Your Top 10 Photos for 2011

Absolutely amazing Tom!

I love looking at the photos you take and learn so much from the blog site.

Tom, I have one word for you. AWESOME!!!! Hey Tom, on your sunrise MK shot your exif says 8mm. It doesn't name your lens. Was this your fisheye or your new 8-16 Sigma. I'm just wondering because I already have the Opteka/Rokinon 8mm fisheye and I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the Sigma 10-20.

Those are all lovely photos, but I think I like the one of your wife the best. It's a great environmental portrait and I could understand why the magazine would want it. Now I need to go get a wife so I can try something like that.

I didn't plan on doing a blog post of top ten photos for 2011. On any given day, my definition of "Top" would probably change. However, I have a few I like and I'll share them here, given more weight to the Disney images with regard to the audience here.

The Station by wbeem, on Flickr

Kelsey by wbeem, on Flickr

France by wbeem, on Flickr

Torii Gate by wbeem, on Flickr

Spaceballs! by wbeem, on Flickr

South Strip by wbeem, on Flickr

Baby, It's Cold Outside by wbeem, on Flickr

The Final Frontier by wbeem, on Flickr

We Sell Magic Carpets by wbeem, on Flickr

This Way to Infinity…and Beyond by wbeem, on Flickr

...and one more, in the spirit of '11.

Lauren by wbeem, on Flickr

I'll twist the thread a bit to suit my desires. Rather than post my 10 best, I'll post more of a spread throughout the year. I'll also mix in some video along with the pictures because I've been focusing a lot more on video this year.

This is from January at the Houston Zoo.
1148111662_L2Xmg-L-1.jpg

This is from our trip to Monterey in March. It is one of my all-time favorite pictures. I have a large print of this hanging over my fireplace.
MG9766-L.jpg

I have a video of shots from that trip here.

This is a video I made in June in our pool in the backyard. It's a variety of shots of the kids jumping into the pool and swimming.
http://vimeo.com/25642610

This is a video I made on our July vacation to Colorado. I used the Adobe PixelBender effect called Oil Painting on part of the video. That filter wasn't designed for video, so I had to do some tricks to get it to work. The result was referenced in John Nack's blog, which was cool for me because his is one of the blogs I love to read.
http://vimeo.com/26517218

This is a shot from the end of that vacation. It is my youngest son jumping at Great Sand Dunes National Park.
i-JxbFTF5-L.jpg

This is a shot from September. It's from the St. Francis Wolf Sanctuary. I entered this photo in a contest at work and was one of the winners. A large print of it is hanging in the lobbies at our company's main offices right now.
i-hQWC7wd-L.jpg

I have a video of that shoot here.

I did a Disney trip in October, but I'm still working on the shots from that trip, so I don't have one that I'll call my favorite yet.

This is a shot from our Halloween shoot in October.
i-kTQjtRk-L.jpg

I have a video of that shoot here.

In November, a dear friend had a baby and I did a photoshoot for her. This is my favorite shot from the day.
MG8188-L.jpg

The full shoot is here.

Over Christmas vacation, we went back to Colorado and spent some time sledding. This is my favorite shot from the sledding outings. My youngest son is in the front and my wife is in the background.
i-qGDp5SL-L.jpg

I have a video slideshow of our sledding here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter