Your thoughts on the matter...

Renosiris

Earning My Ears
I'm considering the possibility of renting an RV and using that while at Fort Wilderness rather than camping. I just noticed that Tina's site is booked for when I will need an RV. I have found another site, but they don't deliver it to the site.

I don't drive, my boyfriend isn't legally allowed to in the States because he's diabetic (weird rule but true), and my Mom (whom is coming with us) is too nervous to back it up into a site, though she would have done a pull thru.

So....if I found one for rent, and did this plan...Do you think that if we drove it there, we could convince someone else around us to back it in for us?
Something like "Knock knock! Hello, we're lowly Canadians who just want to sleep. Can you back our R.V in because we're reverse challenged?"

LOL Reverse challenged I like that...I think my wife has the same affliction.

I think you could find someone to help you.

If you tell them your delima at the front desk during check in they will send a couple of CMs to you site to help you. I don't theink they will actually drive the RV or tow vehicle but they are great at getting you backed into your site. I have watched them work their magic on a number of occasions. I would call the Fort to confirm they still provide this service before you commit to the rental.

Our maiden voyage with our popup was to disney......under stress DH couldn't back it in. CMs came and they actually just unhooked it and pushed it into our site. VERY helpful. DH has since mastered the backing up process. I have seen fellow campers help each other out also. I think you will be fine and be able to find help somewhere.

Thanks for your responses guys, and suggestions.

I've decided to "make camping easy" and let Donnie help me out with a fifth wheel! All problems solved! Now Donnie just have to endure my crazy family for a few minutes....OH! Maybe we can give him "back seat driver advise" while he gets it ready for us! LOL. I bet he would love it! :rotfl:

Now you can relax.. with Donnie doing all the work:drive: and you enjoying a magical camping vacation!pixiedust:

The funniest thing about it....

When I was kid, my mom drove a school bus for kindergarten kids...AND...she has her air brake license. Despite all that she was still saying "I don't know. I don't know!":sad2: While I was saying "You're crazy, and worrying for nothing."

Either way, I'm glad the Mayor is going to be looking after it. One less thing to think about and I don't have to worry about getting a cab rather than magical express, dragging all our stuff out and about three times etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter