Your first day...

We come from NH and break up our trip so that we have only the Jacksonville-FW leg on arrival day (about 3 hours or so).

We arrive at FW about 11am, setup, relax (which generally involves the first of many pitchers of margueritas), have a snack, then take a golf cart tour followed by a trip over to MK in the evening.

If it's not a good MK night for some reason, we usually either head to Epcot-WS for dinner and a stroll or to DTD for dinner and some pre-shopping scouting.

We come from NH and break up our trip so that we have only the Jacksonville-FW leg on arrival day (about 3 hours or so).

We arrive at FW about 11am, setup, relax (which generally involves the first of many pitchers of margueritas), have a snack, then take a golf cart tour followed by a trip over to MK in the evening.

If it's not a good MK night for some reason, we usually either head to Epcot-WS for dinner and a stroll or to DTD for dinner and some pre-shopping scouting.

Monique ~ we're heading down from MA in April, and we are planning on doing exactly what you do (Jacksonville-FW, check in around 11ish, set up, relax, margueritas, snack, golf cart tour, and MK late afternoon/night). I guess great minds really do think alike, lol!

Monique ~ we're heading down from MA in April, and we are planning on doing exactly what you do (Jacksonville-FW, check in around 11ish, set up, relax, margueritas, snack, golf cart tour, and MK late afternoon/night). I guess great minds really do think alike, lol!

Must be a New England thing. :cool1:

Have a terrific time! :thumbsup2

after 22hr drive.....we arrive around 3pm.........set up trailer, shower and head to DTD.........look around and have a nice meal. Then all the fun starts the next morning.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Most people never slow down long enough to check out the Fort, so I would use that time to do so. It always takes us longer than expected to set up camp and is fun to savor the feeling of being at the Fort (WDW). We usually just grab a burger or sandwich that night, tour the area, get a drink at Crocket's Tavern, and just relax after we finally get there after an 8-9 hour drive that day. This might be the ONLY day you will relax and smell the roses!! By the next morning you will be rested and raring to go.

ok> I stay in the cabin but.....we buy a bunch of finger foods like chips and salsa, hummus, cheese crackers and eat that for a quick bite and then off to MK. I can't stand not to go somewhere when we get there....Next trip we are staying longer and driving so it might be different. I like the Earl of Sandwich and DD before checking in. Especially since I am alway trying to check in early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter