Your thoughts on which parks 7/3 and 7/4

Carrie in AZ

DIS Veteran
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts on our trip next week over 4th of July. I, DH, DD18 and DD14 are checking into GCH on Mon. 7/2. For the first time ever, we are not purchasing PHs, we will do one park on 7/3 and one on 7/4, but we can’t decide which day to do each park. Tues. 7/3 has EMH/MM at DL and 7/4 has EMH/MM at DCA.

We know it will be very, very crowded. We are normally in line at 6-6:15 for a 7:00am opening, so we always accomplish a lot in the first couple of ours. Fireworks are very inportant to DH, so we originally thought DL on the 4th but now we are second-guessing. We will buy MP. We also have BB F! Dining Pkg for 7/4 but it is not a must do for us.

Thanks again for sharing!

Personally I’d do DCA on 7/4 since there will no longer be a WOC, DL will have the only nighttime entertainment thus lighter crowds at DCA. However if you have a Fantasmic reservation for the first show and can remain seated to watch the 4th fireworks... that’s very very tempting.

I don't know if it is because we are moving closer to July 4th, but I find that a many folks have been on here recently about the 4th then last year.

I'd do DCA and just see the fireworks the night before. DCA will be less crowded. If you don't care about the sardine can feel though, then by all means, try DL.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts on our trip next week over 4th of July. I, DH, DD18 and DD14 are checking into GCH on Mon. 7/2. For the first time ever, we are not purchasing PHs, we will do one park on 7/3 and one on 7/4, but we can’t decide which day to do each park. Tues. 7/3 has EMH/MM at DL and 7/4 has EMH/MM at DCA.

We know it will be very, very crowded. We are normally in line at 6-6:15 for a 7:00am opening, so we always accomplish a lot in the first couple of ours. Fireworks are very inportant to DH, so we originally thought DL on the 4th but now we are second-guessing. We will buy MP. We also have BB F! Dining Pkg for 7/4 but it is not a must do for us.

Thanks again for sharing!

I would not say very very crowded. Touring Plans only has it at a 5-6 for your trip last I checked. We will be in the parks that week too. DL does not have a special 4th of July FW show, just an extra add on at the end of the Pixar one. I would do DL on the 3rd as a lot of people will likely want to do fireworks on the 4th. :-)

We went last year on the 4th and spent the morning at DCA (left around 1:30). It was not bad at all; in fact, the first two hours had notably low crowds. Even when it picked up, it was just "crowded," not "insanely crowded." So I definitely think you'll have nicer crowd conditions at DCA that day... but of course, no fireworks. Only you know how important that distinction is for your family!

It was on the news today, that July 4th is becoming the busiest 4th ever for folks flying, where are they going or coming from.....is it the 5 day weekend now?

As far as Holidays go, the 4th is mid week this year and I don't think it will be terrible the way most holidays are that are at the beginning or end of a weekend. It will probably be crowded, as always, but nothing like close the gates crowded.

I would not miss the EMH. They are great to getting things done with lower crowds. That said, I would do park hoppers. I cannot imagine not being able to move to the other park at will when things get crowded, or you just want to do another ride! flexibility is key at DLR for us. It makes the days so much more enjoyable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter