Your first SB attempts: Do you "re-do" them?

Sillyminny40

DIS Veteran
I just took apart our 2000 WDW trip. Ew. I cannot believe I did those pages.
After many SB workshops and excellent materials the new books and pages are so nice (thanks to SIL who is awesome).
Anyone else ever had to do a trip or album over after learning how to do SB well? Thanks.l

I just took apart our 2000 WDW trip. Ew. I cannot believe I did those pages.
After many SB workshops and excellent materials the new books and pages are so nice (thanks to SIL who is awesome).
Anyone else ever had to do a trip or album over after learning how to do SB well? Thanks.l

Not yet but I have been thinking of doing so. DH tells me he thinks it reflects where I started and how my skills have grown....kinda like a child.

Nope- and I dont plan to...

I kind of like seeing the evolution of scrapping throughout the books from the days of 4 colors of cardstock (light blue, light green, pink and cream) and random stickers to the large die cuts, bright patterned paper though today. Who knows in 10 years what we are doing now may be as laughable as how we scrapped 10 years ago... (I *still* remember having to make an appointment 2 weeks in advance for a die cut session..)

NEVER! LOL!
My first books are so terrible it makes me laugh! Seriously I don't know what I was thinking or not thinking....I say it was pregger brains that did those pages! I started with a 3 ring binder...and some of my pages are vertical like they should be then....boom I decide I could get more crap on a page if I did it horizontal...but then I guess I didn't like that and would switch back....
And oh how i loved deco sissors! Saddest part....I have no idea where all the negatives are and the only picture of me and my son right after he was born I cut into the most bizzare shape! I did actually pull some of those picture off and put them in his real baby book since I did just 2 baby pages for him. But that picture had to be recut into a small oval shape....
I have my DD preschool book I actually would like to do over. It isn't bad. I had moved away from those sissor but I used a spiral bound book and it kind of warped and beat up....
But it won't happen!

I have wayyyyy too many pics to scrap the way it is. So no, I don't ever plan on re-doing any of my albums or even pages.

Whenever I need a laugh, I go look at my first album I made about 10 years ago!

No way! Would we ask Picasso or Renoir to go back and "re-do" their first drawings and paintings?? :rotfl: Okay.... so I know I am no Picasso... but I think that the idea is still the same. How do you ever know how much progress you make if you keep going back and re-doing your first pages?? PLus, as someone else mentioned... things change continuously in scrapping just like they do in fashion. The pages we think are FABULOUS today may look silly to us in 10 years. If you keep "redoing" to keep up with current trends you would never make any progress.

Do I cringe when I see some of my first few pages??? SURE. But I also remember the excitement I had and the love I felt when I created those pages. And the reason for those pages (to remember special things/people/moments in my life) hasn't changed. ......................P

No, I've never re-done "propoer" scrapbook pages. But I did pull out all my wedding and honemoon photos and memorabilia and the baby photos (as my boys were born in 1993 and 1999 and I didn't start scrapping until 2005 :earseek:)and "scrap" them properly :thumbsup2 Next step, to go over our "Rotaract" photo albums and try to get some old pics from my mum so I can do my early years :)

Nope! I love looking back at my old pages and see how my style has changed. I may think my old pages are bad, but then I think that they are in the style of the time I made them. (ok, they are kinda bad!)

I like remembering who I was when I put the photos away. My first photo album that I put together was when I was 5 (when I got my first camera!), and I'd only ever take it apart if it starts to destroy the pictures (stupid cheap old photo albums). I like the terrible handwriting, and the simpleness, and I think the same thing about my newest creations. I obsess over them while I'm working on them, but after a chunk is completed (like I just finished DL 2006) I don't touch it again. Besides, I have enough to do without redoing my old efforts! You'll note my goal of 700 pages for the year, which won't even cover everything I have printed and ready to go. :blush: That's what happens when you're a little obsessive about your photography too.:p

I want to but I won't. I started scrapbooking at the end of 1995- and my first album was my wedding album in 1996. It looks a little(well actually alot) crazy- but it just shows how much my scrapbooking has grown. Plus there was hardly nothing back then as far as scrapbooking- I got everything from Creative Memories. There is so much out there now.

I've only re-done one book - it was my wedding/honeymoon book from 11 years ago. I used magnetic pages and switched them all to a CM book, half w/black pages. That said, I think my initial scrapping style (SLOPPY!!!!) in my DD's early books captures some of the time frame, too. SO, with that said, I won't re-do them - but, sometimes I cringe! LOL

Honestly, I do think about it. and then think about how much time it would take. I like to look back at them and remember all the stuff that we didnt have. now it seems like there is too many options.

I started 9 years ago in a 3-ring binder with page protecors. I took all of those out and mounted in them in 12x12 album about 3 years ago. and this weekend i went back and made them "flow" some of the 2 pagers got seperated. and scrapped some pics that I found in a box that belonged in DD's baby album. (the new way). so now its kinda mismatched. but oh well. why start all over? Besides i cant find some of those negatives or they were pics given to me.

I agree, leave them, deco scissored people and all. Its fun to see what things were like back then :rotfl:

Sometimes. Just because some of the LOs are just awful. And it's not just the first pages I did, but some I just did weeks ago!

Just remember, you're the one that'll have to look at the pages over and over again once they're printed. If they bother you this much already, take the time to fix them.

I don't think I ever would...with ONE exception...books and photos that are not archive safe that are starting to disintegrate. I would move those photos into new books. Otherwise, I like laughing at how ridiculous and rudimentary my scrapbooking skills were!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter