Your Opinion on the Romance Plan

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
I originally thought the "Romance Plan" add on was not worth the extra $300, but now I am having second thoughts. I know DF and I want to do the horse and carriage ride that is included with the plan. The plan also allows us to do 2 features which would be our choice of...
Dinner at a select signature restaurant...(We wanted to go to CG anyway)

Admission to Cirque du Soleil..(not really interested)

Selected Spa treatment or Professional Photo session.
(These each count as two features)

So does this mean if we choose to have the Spa treatment, we can not have the signature dinner?

If this is true than maybe the plan isn't worth it. I believe one poster earlier said that the spa treatment is valued at $225, and I know that the carriage ride is only $30. If the signature dinner would be included I guess it would be worth it, But It seems it would be cheaper to just do the spa and carriage ride seperately with out the romance plan if that is all we are going to get. Does anyone else agree? Please post your opinions on this topic.

You get a signature dinning choice, a feature choice, and the carriage ride. So here is how I see it for us...

$200 cirque (we are addicts! They are absolutely amazing and we would have bought tickets anyway)
$150 ish for dinning choice (gotta eat)
$30 carriage ride (he would have never agreed to it but its included, no excuses!)
_______

$380 - so we get the carriage ride and desert for free and we were able to get better seats going through concierge for cirque.

FYI - The photo session isn't avaliable for the 2004 packages. I haven't seen the stuff for 2005.

I had our honeymoon booked for 7 nights with the RP, then applied the 7/5 code today. I was not able to book the 7/5 with the RP, but after running the numbers, I don't think it is really worth it. It all depends what ya wanna do. We will do cirque, the carriage ride, and eat (of course). If it costs more than 300, ok. We are still staying at SSR for 7 nights and paying for 5. I think there is plenty of money left over to do the RP stuff!

Just my 2 pennies

We had it for the trip on which my fiance proposed, and I think it was worth it. The carriage ride and Cirque were great, and our meal at California Grill would have otherwise been really expensive. Two appetizers, two entrees, two desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages are included.

From what I gathered was that you could do the couples massage but it required a use by both of you it wasn't like one of you could say im going to use mine for the massage and the other say he was going to use his for the show. I booked my stuff through AAA and aranged my romance package already and none of them had any problems with anything for the most part. I also believe that we asked about this just to be sure. If it isn't and I get down there then I am going to be mad.

I was a little confused about the two features. I want to do the carriage ride, but I also want to do the signature dinner AND the couples massage. Because the couples massage requires the use of two features, I was under the understanding that we would need to give up our signature dinner to do the massages.
I guess my question is can we do all three of these things with the romance plan, Dinner, massage, and carriage ride?

See I believe that you can do all three because for that part it says "One of the following Romance Choice features per person" and for the spa it specifies "Couples Spa Treatment: 50-minute Swedish massage at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (requires two Romance Choice features for use)". So I take that as meaning that both people must use their choice for that. I can understand why the other ones aren't like that because one person could go play golf by themselves or go see the show, but to do a couples spa then you must need two people; therefore, requiring two choices.

This is my understanding how it worked. You get the carriage ride, the signature dinner and then a CHOICE of the following: golf, cirque, or massage. Now, you can both golf, use one choice and pay for one. Same for cirque. BUT, the massage requires both choices, so you cannot use one choice and pay for one massage. If you do the spa and you want to golf or go to cirque, then you have to pay for it.

Originally posted by Merandab4
I guess my question is can we do all three of these things with the romance plan, Dinner, massage, and carriage ride?

Simply, YES! :)

It can be any combination...
Dinner, Massage, and Carriage Ride
Dinner, Cirque, and Carriage Ride
Dinner, Golf, and Carriage Ride

Well then, In this case I guess it does seem like a pretty good deal. What all does the signature dinner include? We would like to make ours at the California grill, but neither one of us are big drinkers. DF may have one drink, but I will not.

I emailed disney about this and they explained it to me the way i thought it was. They said that each person gets one choice out of the tickets to the show, the massage, or golf. But since the massage is a couples massage it requires both people to use their choice, where as with the other two a person could use theirs to see the show by themselves and the other to use theirs to play golf. Hope this clarifies things for everyone.

Thanks to everyone who answered and thanks to DDUCKFAN for going through the trouble to e-mail disney! Yes, that clarifies all my questions.

You're welcome Merandab. I had booked this plan myself and it is approaching so I definitely wanted to make sure myself. Now we all know which is what these boards are for.

I reaaly don't think its worth it at all. First, the photography option is no longer an option this year, but was last year, and that was our only draw to the plan. Sure you get a carriage ride, but when you add up the costs of your activities you are paying the same with the RP as you would be if you booked everything seperately.

A question I have though, b/c I must have misread, but did people say they would spend over $100 on one meal? just confused b/c to me, if that was your only draw to the plan it would be a blatant waste of money. Why not eat a nice meal not for $100 and book whatever else you would like seperately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter