Your thoughts

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
We have two weeks in hawaii then fly back to LAX

We have never been lucky enough to do disneyland and def want to do both parks

We fly in first thing Saturday morning 5 November then fly out evening of 11 November

I have read about dappers day

I can't decide what to do

We were thinking of vegas or San Diego as well

I want to be able to experience it all but at a reasonable pace

Would you suggest five day ticket

Any thoughts appreciated

I think it just depends on how important each thing is to you. Is San Diego someplace you've always wanted to go? Vegas? Or is Disney what you've really been wanting to do?

If the answer is Disney, I say get a 5 day pass and take your time. Spend time in DTD and take your time walking down Main Street. See the fireworks, WoC. If you're there longer you'll have more time to do things that can really make your trip memorable instead of rushing through everything. Breakfast in the park one morning instead of trying to rush through every ride because that's when the crowds are lower, that kind of thing.

Personally we always get 5 day tickets and always wish we could have one more day. :)

Have fun!

Ditto to above. List out what you want to do by priority.

If it's really all about DL, go for the 5 day and spend a couple days in SD or Vegas. If DL is only kind of the priority make it a 4 days DL, 3 days SD or LV split. I wouldn't try to hit all 3 because that would be crazy busy. For driving reference I play around with Google maps at different times of day to get a feel for distance and traffic. Right now at 10pm PST it's 4 hours from DL to Vegas and 1 hour 40 mins DL to SD. (I hate driving on vacation so that's always a major factor for me.)

If I were looking at 1 week and those 3 choices I'd do 5 days DL, 2 days SD and forget Vegas. You can do that and still have a relaxing trip. Oh, and Dapper Days looks like so much fun- but the parks are reportedly very busy on Dapper Days just FYI.

Good luck with your choices!

I would like to do SD and hubby vegas but disneyland comes first this time as never been and want to walk away not feeling as we missed a lot :)

We would have six full days so would you recommend five day pass but start on the Sunday?

Or do they do extra things on a Saturday day/eve that they don't do other days?

how close is DTD to the parks?

Is it like paris where all three close to each other?

Many thanks

That's what I would do. Take Saturday as a day off since you're coming from another vacation -- get some rest; you'll need it for 5 days in DL. :) Spend the evening in downtown Disney. Yes, it's very close. One end of it is right at the ticket plaza/DL entrance. You actually walk right through it to get to DL if you're staying at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian.

What hotel are you thinking about? Are you a family or a couple?

Thank you

It is just two adults

Wanted to stay disney hotel but think priced out

No transport

So going stay at hotel/motel right by the parks

I have seen link for dapper day rates for disney hotels for November but have not seen any non disney dapper rates .... Are there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter