Your Thoughts on Park Vue?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
In my newbie search came across what i believe is a "non good neighbor hotel" dircectly across street from main entrance.

It is AAA approved, just wondering if it's decent...the pics look good; but we all know how that can go.;) Apparently one of the older establishments, hopefully it's been updated.

Interested in thoughts on standard Queen room or the suite.

Live in the area and trying to help. I can't find anything for "Park Vue," except for D-land California. There is a Parkway Resort across from Celebration, and it's a very hokey timeshare place.

I am researching that hotel too as a possibility for our next trip. It looks OK and I do know the location is very close to the crosswalk at DL entry. I have heard some good reviews and it's competitively priced.

Yes, i'm talking DL:)

Rates are very reasonable, pics & reviews seem decent.

Despite talking to them today, i'm still confused as to the different suite layouts and prices. Some of them have plasma tvs, electric FP, kitchenettes, etc. look very stylish.

I did leave my email, supposedly they are going to set up those rates by the end of the month.

Just returned from the Park Vue, and our stay was very nice. The hotel is nothing fancy, but clean and the rooms have been updated. We stayed in a room with a queen and bunk beds which had a new updated bathroom with granite countertops. The rooms were not huge, but just adequate for the four of us. The rooms there have fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. The pool in the middle is nice and clean, and goes pretty deep. Yes, there are nicer hotels along the way with more greenery and things, but you cannot beat this hotel for price and location. You cannot get any closer. We came back from the park in the afternoon for a break, and went back in the evening, and it was so convenient to do so. I would stay there again and recommend to my friends. Breakfast is included. Giftshop/mini-mart on site too. Close to lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Just my recent experience:thumbsup2

For some candid pics, here is a link with a few reviews.......some good, some not.....but sometimes its best to look at the whole picture, not an incident.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29092-d75697-r8262529-Park_Vue_Inn-Anaheim_California.html

we stayed there a couple years ago, and for the price, and location, it was great. i am very picky about hotels, we also stayed at the howard johnsons 3 years ago, adn i would not go back there just because of how far you have to walk to the howard johnsons.

it isn't the newest, the Park Vue, but again the loaction was great. i would ask to reserve a room right in the front of the hotel. you will see that the hotel goes pretty far back (deep). our room was on the first floor right up front. no problems with noise and so conveinent with our kids.

i would stay there. it is so close & so worth it!!!! the staff was also very nice.

good luck.

thanks again!

i've looked @ trip advisor, other than the pics with sewage in the sink:rolleyes1 it looks fine. I've come to take their reviews with a large grain of salt based on recent experience where i booked a highly ranked hotel in Sandusky & it was the worst dump i've ever seen (so glad we went elsewhere).

We stayed at Park Vue in Feb and thought it was decent and clean. We had a bunkbed room and would not recommend it though. It was really small and we felt really cramped with 2 adults, 2 kids and luggages. We peekd in on a 2 queen/double room and that looked nice.

i
would ask to reserve a room right in the front of the hotel. you will see that the hotel goes pretty far back (deep)

Yes, good advice. Our room was upstairs close to the front. I was glad we didn't have to walk all the way to the back. Being up front also affords you the best view of the fireworks, and the shortest walk to the breakfast room too :cool2:

Hate to be a negative voice here...I have been to DL many times and stayed in many different hotels/motels...The Park Vue in my opinion was horrible. The room was small (we had the bunkbeds) the upper bunk kids head hit the ceiling..

The curtains had ice-cream stains all over them, you had to wear socks on your feet at all times, there were tiny little bugs in the bed and myself and my youngest daughter got a rash from the pool...

I am coming back to DL this spring and am already searching for a better option...

Scott Vancouver...

thanks again!

i've looked @ trip advisor, other than the pics with sewage in the sink:rolleyes1 it looks fine. I've come to take their reviews with a large grain of salt based on recent experience where i booked a highly ranked hotel in Sandusky & it was the worst dump i've ever seen (so glad we went elsewhere).

I have used Trip Advisor from about 2003 and have to say no more..... There are too many Hotels writing their own reviews due to the site becoming more popular (free advertising). Friends of ours wrote to them after their last trip as they had a similar experience as you and were told yes they were aware of the problem and were taking steps to address it but to date nothing has happened. My father once told me "if something is too good to be true it probably isn't", I think thats how you must look at some of the reviews. Its easy to spot the fakes on Trip Advisor, they tend to be be very positive reviews from people who only joined TA on the date of the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter