Your thoughts and opinions please on Concierge aboard the Dream (or any ship for that

abouttime

Earning My Ears
So glad to find this site- wish I had found it when I was planning our first Disney Cruise!
Anyway, we (me, husband and 12 year old son) are planning a 4 night in May for the Dream. This will be a special celebration so am thinking about the family stateroom with concierge service instead of the family stateroom with verandah. I have compared them on the Disney website, size, amenities, etc. but would like a traveler’s view. Do you really think the additional services are worth the additional $$$? If so what do you like best? The first go around we just kind of signed up and cruised and had a great time. This time I thought I would put some more thought into the process to have a bit more Magic! :tink:
Please forgive me until I learn the correct Dis-terminology.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Personally, when I book a suite, I do so more for the bigger stateroom, and less for the concierge services, though it is a nice perk. In the new Cat V family stateroom with concierge service, you are getting basically a Cat 4 room that sleeps 5, with access to the concierge lounge and deck (both new on the Dream) and the services that the concierge will provide before and during your cruise.

We've gotten our three suites via upgrades at the port, so they were well worth the additional cost to us, though we didn't get to take advantage of the precruise concierge services. However, the cost of booking in advance is generally much higher. I don't know how much more it is to book the Cat V versus a regular cat 4 (or even any cheaper category since as a Family of 3 (if I'm reading it right) you don't need the 5 person stateroom anyway), but the Cat 4 price is usually much more than the cheaper verandah categories (cat 5), and I'm more inclined to save the money, investigate an upgrade at the port if it's available, and use the savings for more of what you want to celebrate anyway. If you really want to celebrate, I'd look at one of the suites!

Ahh, that makes sense to try for the upgrade at the port with a cheaper booking now. I like that idea!:thumbsup2 Thank you!

Ahh, that makes sense to try for the upgrade at the port with a cheaper booking now. I like that idea!:thumbsup2 Thank you!

Just recognize that there is no guarantee that an upgrade will be available, so you should always book a room that you will be comfortable sailing in. I look at upgrades as pleasant surprises but am not disappointed if none are available.

But 3 people are pretty comfortable sailing in any size room, so you have the run of the ship. We like oceanview rooms, so that's what we book these days.

Thank you for the follow-up. Yes, I understand that it would not be guaranteed. We had a great time the last time and had no clue what we were doing..... so eveything was a surprise! ;) I think it might be fun to just wait and see what happens. After all there are many ways to spend money on a bit more magic!wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter