Your Most Comfortable Park Shoes

Crocs are on sale - 50% of clearance Crocs!!! Just ordered me 2 pair for my Sept trip!!!! #croclife

I used to do sandals, now I only do shoes. 30,000 steps a day everyday at WDW is too much for sandals. I take 3 pair of New Balance Kaymin Trail Fresh Foam and a pair of sandals to lounge in. The NBs are the most comfortable pair I have ever owned. I have had Nike, NB, Asics, and I always go back to NB. Especially the Fresh Foam line. Highly recommend them for anyone wanting really comfortable running shoes.

Y'all know that Chacos' straps are extremely adjustable?
https://www.chacos.com/US/en/strap-adjuster/#/
Good link. I went again today (same store, different location) and did better with loosening the straps (plus this shoe seem to have softer straps...the previous ones were so stiff). Didn't buy as I went on my lunch hour and ran out of time..but may...try again tomorrow and take them home.

Do you eventually get used to adjusting the straps? They seem like a bit of a pain (plus every time you need to reapply sunscreen you gotta take em off and re-adjust)

My Chaco straps rub my feet raw in places. I had to stop wearing them. I adjusted them different ways and nothing made it better.

The woman with the injury to the toes didn’t happen to be last week at AK, did it? While we were waiting for our Tusker House reservation, we saw a woman who had fresh gruesome injuries to her toes (and her calf was wrapped up with a bandage as well) and we couldn’t figure out how that would have happened. No scratches to indicate she had fallen. Being run over by a scooter would make sense.

This is exactly why I were closed toe shoes when I leave home (or my resort)- you never know what the heck will happen out there that is out of your control.

To the OP- I wore all my shoes: flip flops to the pool, Keens to the water park/ and on the day we expected rain, golf shoes when we played, rotated two pairs of Toms to the parks the first couple of days and then switched to my sneakers for the last two days. 9-11 miles per day required some extra support at that point.
This was the second/third week of July.

These are the very 2 shoes I'm debating on (but have yet to try on Chaco's zcloud)

I have to say that you feel secure with the Chaco's, but they are something to get used to with the high arch, adjusting and feeling comfortable with the straps and they are a bit heavier than I'd like. The Tevas need virtually no break in time and were comfortable all day everyday of my trips. Looking to buy many more!

I have to say that you feel secure with the Chaco's, but they are something to get used to with the high arch, adjusting and feeling comfortable with the straps and they are a bit heavier than I'd like. The Tevas need virtually no break in time and were comfortable all day everyday of my trips. Looking to buy many more!
Thanks. Maybe I'll give them a try again (or wait for next spring). Gonna return the Tevas Tirra. I love the footbed (and comfy right away as you say), but it's hurting my darn toe. Too many straps I guess that cover it. Very frustrating.

Thanks. Maybe I'll give them a try again (or wait for next spring). Gonna return the Tevas Tirra. I love the footbed (and comfy right away as you say), but it's hurting my darn toe. Too many straps I guess that cover it. Very frustrating.

Oh no! Yeah, I am not a fan of the Tirra- only the Originals. Good luck with your next pair!

I have had good luck with Sketchers Go walks, and a pair of Ahnu sandals. Has anyone tried Allbirds? I use them at home on weekends but not sure if they had enough support for Disney.

Skechers with memory foam are must haves and I also like the cheap Dr Scholl trainers from Walmart, we don't have them in the UK, so I always pick up a pair on my trips. I live in trainers, even at home.

Does anyone know if the mens Sketchers GoWalk run a bit big? I have a pair of slip on Sketchers that are a 10.5, but I could wear a 10 easily because they are that much bigger.

Does anyone know if the mens Sketchers GoWalk run a bit big? I have a pair of slip on Sketchers that are a 10.5, but I could wear a 10 easily because they are that much bigger.

Just bought a pair of GoWalk before this trip. I usually wear 10 but these were too small, returned them and re-bought 10.5 which are fine.

I am an outlier. I wear mostly Fiesso men's dress shoes with insoles but it works for me (I know I look like squish but I do about 20'000 steps a day for work shifts). Last trip we did about 40,000 steps per park and I had zero issues. Hubs in his Dr Scholls sneakers inflamed his old ankle injury and got blisters so by the third day I was pushing him around in a wheelchair. Here's me meeting Gaston with the hubs. Shows off my shoes far too well because I had split-legged pants. After the ankle injury Hubs was rocking sandals and using a cane out of the chair. XD

Thank you everyone! It is a bit bemusing with all the available brands, and I guess it is down to personal choice in the end. After lots of research and a whole day spent trying on whatever shoes I could in London a week or two back, I have bought a pair of Ecco Off Roads for the really busy walking days, followed by two pairs of Skechers Goga sandals for evenings and days when I won't be continuously on my feet. Anything else will just have to be covered by trainers! I'm breaking the new shoes in when I can, and although I obviously cannot comment yet on a day using them at Disney, so far things are promising on the comfort front!!

I alternate between Teva sandals/flip-flops and two pair of Crocs sandals. Crocs are my favorites by far.

Anyone out there got flat feet? I'm on my feet ALL day on concrete slab...any suggestions? I need something for the parks!

I alternate days between my worn in Reebok’s and my Crocs flip flops. I recently bought a pair of Sketchers Go Walk shoes for work and they’re so comfortable that I may bring them in January to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!