Your Thoughts

Nicsnick

Mouseketeer
Hey girls, I have been around lurking for a long time and even though I am not engaged (yet) I have a question. DBF and I are both college students and I have seen a ring that I LOVE :love: The only thing is I do not want a diamond (yet) Too much money right now and I have been known to lose things and I would HATE to lose my ring

So lets make this shorter....should I get a Cubic zirconia or a white Sapphire??? We do plan on buying a diamond later but that is just not an option right now!! Thank you

Hi there! I got a cubic z. on a gold ring as a promise ring. I don't have anything against cubic. z but my promise ring isn't glittery AT ALL. Now that I have my e-ring that has real diamonds I had to get rid of the promise ring b/c it just looked awful. I suggest going with the white sapphires b/c those catch the light and are glittery. Very pretty!

I don't find anything wrong with it. Heck if you want something like a ruby or a sapphire that is fine too. Personally I think you are doing a smart thing buy waiting until you can afford what you want, and can trust yourself not to lose it.

Hey Nicsnick :)

Get a cubic zirconia, or a sapphire. In fact, get any stone or band you want, and your stone can be a different color. I have a diamond that I'm happy with, and I would have been just as thrilled with any gem. It's the symbolism behind the gesture that is the most important thing. The idea that a diamond ring is the only thing that can symbolize a person's commitment is just clever marketing on the part of DeBeers.

And don't let anyone make you feel weird for not having a particular ring. If you have a favorite color there is most likely a gem or stone that comes in that color. No rule that the ring has a to be white/colorless diamond.

If someone asks you if it's real, just kindly respond, "Why do you ask?"

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts