Your Favorite Memory/Detail on the Magic

mickeymom22

DIS Veteran
I am anxiously waiting for our family's 2019 sailing on the Magic. Please share your favorite memory or detail from the Magic. It will help me play the waiting game...

This might sound wierd but the bathrooms in After Hours, the decor reminds me of Tangled. Disney has such detail everywhere. Like the mirrors that look like mickey heads.

In 2008 our first DCL cruise was on the Magic for an EBPC. It will always hold a special spot in my heart because it gave us our first impression of what future cruises held and seven cruises later, we still marvel at the creativity, pixie dust and magic that at least three of the DCL ships continue to offer and improve. Haven't been on the Dream as yet. Perhaps the size of the ship is appealing, the carpet, the discovery of the door where most of the characters come out for photo ops (they go back in there, too, and, if you are patient, you can get your own photo op before they disappear...next to Shutters.

In 2008 our first DCL cruise was on the Magic for an EBPC. It will always hold a special spot in my heart because it gave us our first impression of what future cruises held and seven cruises later, we still marvel at the creativity, pixie dust and magic that at least three of the DCL ships continue to offer and improve. Haven't been on the Dream as yet. Perhaps the size of the ship is appealing, the carpet, the discovery of the door where most of the characters come out for photo ops (they go back in there, too, and, if you are patient, you can get your own photo op before they disappear...next to Shutters.

We have only been on the Dream and we loved it! Thank you for sharing!

We have sailed on all 4 ships and we love the size of the Magic. The smaller size = less people.

Agree! :cutie: We looooooove the Classic ships!

The Magic was our very first DCL sailing in 1999. Took my 2 youngest who were young teens at the time. They made great friends in the teen activities, and we had SUCH a wonderful time! The ship is lovely in every way, and she is my "first love" with DCL. I miss the Chihuly chandelier in the lobby. The crew was awesome and the shows were superb! DCL has taken great care of their grand dames, and I will choose them any day. You will LOVE the Magic! pixiedust:

The old atrium:
magic-2008-lumieres-staircases-dcp_1353-1500-jpg.336587

I LOVE it, PrincessShmoo!!! And there's the Chihuly!!! :thanks:

Dh and I went on the Magic for our honeymoon in 2001. I loved the double staircase, sad they got rid of it on the Magic and Wonder. We've been on the other ships, but have only been on the Magic that one time. I'm hoping to book a cruise on her in 2020 as soon as they release the dates!!

Our family's first DCL cruise was on the Magic in 2014. We had many, many highlights on this trip but the two that the kids talk about the most are:
  1. My very loud "gasp" and flowing tears seeing the ship in person for the first time. We spent 1 night at WDW before driving over to the Port. As we crossed the bridge over the Banana River (I think that's what it's called) - there she was! The sky was a perfect blue and the ship was GORGEOUS! The memory still makes me smile :)
  2. After we got on the ship, we went to Cabana's for lunch. We grabbed our plates of food and wanted to find out outdoor table. We noticed that no one seemed to be going to an eating area up some stairs, so we thought this would be a perfect lunch view of the port. We walked up the stairs with our plates and began to eat. It wasn't too long before we realized why there was no one else up there as a whole family of seagulls hovered over our heads while we ate. It was as if they were magically suspended in the air just above our heads the entire time we ate. To this day, we jokingly look for silent, hovering birds over our heads whenever we eat outside!
  3. The gentle swaying of the boat almost put our 15 year old son to sleep at our first dinner. As he was gently swaying back and forth in that happy food-coma zone chewing his steak, our server came over and began cutting his steak and feeding it to him. Normally my son would have been embarrassed, but he was so happy in that moment that he just smiled and opened up his mouth like a baby bird.

Oh, The Disney Magic is our favorite for a few reasons:

She was our first ever cruise in 2002 and we loved it, went back in 2003. I remember my daughter crying on the way home ( she was 14 and now 30).
We renewed our vows onboard in 2012 for our 25th Anniversary on the secret deck 7 patio ( now gone :sad1:). This was our 2 older grandkids first cruise and they love the ship too now!
We have sailed on all 4 ships, but the Magic has taken us to many great ports through the years.
She will always hold a special place in our hearts for this family.

These are my three most memorable moments:

Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introduced on that cruise.
Anytime we want a good laugh, we bring up that video.

At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

For our 25th anniversary on the Magic someone put up decorations on our door announcing our celebration to everyone else on-board. We do not have any idea who did this. We came back from breakfast the second day of a seven day cruise and there they were. What a surprise and a welcome pixiedust: moment.

My very loud "gasp" and flowing tears seeing the ship in person for the first time. We spent 1 night at WDW before driving over to the Port. As we crossed the bridge over the Banana River (I think that's what it's called) - there she was! The sky was a perfect blue and the ship was GORGEOUS! The memory still makes me smile :)

:love: I LOVE this! You know, we have our 11th Disney Cruise in several weeks, and I still get that feeling when we drive up and across that big bridge over the Banana River! I simply cannot WAIT to get my first glimpse of our gorgeous ship! It will be our first on the Fantasy, but the "Classic" ships have entirely won my heart. :cutie:

We just went on the Magic in June and my daughter made an amazing group of friends through the teens club-- definitely more so than on the Dream and Fantasy. I think that the smaller size of the ship helped with this.

I also really enjoyed Rapunzel's Royal Table. I think DCL did a great job with it. One of my favorite memories is when Flynn Rider came over to our table. My teenage DD was shy about taking a picture with him so he came over and tried to give her the swoon eyes. I have the best picture of him looking over her chair at her and her with blushing intensely and and trying to hide her face!

I also really enjoyed Rapunzel's Royal Table. I think DCL did a great job with it. One of my favorite memories is when Flynn Rider came over to our table. My teenage DD was shy about taking a picture with him so he came over and tried to give her the swoon eyes. I have the best picture of him looking over her chair at her and her with blushing intensely and and trying to hide her face!

What a WONDERFUL story! Just awesome..... those sweet moments with our children. :love:

Oh, The Disney Magic is our favorite for a few reasons:

She was our first ever cruise in 2002 and we loved it, went back in 2003. I remember my daughter crying on the way home ( she was 14 and now 30).
We renewed our vows onboard in 2012 for our 25th Anniversary on the secret deck 7 patio ( now gone :sad1:). This was our 2 older grandkids first cruise and they love the ship too now!
We have sailed on all 4 ships, but the Magic has taken us to many great ports through the years.
She will always hold a special place in our hearts for this family.

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on our trip! Did you renew your vows through Disney? Or did you do something on your own? I need details! :)

Thank you for sharing your favorite memory!

These are my three most memorable moments:

Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introduced on that cruise.
Anytime we want a good laugh, we bring up that video.

At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

For our 25th anniversary on the Magic someone put up decorations on our door announcing our celebration to everyone else on-board. We do not have any idea who did this. We came back from breakfast the second day of a seven day cruise and there they were. What a surprise and a welcome pixiedust: moment.

Love it! Not too sure I like the shark story, but I love you had a little pixie dust on your 25th anniversary trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts