Your opinions please....

ericamcl

DIS Veteran
DH and I are planning an Escape vow renewal in 2013.
I've already contacted Randy for photos :lovestruc and we're penciled in with him. I've also already got us penciled in with Jack Day. I know we have about 2 years to go, but I'm already in super planning mode.....

HERE is where I'm having problems deciding on things - since Randy can't shoot in the parks DH has decided that he would be OK with me doing a desert party at GF - that way Randy can shoot it.

With that being said, should we then try to keep everything in the same "section" of the world? We had thought about doing the ceremony at SBP, then dinner at Yachtsman followed by the desert party in Epcot - but now that we're gearing the desert party towards GF should I think about doing dinner somewhere else?

Should we also then plan on staying somewhere closer to MK than Boardwalk?

Someone help me out with what you would do on this.....
I want everything to flow smoothly - DHs family are NOT Disney fans like we are so I don't want them to feel...put out? by having to travel around so much...I should also mention that we're planning on renting a 2 br villa for his mother and his sister & her hubby

I know we have plenty of time to decide these things but I'm working on what the budget is going to be - and knowing these things will help me determine where we are with the numbers we've agreed upon :goodvibes:
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

keeping in mind that whatever you *decide* upon right now will likely change quite a bit over the next 2+ years of planning, i think having things that spread out is kind of tough? it does seem very far out and spaced out to me, but it may not to others.... people do do things all over, but, i'm thinking ESPECIALLY for the "non-disney" people in your group who may need more help figuring it all out, well, you may find yourself inclined to be putting alot of $$$ into transportation?

but you have great thoughts and lots of time to figure out lots of stuff!!!! so welcome and congrats!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it seemed spaced out with the change in desert party venue.

I know that a LOT is doing to change between now and then - DH says I'm not happy unless I have "something Disney" going on....ha!

I'm planning an escape, and I want to do SBP, followed by the Attic, followed by (well, a few hours later...) Sago Cay, and I don't think it will be a problem. (We're also planning on staying at the Boardwalk too!) I figure, the GF isn't THAT hard to get to, and I've also been thinking about using the limo that's included--- we get 4 hours, after all!

Just my two cents, of course.

We stayed at BWV, had our wedding at SBP, the brunch at The Attic, dinner at HDDR, and DP at EPCOT...talk about spread out!!

We took Disney Transportation (with our guests) to HDDR and it was a blast - quite unconventional, but we don't regret it one bit...you can read about it and see pics in our TR. We hires towncars for ourselves and our parents to get to the DP, but everyone else (including the non-Disney people) took Disney Transportation over. They didn't mind at all - I just made sure my sister was available to help people find their way - everyone had fun and made it on time...in fact we are the only ones that got lost, and we had hired cars!

The only thing I would caution you on is making sure you have enough time between venues to get from place to place, but your planner will be able to help you with that!!

I would try to move your guests as minimal as possible from different sections of the world, I would also try to either have everything right after each other (ceremony, reception, DP) or have a long break between the reception and DP. I had to change some things I really wanted to do after I realized how much guests would be moving. You want to make sure they are happy and having a good time in order to ensure you have a great time. Good luck with your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter