Your Most Comfortable Park Shoes

If you are into sneakers / tennis shoes in the park (don't understand how anyone can wear anything else!!) then try some out before you go. Having tried Adidas Ultra boost, Nike air max and a range of other high end expensive comfort shoes, the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn in the parks all day is Nike Pegasus Zoom. Relatively cheap, ridiculously comfortable and can take all day pounding without blisters, rubbing or pressure spots. Buy a new pair every trip! We average 15+ miles a day pushing a stroller, so you need comfortable shoes.

Vessi runners (sneakers, trainers - whatever you wish to call them) are AMAZING! Waterproof, breathable and lightweight. I wear them all day in all sorts of weather when I’m at WDW. I highly recommend them.

I wore birks (broken in, too) for 1 day (and 7 miles-which is nothing for me in Disney), and I ruined my feet for the whole week.

Does anyone have any suggestions for people with low arches? (or stylish and preferably waterproof)

My go-to running shoes are Hokas, and I find that they're great for a day in the parks! Very comfortable, cushioned, and breathable. I'll rock the Cliftons or the Arahis. Great shoes.

I wore birks (broken in, too) for 1 day (and 7 miles-which is nothing for me in Disney), and I ruined my feet for the whole week.

Does anyone have any suggestions for people with low arches? (or stylish and preferably waterproof)

I just bought the Teva Tirra sandals for our trip. They are REALLY comfortable. 7400 (!) reviewers on Amazon can't be wrong. (If you buy them from REI and are a coop member you can return them even if you have worn them.) I did get one pair that rubbed weird, but I think there was something wrong with one strap. I wear Birks normally but I don't think they are great for lots of walking because you have to hold your feet a certain way to keep them on. I also like my Keen Newport H3, but they're a bit much for theme parks. Great for Costa Rica jungles. The Whispers didn't have enough support for me. Some people swear by Chaco but they were too uncomfortable out of the box for me to want to wear them long enough to get used to them.

So my best advice is to just choose some shoes you want to wear and just break them in at home first!

I don't buy special shoes just for the parks. I walk about 5-8 miles a day normally, including a straight 2 mile walk home. So by the time we are at Disney, whatever shoes I decide to bring are already broken in.

Any shoes are going to hurt your feet if they are new. And your feet are going to hurt if you are not used to walking that much, so shoes won't make a huge difference there either.

Walk at home and break in those shoes! :)

I run with Saucony ProGrids. They're also comfy to walk in, so I usually bring a broken-in pair or two to wear. They're light and airy and comfortable to wear for 16+ hours at a time.

It's funny, there was a time when this kind of thing didn't bother me. What did I wear for the trip? Regular sneakers. Park wear? A good pair of rubber-ish (is that the correct term?) sandals that had a thick sole and was perfect for getting the feet wet and then drying off quickly. Now that I'm older? Where do I begin? Plantar Fasciitis, Arthritis in one ankle and big toe. Man this sucks getting old. Hahaha I love reading these threads for ideas.

Last edited:
I've never been to Disney and am booked to go next May, early in the month. I've been trying to find a pair of comfy walking sandals that I actually like aesthetically (and which don't make me look like I'm wearing granny shoes!) but I'm struggling! I've seen a pair of Skecher D'Lites Fresh Catch sandals online. Before I go ahead and order them, does anyone have any personal experience with them? They look well padded but what concerns me is some of the reviews say the straps are too short to adjust properly, or, even worse, are actually just decorative (with the front strap not being adjustable at all). Let me just say that I own (and have owned previously) several pairs of Skechers trainers so they are a brand I know and love! Just haven't tried their sandals before. Can anyone advise please?

I've never been to Disney and am booked to go next May, early in the month. I've been trying to find a pair of comfy walking sandals that I actually like aesthetically (and which don't make me look like I'm wearing granny shoes!) but I'm struggling! I've seen a pair of Skecher D'Lites Fresh Catch sandals online. Before I go ahead and order them, does anyone have any personal experience with them? They look well padded but what concerns me is some of the reviews say the straps are too short to adjust properly, or, even worse, are actually just decorative (with the front strap not being adjustable at all). Let me just say that I own (and have owned previously) several pairs of Skechers trainers so they are a brand I know and love! Just haven't tried their sandals before. Can anyone advise please?

I can't speak to these particular shoes but I have had problems with the straps on two pairs of sketchers sandals. They don't fit well, are too tight, can can't be adjusted. Looking at the style though, they're similar to Teva Terras and Vera, both of which I have and both of which I would recommend. I also have Merrill Terrans which probably get my vote for most comfortable all day sport sandals. I've worn all 3 at Disney and all were fine.

I’m a runner, and will definitely bring a pair of sneakers- favorites are by Mizuno (just bought a new pair of Wave Runner 22s- no break in time needed, love them!). I don’t like wearing sneakers in the parks all day though, my feet get hot and tired- especially in the hot summer. So, I am also bringing a pair or two of Toms. They are so light, and I appreciate having my foot covered. No stubs, scratches, stings, etc. I will bring one of the two pair of my 10 + year old Old Navy flip flops (they have a shape and coating that they no longer produce). I have other flip flops, but these two are perfected conformed to my feet, and obviously have stood up to the test of time. Also, a pair of Keen sandals, golf shoes, and probably will throw something else in the bag right before we leave. A girl likes to have choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!