wine and it's coming fedex today but I have to be home to sign for it. At least I can see that it is on the truck but not sure how long it will take to get here. I need to shower and get out shopping but I want to wait for the wine first. I know the second I get in the shower it will come so I'm just waiting.

I've been too busy to watch even one Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movie, and I usually indulge in them every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They're piling up on my DVR, so may have to squeeze them in before the Olympics start!

Terri

The Christmas in Mississippi was filmed here in August, I know those actors burned up.

Cute movie our community is proud of.

DD16 is sick again, she was just getting back to normal after a cold that put her on the couch for three straight days two weeks ago. Now she has a bad sore throat and an AP test today. She's staying home till the test. Has work tomorrow night, Christmas one-act performance for elementary kids on Friday, cheer Friday night (hope to get her out of this), Christmas one-act performance for public on Sunday, so she needs a voice and good health. My poor baby!

Terri
My husband and I have been watching them but there's still plenty stocked up in the DVR....some from last year :o But I also record Christmas movies on Ion tv, UP tv, Lifetime and then both Hallmark channels.

Goal is though to have a sizable amount of DVR space available for the Olympics...so fingers crossed lol

My whine for the day is about some moron that keeps calling our house. This woman calls our landline looking for Russ. We don't know anyone by that name. She called 5 times on Monday, 3 of which my husband was home for as I was out at my book club, and apparently she sounded either drunk or high and when DH told her she had the wrong number (like I had done twice earlier in the day) she says "but I need to know what to do with the kids." She called again last night and I told her she had the wrong number and needed to stop calling and she just called again and when I answered she hung up. I really don't know what to do.

Oh no! I spent a few weeks in Prague last year and would go back in a heartbeat. Enjoyed Vienna too, but that was years ago.

I don't mean to take away from it for other people. Had you been to Europe prior to visiting Prague? I have visited most major cities in Europe however Prague (7 days there) was just not a good experience for us, in many ways. Although I can totally respect another person having a very different, and positive experience. It happens. One of my favourite cities in the world is Paris (visited many times) and my husband absolutely hates it.

A new whine-

I’m totally over Christmas this year and it’s usually my favourite time of year. Our tree isn’t decorated even though it’s been up since Friday, I don’t have one gift purchased yet, and I’m not even looking forward to the Christmas cookie decorating party at my parents house this weekend. I just want this year to be over.

Like I said on the Christmas tree thread, I feel more like the Grinch this year when I’m usually a Who.
Same here. I’m extremely hormonally-challenged right now and my energy levels and mental stamina ebb and flow wildly and without warning. I’ve been in a scary-low place for a week; I’m weary to the bone and brain-foggy. I just cannot make myself power through getting the house decorated even though I had the boxes of stuff dragged up last weekend and I’m looking at them heaped all over the living room right now. I’m blessedly glad my holiday commitments are light this year. :faint:
:rotfl2:As my dear, sainted Mother used to say when snarky behaviour backfired “looks like the gremlins got ya”. (That’s a direct quote, so the quotations marks are OK, right? :rolleyes: )

New day, same whine. I'm cold and my foot hurts.

New whine: ordered a book from Amazon for my sons book exchange at school this morning. Should have been here yesterday. It's not arriving until tomorrow. Had to go buy a different book at 9pm last night.

Google/Microsoft/Windows 10- argh! Why did they have to go and make everything so complicated?
All our laptop seems to do is have update after update after update with Windows 10. I just updated it over the weekend (which took a long time) and now last night it says another update is needed.

All our laptop seems to do is have update after update after update with Windows 10. I just updated it over the weekend (which took a long time) and now last night it says another update is needed.
I’m trying to install Office. It’s a download not online subscription but I don’t get a box to put in the activation code. You have to click the app where supposedly you’ll get the box but that doesn’t happen. It takes me to One Drive instead. I’m trying to follow the directions provided but NOTHING looks they way it does in those and NOTHING it says is supposed to happen is happening. I don’t understand why they made it so complicated. Installing software should be simple.

I’m trying to install Office. It’s a download not online subscription but I don’t get a box to put in the activation code. You have to click the app where supposedly you’ll get the box but that doesn’t happen. It takes me to One Drive instead. I’m trying to follow the directions provided but NOTHING looks they way it does in those and NOTHING it says is supposed to happen is happening. I don’t understand why they made it so complicated. Installing software should be simple.
Ugh that does sound icky. So many things are downloads now. I know sometimes the instructions are either for an older version or a newer version which doesn't match what your computer's version.

One time we had an issue with the wifi on the laptop. It somehow got turned off like disabled. So my husband was searching for how to fix it while I was also searching on how to fix it. We both came up with what was supposed to be the directions for fixing it and yet neither of our directions matched the screens and directions of our computer. I swear I spent like 30mins trying to locate the area where the directions were wanting me to go..it was very frustrating.

Ugh that does sound icky. So many things are downloads now. I know sometimes the instructions are either for an older version or a newer version which doesn't match what your computer's version.

One time we had an issue with the wifi on the laptop. It somehow got turned off like disabled. So my husband was searching for how to fix it while I was also searching on how to fix it. We both came up with what was supposed to be the directions for fixing it and yet neither of our directions matched the screens and directions of our computer. I swear I spent like 30mins trying to locate the area where the directions were wanting me to go..it was very frustrating.
Usually I can figure it out but Win 10 is just not intuitive at all. Add that this is supposed to a download ON my computer but it keeps taking me to the subscription version and I want to hurt somebody, lol. DH is tagging me out and going in. Wish us luck.

Usually I can figure it out but Win 10 is just not intuitive at all. Add that this is supposed to a download ON my computer but it keeps taking me to the subscription version and I want to hurt somebody, lol. DH is tagging me out and going in. Wish us luck.
Fingers crossed it all works out :flower3::flower3:

The radio went out in my 2005 Saturn Vue last night, however the CD player still works. I'm thankful to still have music while driving, but I like listening to my favorite morning show and now I don't get to. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter