Your Most Comfortable Park Shoes

carousallie

Earning My Ears
Since we all know you can easily walk a good 20k steps in a day in the parks, comfortable footwear is obviously a necessity. What shoes do you like to wear in the parks? What brands would you recommend to others?

I usually stick with sneakers (Nike) or TOMs myself.

My running shoes. We are often there for 10-14 days though so I like two pairs of running shoes and a pair of sandals. I wear the sandals only on days I expect to do less walking or just strolling. I can't power walk as well in sandals and often I like to zip through the parks and only running shoes will do for that .

I went with my teen nieces one year. One girl wore Converse and by the end of the day her feet were hurting badly and we all had to slow down a lot. Wish she had just worn running shoes like her sister did.

I'm a hiker/backpacker. I like my Altra Lone Peak 4 trail runners with either Darn Tough Wool socks in DL/DCA or DeFeet Wooleators at WDW. I like thinner wool socks for more humid climates.

I never wear sandals at Disney, personal preference.
I alternate my Brooks tennis shoes with Easy Spirit. They are both so comfortable and "Disney tested" :)

My husband wears Ecco's slip on's and loves them.

Last edited:
Because of severe plantar fasciitis and heel spurs I wear Kurus (online only, made for people on their feet all day). For flip flops it is only Vionix.

What I think matters most than brand or type is if the pair is broken in. New shoes are a no no. They are more likely to give you blisters.

For type, use what you are most comfortable in. For me, it is running shoes with mesh material. The mesh allows the moisture to escape and get some cooling air to my feet.

I wear Crocs Capri IV flip flops (with a leather or cloth thong, NOT the rubber/croc one!) when I wear sandals, and I wear my Kuru sneakers. (Kurus are arch-support sneakers.) I haven't had issues since I switched to shoes with arch support in them.

I loathe running shoes in the parks, a huge nope for me!

I wear Toms, a couple of different flip flop brands (yellow box mellow mat, tevas mush, sanuk yoga mat), or Tevas freewheel canvas shoes (these are probably the best overall walking shoes for me - I wear them on any day I have to be up and walking a lot). I have a couple pair of converse that work (and a couple pair I'd rather die than wear in a park all day).

For me, I find that switching shoes works more than just having a specific "park shoe". I wear one type of shoe in the morning, then switch for evening, and switch for the next day.

I always bring 2 pairs of running shoes with me. ASICS are my favorite right now, followed by Brooks. I alternate days in them, and if one pair gets wet, I have another pair.

Go to your local running store and get your feet measured and tested properly. Life got much better once I started wearing proper sized shoes.

For days I might get wet, I have a pair of Columbia PFG boat/fishing shoes that I can tolerate walking distances in. I don't do sandals, so they're a good alternative if it might rain that day.

I LOVE my New Balance Shoes - they are the same brand that I workout in and they don't make my back hurt after all that walking

I WILL trade off for my crocs sandles that have great support as well

I alternate between my Brooks and Nike Free. Both are very comfortable. I would suggest you take at least 2 pair of shoes as you may get caught in a quick downpour or soaked on a ride. If you head back to the resort for a mid afternoon break, it's nice to have a dry pair of shoes to change into when you go back to the park.

For me, I find that switching shoes works more than just having a specific "park shoe". I wear one type of shoe in the morning, then switch for evening, and switch for the next day.

I totally agree with you about switching shoes. Years of being on my feet at trade shows taught me that lesson.

For sandals, I love Aetrex (Jillian) and Sofft (Bali). Especially for days when I'm wearing a sundress or jumper. I feel more put together if we're going straight from the park to dinner. Both have great, cushioned foot beds and awesome arch support (though Aetrex I find to be better for arches than Sofft). I also have a pair of New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz (Decon) that I wear when I'm going for super comfy, t-shirt and shorts, days.

It's going to sound silly but my most success trick to prevent sore feet is something a former boss taught me at my very first trade show. At night when you're back at your room, lie down on the floor with your butt up against the wall and your legs pointed straight up the wall. It sounds ridiculous but I'm telling you, a good 15 minutes in that position and your feet will feel brand new.

CROCS!! Every style but it must be a croc. My favs, the regular ugly clogs and capri flip flops.

I make my whole family plus sisters, nieces and nephews wear them. Dad was dead set against it but I purchased them and made him wear them. My mom on the other hand. HARD HEADED! Blistered the 1st day. On a scooter the 2nd day. SMH!!!

I have several pairs of sketchers go walk with memory foam. best sneakers I ever owned

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!