Your suggestions on the Dream..Newbie Please Help!

twinsmom328

Earning My Ears
Hi All

We are going on the 4day Bahamas Dream on Sept 1 can you all help with some suggestions on where to eat, what time is best and the kids clubs DS & DD both 7... Thank you in advance!!

WHen can I start booking dining/excursions after I pay the balance in full or only on the date they specified 6/18/13??

Is there not a good time of day to send th ekids to the kids clubs? i read in a post somewhere that some kids were bored at certain times?

Best places for breakfast/lunch/dinner or when is best for room service?

Anything else you could think of would be sooo appreciated!!

Thanks and Have a great day!!!:cool1:

Hi All

We are going on the 4day Bahamas Dream on Sept 1 can you all help with some suggestions on where to eat, what time is best and the kids clubs DS & DD both 7... Thank you in advance!!

WHen can I start booking dining/excursions after I pay the balance in full or only on the date they specified 6/18/13??

Is there not a good time of day to send th ekids to the kids clubs? i read in a post somewhere that some kids were bored at certain times?

The cruise is not like WDW where you have to make dinner reservations. All you have to do is decide if want to eat at 5:45 or 8:15. These are the two dining times. You will be assigned a dining rotation at one of the those times for the whole cruise and rotate through all three dining rooms, repeating one of them. It is open seating for breakfast/lunch and you will have your choice of the buffet up on Deck 11 at Cabanans or one of the main dining rooms will be open for lunch for a sit down, served meal...or there is the room service or the fast food type options on Deck 11.

Another dining option is Cabanas for dinner (not on the first or last night) which is casual sit down where you can go at any time for dinner.

And yet another dining option is for Palo and/or Remy. These are an additional fee and you do need reservations for these. You can book these online when your check in window opens up or once onboard.

I suggest keep reading all the threads you can on this board and you will pick up a time of info!!!

MJ

As far as the kids clubs are concerned, it really depends on the child. Some kids love the clubs and could live in there 24/7. They do have special activities for the kids, but until they try it out, they won't know if they like it or not. That's what we told our kids..."just give it a try."

Our kids were so entertained that my husband and I had a lot of relaxing time to ourselves. Love!

One afternoon we had Mickey Mouse ice cream bars delivered to our room with assorted drinks. Sat out on the verandah. Very cool!
If the kids like the clubs maybe you could try Palo Brunch on the sea day! We just loved it. You would have to reserve early and then decide.

Hi All

My DS was 7 on our first cruise on the Dream last year. He went in and out of the kids' clubs a few times each day. You carry your Wave phone around with you, and your kids just let one of the CMs at the club know when they're ready to leave and they'll text you. Of course if you're somewhere where you can't get to the club soon such as at Palo, just let them know and they'll let your kids know.

As far as where to eat, we had breakfast at Cabana's the morning we docked in CC. It was cool to sit up there and eat breakfast outside while watching the docking process.

You can't start booking until 75 days out from your cruise, which looks like 6/18 for you. I would pay your balance in full a few days before then just to make sure everything is a go for 12:01 am on 6/18.

OP, each day you will get a Navigator delivered to your cabin. It lists activities for all ages all over the ship. Let your kids decide which things they want to do. When ours were younger & we'd have to sign them in & out, we'd have different color highlighters so we'd remember who wants to do what & help them remember. They weren't that into the clubs that they'd want to spend all day there though some do. That was fine cuz we'd find something fun to do together. We gave up the highlighters when they got to the teen level & started carrying their own Navigator. Now they do their own thing, sometimes with us, sometimes not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter