Your favorite treat

EmJ

DIS Veteran
Okay, everyone. What is your single, most favorite Disneyland treat? Reading the posts about cakes and popcorn buckets, and especially seeing all of WonkaKid's photos of the amazing looking treats, has me wondering what I should MOST plan to sample while we are there. In reality, we will probably go for one sugary treat a day... but what to choose?! So far, the Matterhorn Macaroon, Gray Stuff, and Tigger Tails are trending at the top of my list. Are they The Ones? Is there something else we should make sure to try?

Tigger Tails. There are lots of marshmallow wands, of many varieties, in all the candy stores, but I've only seen the Tigger Tails in Pooh Corner in Critter Country. I believe that's the only place they are available. They are marshmallows on a stick with a thin layer of caramel, then orange-tinted white chocolate, then chocolate "stripes." For several years they were rolling them in orange sugar, which I think ruined them. Recently they've gone back to the previous glory of the originals. When we were there last week, I bought a bunch for my family, ate one in the parks, and one more when we got home. :love:

I always have to have Mickey beignets on every trip. Some of the snacks are too sweet for me, but I find that the beignets always hit the spot. I'm hoping to try the Jazz Kitchen ones on my next trip, just to see if they are better.
So I confess I had to look up what a beignet was. Is it like a doughnut? I like doughnuts....

My staple is a beignet with a cup of coffee from the Mint Julep Bar.

For this upcoming trip, I definitely want to try out the Abuelita with either the Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron, Cheshire Cat Linzer Cookie, or Black Rose Dessert. I'm not typically a dessert kind of person, but I definitely want to try out some of the seasonal stuff.

So I confess I had to look up what a beignet was. Is it like a doughnut? I like doughnuts....

It's sort of like a donut (same idea, anyway), but much lighter pastry since it tends to be made with choux yeast pastry versus a flour dough.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmJ

Tigger Tails. There are lots of marshmallow wands, of many varieties, in all the candy stores, but I've only seen the Tigger Tails in Pooh Corner in Critter Country. I believe that's the only place they are available. They are marshmallows on a stick with a thin layer of caramel, then orange-tinted white chocolate, then chocolate "stripes." For several years they were rolling them in orange sugar, which I think ruined them. Recently they've gone back to the previous glory of the originals. When we were there last week, I bought a bunch for my family, ate one in the parks, and one more when we got home. :love:
View attachment 437332

I absolutely loved them with the sugar. I will have to try these kind when we go in May.

The raspberry macarons at Jolly Holiday are SO yummy! They have fresh raspberries in them, which I think makes them even better! Also, I love the Mickey beignets, they are a pretty good price for a decent amount, either a 3 or a 6 pack.

My staple is a beignet with a cup of coffee from the Mint Julep Bar.

For this upcoming trip, I definitely want to try out the Abuelita with either the Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron, Cheshire Cat Linzer Cookie, or Black Rose Dessert. I'm not typically a dessert kind of person, but I definitely want to try out some of the seasonal stuff.

I had the Black Rose dessert last year, and it was our fave that trip! It’s SO good, pretty rich, but it definitely satisfies a chocolate sweet tooth!

Yes, it's like a pillowy doughnut. Much lighter, and covered in powdered sugar. I like that I can add or dust off the sugar to my liking. Disney also does a pretty good job with the seasonal ones. Sometimes, I'll get the Mixed Beignets, which gives you 3 of the regular ones and 3 of the seasonal ones in two separate bags for the price of a regular large order, so I can sample the new ones and still have the original.

Okay, by popular vote, the beignet is going on the list! And I actually know what choux pastry is because I've watched a LOT of the Great British Baking Challenge, lol.
So, if you haven’t had beignets before, be aware that the Disney ones aren’t real beignets. They’re a perfectly delicious foodstuff in their own right (just had the pumpkin spice ones on Saturday!), but they’re not traditional beignets.

I don’t like the Grey Stuff. It tastes so artificial. The raspberry macaron is absolutely a favorite, probably our favorite non-seasonal treat.

So, if you haven’t had beignets before, be aware that the Disney ones aren’t real beignets. They’re a perfectly delicious foodstuff in their own right (just had the pumpkin spice ones on Saturday!), but they’re not traditional beignets.

I don’t like the Grey Stuff. It tastes so artificial. The raspberry macaron is absolutely a favorite, probably our favorite non-seasonal treat.
Thanks for the heads up! That's disappointing about the Gray Stuff. According to the song, it's supposed to be delicious 🤨

Thanks for the heads up! That's disappointing about the Gray Stuff. According to the song, it's supposed to be delicious 🤨
Lol...I tried it last year, just because I had to try it once. It was ok, but definitely not memorable. I never felt the desire to order it again.

English toffee from the candy shop on Main Street
corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon in front of the Plaza Inn on Main Street
regular beinets (not the specially flavored ones) in New Orleans Square

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!