Your thoughts on this pic?

ElizK

<font color="9E2387">I'm a whosoever!<br><font col
I thought this was a cool picture, but DH was sort of "ho-hum" about it. This was taken as I flew out of Ft Walton Beach, FL the day before Katrina hit New Orleans. It is the very outer bands of Hurricane Katrina. So, is it a decent shot (possibly just because it IS Hurricane Katrina), or is it a "ho-hum" shot? Thanks!

IMG_0107-1.jpg

It's the story behind it that makes it so interesting. I didn't think "ho-hum", I thought "Neat!":thumbsup2

i agree, since katrina was so awful it's weird to see it looking so benign...

I'd have to say it's a nice photo, but I'd have to agree with your husband that it does not provide the impact I look for in photos. I have trouble understanding the subject matter without any commentary. To me, and this is my preference, not necessarily a rule to live by, but the photo needs to stand on its own. It needs to convey some subject that brings about an emotional response when viewed. In this case, to me anyway, I get no sense of why the photo was taken. There is no specific focal point that draws my attention. And, unless I was told, I'd have no idea it was a photo of storm clouds. So, although it's a 'descent shot', I don't think it portrays the feeling you had when you took it.

I hope this is the type of feedback you are looking for.

i understand and agree with what the last post said...for example, i saw a aerial photo of a hurricane about to hit land that showed the sebastian inlet area totally dwarfed by the massive clouds...that didn't need an explanation...i still think it's neat though in the context of what it is but would agree that without the explanation this one wouldn't be as neat.

fyi, my hub thinks a lot of my photos are crazy as well:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'd have to say it's a nice photo, but I'd have to agree with your husband that it does not provide the impact I look for in photos. I have trouble understanding the subject matter without any commentary. To me, and this is my preference, not necessarily a rule to live by, but the photo needs to stand on its own. It needs to convey some subject that brings about an emotional response when viewed. In this case, to me anyway, I get no sense of why the photo was taken. There is no specific focal point that draws my attention. And, unless I was told, I'd have no idea it was a photo of storm clouds. So, although it's a 'descent shot', I don't think it portrays the feeling you had when you took it.

I hope this is the type of feedback you are looking for.

while I agree to a point with this, on the other hand scenics quite often don't have a story to tell, they are just nice to look at..

Thanks to everyone for your response! I really appreciate the feedback. I have trouble looking at it as other than "Wow! that's hurricane Katrina!" But I can certainly see that it's only a "nice picture" (as my high school photography teacher said in a nasally voice -- about one of MY pictures, no less) if you don't know the rest of the story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter