"Your party may be seated at more than 1 table" - REALLY?

cheesemouse

DIS Veteran
Hi - We have an ADR at Crystal Palace on 5/8 at 11:40 am for 4 people. On the reservation it said: "Your party may be seated at more than 1 table." Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it really likely to happen?

It's me, DH, DS(4), and DS(1) so there's no way we would go for this. I suppose if it really comes down to it we'll just have to cancel on the spot and go to a CS. Just wondering... I tried to book it over again but now nothing comes up around that time for lunch.

I can't imagine that this would occur @ CP with a party of 4. Possibly standard wording just in case of a larger party, but I wouldn't worry.

I got the same message! Was booking for myself, DS (12) and DD (10) and my thought was the same as yours...REALLY? I figured it was something new to cover their bases in the case that would in fact come up, but like you, we'd just cancel and go elsewhere.

I would think that this would not likely happen for a party of 4,,,seems more like something for a party of 6 or more but I'm just guessing here,,,

Just tell them they are more than welcome to seat your young children alone!

I have never seen it happen, despite many getting that message.

Yup, this happened to me when I called WDW-Dine to change the timing of an existing ADR for our party of three.

The CM read me that information, and then said something like "I don't know why it's saying that - they can seat your party of 3 together!" so perhaps it's some new standard language along with the "plan 90 minutes for transporation, characters and food items may change" etc.

I wouldn't worry about it. I know May is busier, but my party of 7 sat together when we had breakfast there in October. I don't think a party of 4 would be a problem. If they were going to separate groups, I would I would think they would go for the larger parties first. Oh and I got the same message for Ohana this morning for a party of 4. Our party of 7 sat together there as well during our October trip.

It's called covering their rears. Many people have been getting that message but it has almost never happened (and I have never heard of it with parties of 4). However, in Disney's eyes, better to have that pop up and nothing happen then to have to deal with people if they DO get split up without warning.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've always gotten that message when I've reserved for 7 or 8 people. But the only time we were actually seated at separate tables they were right next to eachother with about 2 feet in between the tables. I think that with the exception of maybe 10 tables in the whole restaurant, all the tables seat at least 4 people. Good Luck and have FUN!!!

Ok thanks everyone. We'll keep the reservation and just see what happens. I think I'll refrain from mentioning the character lunch to the kids until we're SURE that we'll be seated together. :)

It said this on all 10 of my January ADRs and this was only for DH and I, even for the signature restaurants (although I wanted to be at another table when DH snapped the water glass in half at Citricos:sad2:) and we were seated together at them all. I think this is something that randomly just gets put in the fine print just in case it has to happen, but I seriously have not heard of any groups of 4 being split maybe a table of 6 or more but not 4. Have fun:thumbsup2

It said this on all 10 of my January ADRs and this was only for DH and I, even for the signature restaurants (although I wanted to be at another table when DH snapped the water glass in half at Citricos:sad2:) and we were seated together at them all. I think this is something that randomly just gets put in the fine print just in case it has to happen, but I seriously have not heard of any groups of 4 being split maybe a table of 6 or more but not 4. Have fun:thumbsup2

Good! What a relief! Thx!:wizard:

It is standard language. It has even turned up on bookings for a party of one. If I can figure out how they are going to seat a party of one at two tables, then I'd tell you you should worry about it, but I have yet to see any reports of a party of four being split (we do have one person on this thread who said it happened to them but they didn't say what their party size was - I'd say with parties of six and up it could be a possibility)

The msg came up for friends of ours when I booked their Ohana ADR..... but their family of 4 was seated together....

I got the same message when I booked our Ohana dinner for this July and no matter what time/day I picked, I got the same msg for our party of 4 (2 adults/2kids). I chose a 5pm slot right when the restaurant opens to lessen the chances of us being split up and we always arrive early anyway.

That's the only restaurant that I've ever encountered that msg though:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter